Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine December! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree65Likes

How to imrove child's memory which helps in education?

Discussions on "How to imrove child's memory which helps in education?" in "Schooler" forum.

L_Vimala is offline Newbie
    Real Name
    L_Vimala

How to imrove child's memory which helps in education?

Hi

My daughter has difficulties in remember facts which were taught in school/class? She is so afraid to speak up and ask questions. Her teacher has mentioned that she is extremely quiet in class. Even when I did a personal coaching to her, at that point of time she can remember. When a similar question is being asked the next day, she claims that she can't remember the soloution which was taught the day before.

Any advise?

Rgds

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    sumathisrini, jv_66 and sumitra like this.
    Singai Vimala

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Re: How to imrove child's memory which helps in education?

Hi Vimala,

You can try the following to improve your daughter.

You can encourage her to ask the doubts or questions in the class. Whenever you teach the same lesson, which was taught in the class, and when you ask her some questions regarding the lesson, encourage her to ask the unknown questions/doubts to her teacher. Initially, you don't clear them to her.

Before going to school, you tell her once, to ask the specific doubt to her teacher.

After coming from the school, enquire her, whether she got cleared about the doubt, you had mentioned before.

She might forget for 2 or 3 times. Please do not scold for this.

Be telling her daily, so that, she will get used to it.

Then, regarding, remembering the lessons, after her coming from the school, enquire about the lessons taken that day.

You can again refresh them for her.

For example, if you finish refreshing the lessons by evening 7, by 8 p.m., you can again ask her some small questions regarding those lessons. This should not be boring for her. You can ask questions, in a playful manner.

Again, you can ask the same questions by 9.30 or 10 p.m., before going to sleep.

You can also tell her, that you are doing this, so that she will remember them well.

And one more thing you can try. ( this is somewhat like ALPHA MIND POWER).

When she starts sleeping, after half an hour or 45 minutes (before going to deep sleep), you can revise those portions (important things) into her ears.
    THIS WILL BE REGISTERED IN HER SUB-CONSCIOUS MIND, and will never get erased.

Moderator Note:

This Article has been published in
    Penmai eMagazine Jul 2013. You Can download & Read the magazines HERE.

Last edited by gkarti; 13th Jul 2014 at 09:51 PM.
    Jayanthy

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Dear Vimala, There are several techniques that you could teach your kids so that they could improve their memory while still young. One of these techniques is what we call the "visualization and association." This method is used by plenty of people who want to improve their ability to memorize. This is not a new technique or brain upgrade; it's just a method of how to memorize things in a much more efficient manner. For example, instead of memorizing the word "light saber" you visualize the image of the light saber itself. It is much easier for your brain to store and recall "images" or "visual information" than verbal and written word. Images are concrete when they enter your head. That explains why you recall images more than you recall words. You might recall the image of the house and the street more than the name of the street itself. In my case, I remember faces much more than names.

But after doing this technique, I realized that my ability to memorize things became much better. I suddenly became efficient in memorizing things just by doing the method. It's not an instant success but with constant proper usage of my brain, I became a much better person.

So if you want your kids to have a bright future, give them the right tools and you could start by enhancing the way they use their brain and you can be sure that they would be better citizens in the future.

Moderator Note:

Last edited by gkarti; 13th Jul 2014 at 09:52 PM.
    nimi, jv_66, L_Vimala and 1 others like this.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

The brain requires adequate energy to function well and this can be provided with good nourishment through good food intake and regular physical activity. When your child is involved in strenuous mental activities such as exam preparations, planning for extra curricular activities, then your child will require extra energy.
    Along with regular intake of healthy food, there are a few main foods which you need to include which will provide minerals such as zinc, lecithin, manganese, omega 3 fatty acids and Vitamins such as Vitamin E.
    Good sources of these nutrients are whole wheat products, brown rice, oats, soya beans and legumes, eggs, milk, curds, cheese(yes it is safe to give cheese as a snack), nuts, unrefined vegetable oils. Flax seeds and fish too are good sources of omega 3 fatty acids.
    Besides these nutrients, adequate sleep and exercise is required. Exercise helps in stimulating fresh oxygen to the brain and sleep helps to relax and unwind the brain.
    Involve your child in brain racking activities such as chess and also make your child do puzzles, crosswords and memory games.

