Stress releasing Foods
Discussions on "Stress releasing Foods" in "Psychological Problems" forum.
18th Nov 2011, 04:47 PM #1
Stress releasing Foods
- Blueberries: are extremely high in vitamin C and high in fiber. Vitamin C is important to helping our body reduce tension, while fiber helps to regulate our blood sugar levels. Drastic changes in our blood sugar can cause us to have mood swings, which may contribute to anxiety.
- Dark Green Vegetables: Spinach, kale, broccoli, kale and other dark green vegetables are great stress reducing foods. They are packed with vitamins that nourish our bodies. They are also high in potassium, which is especially good for calming our nerves. L which not only controls blood sugar but aids in digestion.
- Oranges: When we are stressed, our immune systems can suffer. The Vitamin C found in oranges helps to reduce tension and stabilize blood pressure, but also helps to boost our immune system, which can suffer under stressful situations.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite stress reducing foods. They satisfy those of us who crave carbohydrates, They are rich with beta-carotene and other vitamins, and again, the fiber helps your body process the sugar and carbs more slowly.
- Fish: Those diets that are high in omega-3 essential fatty acids protect against heart disease, keep the stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline from peaking.
- Skimmed milk: As a result of its protein, skim-milk helps stabilize blood sugar. To reduce tension, combine, a sweetener and some frozen blueberries in the blender for a healthy pick-me-up that is super good for you, and an excellent alternative to ice cream!
- Turkey: Have you ever felt super relaxed after a big Turkey dinner at Thanksgiving? There's reason for that: Turkey contains an amino acid called L-Tryptophan, which releases serotonin - a feel-good chemical - into our systems. L-Tryptophan has been proven to provide a calming and relaxing effect.
- Apricots: They are rich in magnesium, Vitamin C and fiber. Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxant, which can help reduce tension in our muscles.
- Almonds, Pistachios and Walnuts: are great stress reducing foods. Almonds, specifically, are loaded with both Vitamins B and E - known to boost your immune system, and walnuts and pistachios help reduce tension and lower blood pressure.
- Avocados: Avocados provide a healthful dose of monounsaturated fat and potassium, which help reduce tension and lower blood pressure. Avocados have more than potassium than bananas!
Similar Threads:In reality there is only Now. If you know how to handle this moment you know how to handle the whole eternity-Jaggi vasudev .
29th May 2015, 08:01 AM #2
Re: Stress releasing Foods
Thanks for the share