• 5 Post By GayathriArun
  • 5 Post By sumitra
  • 4 Post By jv_66
  • 3 Post By sumathisrini
  • 4 Post By Parasakthi
  • 3 Post By GayathriArun
  • 2 Post By vaishnav

my daughter not giving respect to elders

Discussions on "my daughter not giving respect to elders" in "Schooler" forum.

mohanasri is offline Newbie

my daughter not giving respect to elders

friends my daughter is doing her 4th standard, my problem is she not giving respect to elders. she justs uses.. vaaa pooo.. not vanga ponga.. i advised her many times, but she used to talk like this only. how can i change her character?

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links

GayathriArun is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Gayathri ArunPrakash

Re: my daughter not giving respect to elders

Hi Mohana,
    My son is also in 4th grade. Children of this age 9 to 10 are considered grownup kids. I agree that they are tough to handle.

They are also matured and can understand us well but the thing is we have to make them understand. You cannot command or order them to respect others. You have to come down to her level, pamper her and try to be very friendly. As per my experience be a friend most of the time and be a mother only when required, this trick works well.

Bed time is a perfect time to have a good converstion. Spend atleast 10 minutes to talk with her everynight in the bed. Discuss with her about her school, teachers, friends, laugh to her jokes (though its not funny) and the most important thing is appreciate her. Parents physical touch will make them more comfortable so hug her, kiss her and make her nap on your lap whenever you get a chance. When you listen to your child she will also listen to you.

Explain her the pros and cons of respecting and disrespecting elders. Ask her the reason that why she is not respecting others, whatever reason she says listen carefully and give her good advise in a way that she is able to accept it. Finally list out her good qualities one by one, tell her that she has all sorts of good manners and explain her that how the society will take it wrong and will create a bad impression on her for a simple reason that she doesnot respect others.

According to me a mother can mould a child into any shape. You can change her, wish you good luck.

Gayathri ArunPrakash

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Dear mohanasri, I understand your problem. She is learning everything from her surroundings. How you call everybody around you, how you call your husband infront of her all depends and directly reflects on her. Children can not be blamed fully for this behaviour. Hence As suggested by sister GayatriArun follow the suggestions and you will have better results. Allot sometime especially to talk, discuss and exchange of light moments with your child then slowly come to the point. all the best.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Yes Mohana.......Both Gayathri and Sumitra have suggested in a proper way.

Follow that and you may find good results with your daughter.

Jayanthy

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Quote Originally Posted by GayathriArun View Post
    Hi Mohana,
    My son is also in 4th grade. Children of this age 9 to 10 are considered grownup kids. I agree that they are tough to handle.

They are also matured and can understand us well but the thing is we have to make them understand. You cannot command or order them to respect others. You have to come down to her level, pamper her and try to be very friendly. As per my experience be a friend most of the time and be a mother only when required, this trick works well.

Bed time is a perfect time to have a good converstion. Spend atleast 10 minutes to talk with her everynight in the bed. Discuss with her about her school, teachers, friends, laugh to her jokes (though its not funny) and the most important thing is appreciate her. Parents physical touch will make them more comfortable so hug her, kiss her and make her nap on your lap whenever you get a chance. When you listen to your child she will also listen to you.

Explain her the pros and cons of respecting and disrespecting elders. Ask her the reason that why she is not respecting others, whatever reason she says listen carefully and give her good advise in a way that she is able to accept it. Finally list out her good qualities one by one, tell her that she has all sorts of good manners and explain her that how the society will take it wrong and will create a bad impression on her for a simple reason that she doesnot respect others.

According to me a mother can mould a child into any shape. You can change her, wish you good luck.

Hi Gayathri!

You have shared best tips to handle children. Thanks a lot dear.

Penmai, jv_66 and GayathriArun like this.

Parasakthi is offline Super Moderator Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Parasakthi KS
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GayathriArun View Post
    Hi Mohana,

Hi Gayathiri... You have stated very good points.... Very good counselling. Thanks for your valuable ideas ma.

GayathriArun is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Gayathri ArunPrakash

Dear Sumathisrini, Parasakthi, Sumithra and Jayanthi,

Thanks for the response.

Parasakthi, sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.
    Gayathri ArunPrakash

vaishnav is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Vaishnavi

Hai mohansri,
    Enakku therincha some ideas solren...

First advise ur kid to call them as vanga ponga..Each time when she started to call as va po insit her to call vanga ponga...every time..Do this for every time.....Introduce ur neighbours as lakshmi aunty,seenu uncle..uma akka...in this manner.. then automatically she thought them in these relation ships only..In front of her dont scold ur neighbours eventhough they r not good to u..Tell ur kid that if u give respect to those people,then only their kids will also respect u and call u as akka...
    I hope that these ideas may wrk......

sumathisrini and Hemalakshmi like this.