Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree68Likes

My 2 year old daughter is not eating?

Discussions on "My 2 year old daughter is not eating?" in "Preschooler" forum.

fragrance is offline Newbie

My 2 year old daughter is not eating?

My 2nd daughter is 22 months old.She is always refusing to eat to take any foods. I am feeding her in compulsion. she not at all open her mouth for food. I am so much frustrated. Her tummy has completely shrunk. When I saw other children at her age they looks little bit fat and chubby. but she looks very lean.
    how to make her food with her own interest. tel me easy way or tip to feed her without running behind her.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Re: My 2 year old daughter is not eating?

Welcome to Penmai....Fragrance.

Sad to hear that your daughter is not eating properly.

Don't worry. Try these methods.

When you make dosa, do not make it in the usual round shape. Make it in different shapes, like country shapes, flower shapes, triangle, square etc.

While preparing this itself, you can have your daughter, by your side. Be telling her,about the shapes you are doing. So, she will get interested now. Now, you can tell her, that she is going to eat that country or state or anything else.

This is for an example. You can try this with other food items also.

Whenever, you give any vegetable or fruit or rice or any dish, you tell her, that this will improve her eyesight, she would become more beautiful, she will have lengthy hair etc.

Make her sit next to you, and tell stories of various kinds, and encourage her by asking little questions in it. Now, she will get interested in the story, and without knowing, she will finish her food.

Try to make the food given, very attractive and different. This is what they need.

Do not force her to eat.

You can also go through the following thread,

Parenting tips

Last edited by jv_66; 13th Feb 2013 at 05:59 PM.
    Jayanthy

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hi fragrance, I understand your problem. please click on the following penmai forum link:

my daughter is not eating food properly

Even you have not got the correct solution please the following article:

How to make food interesting for kids

“My child does not eat properly. He is very fussy about eating. My labors at making his meals yummy and nutritious always end up in the trash basket. I am unable to provide proper nutrition to him. What should I do?,” is the common query of every mother, who has a small child at home.
    However, a mother must realize that there is more to a meal than just taste and nutrition. As a majority of mothers are working women, chances are that they are not spending much time with their children. Perhaps mealtimes are the only occasions when they are able to sit with their children, but being extremely busy and exhausted they rarely have time to pay attention to their kids. So, they try to make them finish their meals fast instead of in a leisurely manner, which often ticks off a child.
    Fun at Mealtimes
    Mothers should try and make mealtimes interesting for their children. A mealtime is actually an occasion where a child can learn healthy habits from his parents, siblings and other relatives. Try and make mealtimes fun times for your children and you will be surprised at the results. The food that they used to find dull and boring would actually be scrumptious and tasty for them.
    Converse with your child
    A mother must try and talk to her children to find out exactly what they would like to have each day in their meals. Besides that, a mother should also try to find out why her children find home cooked meals so disgusting. She can ask them for suggestions for making their meals better. If the conversation takes a positive route, a mother can tell her child why he should eat a particular food and how beneficial it is for him.
    Relate food with story characters
    If dealing with a pre-schooler, this formula can go a long way in inculcating healthy food habits among children. A woman I know often used to complain that her son detests eating eggs, spinach and cottage cheese, which his doctor had advised for him.
    “Initially making him consume this diet was an uphill task. But I figured out a way. I wove an interesting story around an egg, which I used to tell him while trying to feed an egg to him daily. I related spinach with Popeye his favourite cartoon character and told him that cottage cheese tastes best with spinach, which Popeye eats to gain strength. Needless to say, he began to love these foods and is now in better health than before,” she said.
    As little girls can be beauty conscious even in their childhood days, it would not hurt to tell them that even their Barbie dolls eat the same healthy foods that their mothers give them. Your child will never eat nutritious food unless you make him do that. Being a mother you should understand the strengths and weaknesses of your child and capitalize on them fully for his own benefit.

sumathisrini and GayathriArun like this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

And one more thing, being lean, is not a thing to worry.

Some children may be fat, some may be lean.

They should be healthy enough. That is what we need.

sumathisrini and gkarti like this.
    Jayanthy

GayathriArun is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Gayathri ArunPrakash

Kolanndha saapida matengiraala? mudhugula rendu potta, thannala saapiduva. Naan kollandhaiya irukkum bothu ennoda amma adha dhan senjaanga. Just kidding............

You have already got good tips to make your daughter eat, so happy feeding.

Gayathri ArunPrakash

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Quote Originally Posted by GayathriArun View Post
    Kolanndha saapida matengiraala? mudhugula rendu potta, thannala saapiduva. Naan kollandhaiya irukkum bothu ennoda amma adha dhan senjaanga. Just kidding............

You have already got good tips to make your daughter eat, so happy feeding.
    Hey Gayu...!

Ha... ha... ha... you made me to remember gripe water advertisement

NivetaMohan is offline Penman of Penmai
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Niveta
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sumathisrini View Post
    Hey Gayu...!

Ha... ha... ha... you made me to remember gripe water advertisement
    hai sumi akka athu gripe water semma taste ah irukum......haha i love it...now also..

aama inga kodukira tips 22 months baby ku mattuma......or enna madhiri 23 yrs kum ithu sellumaaa..ennnaku sollungappa yaarachumm.....me baby also not eating well nu my mom..always thtifying meee...baby me in so much of feelings

Niveta निवेता

Kadhalum natpum iru kavidhaigal ....

Anbana Natpai nesikiren......

Nesikum naptai kadhalikiren..!

Natpu un meethu....

kadhal un natpu meethu...!

Real Name
    Sumathi

Quote Originally Posted by NivetaMohan View Post
    hai sumi akka athu gripe water semma taste ah irukum......haha i love it...now also..

aama inga kodukira tips 22 months baby ku mattuma......or enna madhiri 23 yrs kum ithu sellumaaa..ennnaku sollungappa yaarachumm.....me baby also not eating well nu my mom..always thtifying meee...baby me in so much of feelings
    Hi Nivi!

22 months babykku konjama measure panni kodukanum, unakku appadiyae oru bottle eduththu gagadannu kudichidu... Aala paru aala... kuzhandaikku nee gripe water kodukura stage-la irundhukittu... nee unakku kekuraya?

NivetaMohan is offline Penman of Penmai
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Niveta
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sumathisrini View Post
    Hi Nivi!

22 months babykku konjama measure panni kodukanum, unakku appadiyae oru bottle eduththu gagadannu kudichidu... Aala paru aala... kuzhandaikku nee gripe water kodukura stage-la irundhukittu... nee unakku kekuraya?

aakaaaaaaaaaaaaa....me kudicha enna future la vara pora en baby..kudicha ena ellam onnum thaane akka...so me baby aapuram en baby...ok akka

sumathisrini, ramyas and divideva like this.
    Niveta निवेता

Kadhalum natpum iru kavidhaigal ....

Anbana Natpai nesikiren......

Nesikum naptai kadhalikiren..!

Natpu un meethu....

kadhal un natpu meethu...!

Real Name
    Sumathi

Quote Originally Posted by NivetaMohan View Post
    aakaaaaaaaaaaaaa....me kudicha enna future la vara pora en baby..kudicha ena ellam onnum thaane akka...so me baby aapuram en baby...ok akka
    Appo unga veetu grocery listla idhayum serthukko Nivi... enna oru full box podhumnu ninaikkiraen.

NivetaMohan and ramyas like this.