Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine October! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vijigermany

Why You Should Feed Your Mind Happy Thoughts

Discussions on "Why You Should Feed Your Mind Happy Thoughts" in "Psychological Problems" forum.

vijigermany is offline Supreme Ruler's of Penmai

You've probably heard the popular advice: "you become what you think about most of the time". If you want to create a life of success, abundance, love, and happiness, you have to focus on successful, abundant, loving, happy thoughts, and take actions that are in alignment with those thoughts.

Unfortunately, many people get caught up in negative thoughts and negative actions, which prevents them from ever reaching their goals.

If you find yourself in a negative place and don't know how to get out of it, first of all don't beat yourself up over it. We've all been there at one time or another (some of us have been there a LOT, myself included! :-)).

Turning it around is actually pretty easy - you just have to start spending more of your time focused on positive things and try to minimize focusing on the negative as much as you can.

Below are three simple ways to start:

1) If you don't have anything nice to say . . .

When I was a child, my mother constantly told me that if I didn't have anything nice to say, I shouldn't say anything at all. She was, of course, speaking about my interactions with other people, but the same thing applies to your self-talk habits.

Do you tend to put yourself down a lot? Do you say unkind things about yourself? Do you downplay your skills and talents?

Start being nice to yourself and building yourself up with positive self-talk. Encourage yourself, praise yourself, motivate yourself and support yourself - verbally, mentally and emotionally. The more you do, the better you'll feel about yourself and the more abundance, success and happiness you will allow yourself to have.

2) Study successful people.

Make a habit of reading success stories in books, magazines, and online as often as you can. Pay close attention to the clues that are revealed, like the man who refused to give up no matter how much adversity he faced, or the woman who took on a massive cause because it was so vitally important to her.

With each success story, you absorb little bits of insight and passion that you can apply to your own goal.

3) Listen to people who have achieved what you want to achieve.

Invest in some motivational books, CDs and DVDs from powerful speakers and immerse yourself in them often. Since much of the information we absorb subconsciously is visual and auditory, you'll find yourself feeling more empowered and motivated automatically. Get some books and audio seminars from greats like Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins, Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, Brian Tracy, or Jack Canfield. You can also search online for your role models - you may be able to find some free videos, audios, and e-books.

The greatest thing about these simple steps is that they require only a little time and effort - and the returns are MASSIVE. You'll begin to see and feel an inner shift happening, and then your outer life starts to shift in more positive ways too.