User Tag List

Like Tree16Likes
  • 4 Post By keshavsmom
  • 3 Post By sumitra
  • 4 Post By ramyaraj
  • 4 Post By jv_66
  • 1 Post By jv_66

How to prepare my son for school?

Discussions on "How to prepare my son for school?" in "Preschooler" forum.

keshavsmom is offline Newbie

How to prepare my son for school?

I am new here. I need your help how to prepare my son for his pre-school. He is now 2.5 months old. Play school is begignning by 10th June here. Tell me how to physically and mentally prepare him. I have doubts on the following,
    1. I like to send him without crying
    2. How to make him eat by himself
    3. How to make him to go for natural urgencies
    4. How to mingle good with his friends without fights

If i missed anything pls tell me about that too.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: How to prepare my son for school?

Hi Keshavsmom, welcome to penmai.com!

ramyaraj, sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.

ramyaraj is offline Penman of Penmai
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    RamyaRajan
    Blog Entries

Hi

Welcome to Penmai.

Now a days kids are not crying for going to school. Actually they are enjoying because there they will have so many friends to play.

If you son is able to tell about his toilet urgency to his care taker then no problem otherwise you have to teach him that.

For play school kids they will not have uniform so you can tell your son to select the dress for him to wear. Definitely this will make him happy.

For first few days whatever snacks he likes, you send for him after he gets practice you can send healthy foods.

For first one month they will go for one hour only so don't worry too much. he will slowly pickup. Don't force him for anything.

Make sure to him that he is going to play school only for play then he will go happily.

Last edited by ramyaraj; 31st May 2014 at 03:12 PM.
    Ramya Rajan
    “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” ― Mother Teresa

வழியோரம் விழி வைக்கிறேன் - full story link

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Welcome to Penmai....friend.

You can follow the below to make your child feel free to visit the school.

1. Now, you have around 10 days for his first day to school. So, right from today, you can ask him to tell immediately to you, once he feels about his nature's call. If you are wearing him the nappies, please stop it immediately. Every time he announces about his feeling of the nature's call, you can take him to the rest room and after he is cleaned, you got to praise him for that. You can tell him, that he has to follow the same method in his school also, to avoid wetting his dress. Tell him that it will stink if he is wetting it.

2. To avoid his crying to attend the school, from today itself , you start telling him, that he can meet so many new friends and play with lot of enjoyment. Tell him that even if some children cries, the teacher would praise him if he is not crying. And tell him that you will also say him "good boy" if he is not crying.

Some children may cry initially while others don't do. We cannot prejudge them. Even if he is crying initially, just don't mind. You should not get worried for this. He may cry maximum for 1 week or 10 days. After that, he will enjoy the school more than anyone else.

3. Initially, give him the snacks which he loves a lot. Get an attractive Lunch box . Tell him that he will have many other friends there who will also eat at specific time and that he can also follow that. Tell him that he would feel very happy to eat along with so many new friends.

Also tell him that you will say him "good boy" once when you find his lunch box empty after coming from the school.

Also tell him, that he is growing into a Big boy who will eat by himself. And tell him that he can grow very strong so that he can play, read, very well, only when he eats the whole thing which is given and by himself.

Don't worry, by looking at his friends, he will start eating himself.

Please don't forget to praise him after coming from school.

4. Regarding mingling with good friends, now itself ,you cannot judge anybody of his going to be friends . So it will happen in due course. Later, if any of his friend behaves rudely or badly, (you must bear in mind that the specific boy is also a child and he would change within few more months) then you can consult that with the teacher.

5. From now on, be telling him that he is going to learn lots and lots of things from the new school and is going to teach you and your husband whatever he learns from the school.

6. Never scold about the teacher or care taker in the school in front of your son. Also don't create any bad impression about any one else including his friends.

7. Always try to be punctual to the school to cultivate the habit in him.

8. Ask him to tell the teacher if he has any complaints about his friends and should not bite or beat them instead.

9. Teach him that all the friends will be good and ask him to tell those friends who is fighting with him, that they could be good friends, if he /she is not fighting.

10. Tell him that he should give respect to the Ayah/Bhai , also, by not calling her name but call her as aunty . The habit of giving respect to elders irrespective of their designation will develop.

11. Keep him next to you while you keep his things ready to school ,and tell him that before getting ready to coming home, he should check his belongings without losing them. And you can praise for this if he does that.

Jayanthy

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

For more tips, please click the below link

Tips to Prepare your Child for the first visit to the School

sumathisrini likes this.
    Jayanthy