Moderator Note:

Last edited by gkarti; 13th Jul 2014 at 09:53 PM.
    nimi, sumathisrini, jv_66 and 2 others like this.

jash is offline Penman of Penmai
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    saradheya

hi vimala
    u didnt mention which class ur daughter is? if c is in lower class ask her what happened in the class if c says abt happenings in class u can come to know c doesnt listen the cls what the teacher teach? so first of all find out what is d problem in ur child ie distraction r forgetting r t way of tchng is not upto her.
    sometimes the child may b distracted and to hide this from parents and tchr they may say simply 4getten. first analyse the pbm with the child.
    if she doesnt remember the answers train her to study the answers with important keyword. and first make her to study the small qn and ans then slowly increase the level.
    if she succeed in scoring centum in fillups and in onemark qns, she will get a positive attitude as we can also score more and more.u should appreciate her for each marks and make her to study maths in early morning so that her brain could grasp things.
    make a habit of telling a slogas(may b guru slogas r anuman slogas) in early mrng and before studying so that she will get a positive attitude.

Moderator Note:

Last edited by gkarti; 13th Jul 2014 at 09:55 PM.

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Dear Vimala!

Intake of Vallarai Keerai, Badham nut, ladies finger, potato & tomato will increase the memory power of your child.

And check the below links... articles shared in that links will be helpful to you.

http://www.penmai.com/forums/parents...html#post11957

Food's that helps brain development of children - குழந்தைகளின் மூளை வளர்ச்சிக்கு &

Moderator Note:

Last edited by gkarti; 13th Jul 2014 at 09:58 PM.
    nimi, jv_66, sumitra and 3 others like this.

Real Name
    L_Vimala

Thanks for your valuable advice.

Rgds

jv_66 and sumitra like this.
    Singai Vimala

Real Name
    L_Vimala

Hi Jash

My daughter is in the lower class - In Singapore Primary one is registered at the age of 7 and usually, the class in Singapore starts at 8 am. Which means they got to get ready to school by 7 am as they are taking school bus. I usually ask her on daily basis on what's happening at school and she don't tell much about her class activities. The only thing she updates me is about her homework. If I guide her closely, she's getting good mark and If I slacken in my coaching, that's where she comes back with low marks. I always appreciate her for the marks which received (even though it's an average score). I can try the slogas on her. Do you have any short sloga to follow? Thanks for your valuable advice.

Rgds

sumitra and Vibha like this.
    Singai Vimala

Real Name
    L_Vimala

Hi Suma

How does this Vallarai Keerai looks like? And how to cook this keerai? Thanks for the article which you've shared with me. Greatly apprecaited.

sumathisrini, sumitra and Vibha like this.
    Singai Vimala

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L_Vimala View Post
    Hi Suma

How does this Vallarai Keerai looks like? And how to cook this keerai? Thanks for the article which you've shared with me. Greatly apprecaited.
    Dear Vimala, I will give you Vallarai Keerai thogaiyal.

Vallarai is known as Pennywort and comes under edible greens. It plays a vital role in Ayurveda medicine. It is believed to improve memory power by re-vitalizing brain and nervous system. It is also believed to delay aging process. In south Indian homes though Vallarai Keerai tastes little different, it is occasionally cooked considering the health benefits. It is also available as vallarai juice, candies in shops. Here I have prepared Vallarai Keerai Thuvayal using these leaves.
    Ingredients

• Vallarai leaves – 2 cup (loosely packed)
    • Split black gram – handful
    • Red chilli – 2 no
    • Grated coconut – 1 table spoon
    • Ginger – 1 inch long piece
    • Tamarind – marble size
    • Asafetida – pinch
    • Salt – as per taste
    • Oil – tea spoon

Method

• Wash vallarai leaves; heat a pan with oil; add red chilli, split black gram, asafoetida powder and fry; when the gram is red, add cut ginger, tamarind and fry for few seconds.Then add vallarai leaves and fry for few seconds.Then add coconut and fry for a second; remove and allow it to cool.Grind to a coarse paste with salt; adjust consistency as per your requirement.Tasty Vallarai Keerai Thuvayal is ready.