Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By gauri
  • 4 Post By suganthiramesh
  • 4 Post By sumathisrini
  • 1 Post By mahis

my daughter is weak in maths

Discussions on "my daughter is weak in maths" in "Schooler" forum.

gauri is offline Newbie

my daughter is weak in maths

my daughter is studying in 8th standard. she is good in all subjects but weak in maths, how can i make her to do maths well. Do i need to send her to any tuition center or Abacus classes. please reply me her academic talent is dropping due to her weakness in maths.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    sumathisrini and mahis like this.

suganthiramesh is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: my daughter is weak in maths

dear mam....

nearly 90% of the school going children have this fear of maths....the reason behind this is fun is not added while teaching or learning maths....at schools, they make it as a formula memorisation and are expecting instant results....at home parents are in a hurry to make the children finish their homework...we are bothered only when we see the marks....okay....first check whether basics are good...otherwise use the holidays and leisure time to teach the basics not as a matter of teaching but as a fun game...

simple b/w worksheets will make them feel bored....see whether you can get any maths books with colored picturisations and ask your children to use it at their playtime...to get out of this fear learning maths should be a fun and play....there are so many websites available for learning maths with fun....your children may like to play online games..... similarly provoke them to do online maths...

but for the immediate result tutions are better....

but how long will your child depend on the tutions....pls think about it..

with regards...

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Hi Gauri,

Some students are week in science, some are week in Tamil like wise your daughter is week in Maths. It can be rectified by giving proper training and practice. If you or your husband knew maths, you can teach her.

First start with basics. Teach her 6th and 7th maths also and ask her to solve some problems and if she is doing well appreciate her immediately. Then take the illustrations and examples from her present standard and explain them through proper steps. After that ask her to solve problems from Exercise. Watch her solving method. Like this regularly give some training and practice.

Further, join her Math Buddy Online - K-8 math concepts interactive activities online worksheets assessment after school home school

This is an on line forum. She can join privately or through school also. She will get interested in maths by joining this forum. She can know more things about maths in this site.

All the very best for your daughter....!

mahis is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Maheesa

Quote Originally Posted by gauri View Post
    my daughter is studying in 8th standard. she is good in all subjects but weak in maths, how can i make her to do maths well. Do i need to send her to any tuition center or Abacus classes. please reply me her academic talent is dropping due to her weakness in maths.
    Shhhhhhh Gauri itha ava kathula kekra mathiri sollidathinga
    intha maths iruke ithu naluvura meen mathiriyana subject but pidika mudiyathunu kidaiyathupa first tym try panrappa konjam asaaltah irunthudravangalta athu naluvuma udane acho nan maths la weak day nu nenachudrathu
    athu epdi maths la manusan weak ah iruka mudiyum solunga
    yenna maths is nothing but a practice samachu samachu ippalam nama one hourla satham poriyal kulambu varuvalnu tymmanage pani mudichudromla jus like that

so first, maths weak sollathinga fundamental ah irunthu konjam konjam practice kudunga
    ava claswrk home wrkalam ippothaiku pakama jus basics puriya vainga
    apram parunga unga ponnu ungaluku kathu kuduppa
    atha vittu tution centr abacus lam avala kasta paduthidum pa ipaye avala tight pannidathinga
    ethayum coolah senja quikah result kidaikumam nans solalaipa nama periyavanga sollirkanga
    All the best dear

Parasakthi likes this.
    MAHI

Love For All Hatred For None

நேசமே சுவாசமாய்...