Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vijigermany

Make it a habit to 'feel good'

Discussions on "Make it a habit to 'feel good'" in "Psychological Problems" forum.

vijigermany is offline Supreme Ruler's of Penmai

All of us want to feel good. And that goes for everything...and when I say feel good I don't mean 'look good'. Looking good sometimes is not in your hands, but feeling good is always in your hands because it's a mental state, something that happens from within you and if you decide to, totally only in your control.

So how does one feel good? Or make it a habit to feel good? "There some very basic habits that one needs to inculcate to make oneself 'feel good' on a permanent basis," says counsellor, Deepa Shah. "It's important that you are motivated to have spirit of goodness in your thoughts and action for that."

Habits to cultivate:

1. Start your day with a good deed: It could be anything. Call someone who's unwell to ask how they are and tell them 'take care'. Send a mail to a long lost friend whom you have been ignoring. Feed stray dogs. Call an old uncle/aunt and tell them you thought of them. All these tasks will make the other person happy and in return make you feel good.

2. Spend time with god: Even if you are an atheist, you can still connect with the power that you believe in before you are totally awake and out of the bed. Thank god for the day you are about to begin. And ask him to be with you through the day. And thank him in the night for the day.

3. Keep ego away: Remind yourself that life at large is a bigger entity than yourself and you are just a part of the bigger picture.

4. Take pleasure in small things of life: Tell yourself to be happy with small things like a smile from your daughter or sweetheart or spouse; a thank you from your boss; whiff of the first bloom of the season; a full moon night; even reaching early to office thanks to good traffic situation! Minute you decided to be happy with silly and small things, your feel good quotient goes up.

5. Talk to yourself: Be in tune with your mind and body. Tell yourself every morning loudly that you are a happy person.

6. Love deeply: Love is a great healer. Love releases 'feel good' hormones as well. So love yourself and others around you minus any expectation and you will feel happy.