Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine December! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree190Likes

How do you help your Kid to prepare for the Exams?

Discussions on "How do you help your Kid to prepare for the Exams?" in "Schooler" forum.

kvsuresh is offline Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    KothaiSuresh

Re: How do you help your Kid to prepare for the Exams?

Hi jayanthi,
    nice thread and also very useful to young mothers, unnoda yosanaigal eppovume romba nanna irukkum and always very accepatable too. keep rocking.

Sponsored Links
    jv_66 and naliniselva like this.

KOTHAISURESH

naliniselva is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Nalini
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jv_66 View Post
    தேங்க்ஸ் நளினி .

ஆமாடா .....இந்தியாவைத் தவிர , ஸ்கூல் லெவல் education வேற எங்கயும் இவ்ளோ கஷ்டம் கிடையாது . அதனாலதான் , நம்ம பசங்க ரொம்ப ப்ரில்லியன்ட் ஆக இருக்காங்க .

நீ செய்றது ரொம்ப கரெக்ட் . டேபிள்ஸ் கண்டிப்பா தெரியணும். இப்போவே சொல்லிக் கொடுத்தாதான் நல்லா மனசுல பதியும் .

அதே போல , முடிஞ்சா , இந்த 1/2 table, 1/4 table, centimetre, millimeter இந்த டேபிள்ஸ் எல்லாம் கூட சொல்லிக் கொடு . ஆயுசுக்கும் மறக்கவே மறக்காது .
    wow...super jeya ka....ippadi solla aal illa....kandippa seiren...
    thanks ka

anbupurush and jv_66 like this.

நளினி

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by kvsuresh View Post
    Hi jayanthi,
    nice thread and also very useful to young mothers, unnoda yosanaigal eppovume romba nanna irukkum and always very accepatable too. keep rocking.

Thanks Kothai , for your compliments.

Neeyum, unnoda pasangalaku, vera edhavadhu tips follow panni irundha, adhaiyum sollu. Niraya moms ku use aagume.

kvsuresh and durgasakthi like this.
    Jayanthy

Real Name
    KothaiSuresh

yes jay, naan eppovume avala padinu force pannave matten,tenth varaikkum en ponnu payan rendu perukkume naan than solli kuduthen, plus 2 le en ponnu commerce group eduthatale accountancykku mattum tution pona medhi edhavadhu doubt irundha appa kitta kettuppa, avangalukku exams irukkarache naanum muzichindu irppen, koodave illatiyum thalli ukkarndhundu books padichindu iruppen. adhe pole oreadiya padichinde irukka allow panna matten. mukkiyamana points ezhudhi pakka soluven, ezhidhina manasule nanna padhiyum. adhe pole thookkam vandha udane thoonga poidanum moonji alambindu vandhu padikkaradhellam no. enna thoongi ezhundha moolai fresha velai seyum stresss irukkadhu, idhu ennoda anubavadhil kandathu, pasangala force pannave koodadhu, avala virumbi padikkara soozala erpaduthanum. combinmed studyna kooda naan ok soliduven anna en kann parvaile than pasanga iruppa.

ramyaraj, jv_66 and durgasakthi like this.

KOTHAISURESH

Real Name
    KothaiSuresh

jay sonadhu pole tables soli kudukkaradhu koodave kutti kutti nedhi kadhaigal pole solli kudukkalam, adhe pole china china slogams, ippo chinna vayasule manasule padhinjitta eppovume marakkadhu.

jv_66 likes this.

KOTHAISURESH

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by kvsuresh View Post
    yes jay, naan eppovume avala padinu force pannave matten,tenth varaikkum en ponnu payan rendu perukkume naan than solli kuduthen, plus 2 le en ponnu commerce group eduthatale accountancykku mattum tution pona medhi edhavadhu doubt irundha appa kitta kettuppa, avangalukku exams irukkarache naanum muzichindu irppen, koodave illatiyum thalli ukkarndhundu books padichindu iruppen. adhe pole oreadiya padichinde irukka allow panna matten. mukkiyamana points ezhudhi pakka soluven, ezhidhina manasule nanna padhiyum. adhe pole thookkam vandha udane thoonga poidanum moonji alambindu vandhu padikkaradhellam no. enna thoongi ezhundha moolai fresha velai seyum stresss irukkadhu, idhu ennoda anubavadhil kandathu, pasangala force pannave koodadhu, avala virumbi padikkara soozala erpaduthanum. combinmed studyna kooda naan ok soliduven anna en kann parvaile than pasanga iruppa.

Romba thanks Kothai.

Romba nalla useful tips koduthu iruke pa. niraya peruku useful la irukum.

kvsuresh likes this.
    Jayanthy

gkarti is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Karthiga

Hii Hii..

Naanum Vanthuvitten.. I'm giving some(My Mom's) tips to help your child tackle Exam related Stress...

1. Bring about a change in the attitude is one of the best ways to Prepare for any Exam. Kids should develop a positive thinking on exams instead of feeling it as a punishment.
    Keep on reminding that it is just a test & recollecting successes and think that success can be achieved by hard work.
    Develop Self-confidence and avoid over Confidence.

2.Do not compare one child with another. Each child is special with their abilities & inabilities. Comparing with others make them feel Inferior..

If your child is not competitive or he/She is not much assertive, do not take it as his fault. He may have other qualities. Try to bring those qualities to light.

Help him/her in his activities, home work, projects etc. DO not need to do the whole project , but guide him/her with easy tricks to do things faster. This Makes him feel that U will always care for them..

3. Help him/Her sort out important points for exam. And help while he/She is trying to Memorize points.

(Another point My Mom insisted on was "Writing down" what we studied,, so after every chapter / topic, We would shut the book / notes and write on a small slate with chalk - yes, We used it right till our Univ exams ! It really works, believe me, as writing was a kind of revision. Now-a-days, you get small blackboards that can be hung on the wall or put on a table - encourage him/her to use it.)

4. Ask him/her to take a stroll. Or encourage to play some outdoor games for half a hour.

5. Parents should not discuss each and every question just after the exam. This will reduce their confidence only. Instead let him relax of for sometime, so that they can prepare for the next paper.

6. Let him feel that there are much to do in life other than Exams.

I Personally Consider that Cutting off the Cable TV connection is only a temporary decision... Because if you make such actions on children they will think of those abandoned things while studying which will diffuse their concentration..Then Kid may start to hate the exams and it will make their negative view about exams, which will reduce their score in future exams also... So it is better to make them understand the situation and they will reduce their time with TV on their own. So let them take action...!!

-To be Continued.....

Will be Back with My Points soon

jv_66 and durgasakthi like this.

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by gkarti View Post
    Hii Hii..

Naanum Vanthuvitten.. I'm giving some(My Mom's) tips to help your child tackle Exam related Stress...

1. Bring about a change in the attitude is one of the best ways to Prepare for any Exam. Kids should develop a positive thinking on exams instead of feeling it as a punishment.
    Keep on reminding that it is just a test & recollecting successes and think that success can be achieved by hard work.
    Develop Self-confidence and avoid over Confidence.

2.Do not compare one child with another. Each child is special with their abilities & inabilities. Comparing with others make them feel Inferior..

If your child is not competitive or he/She is not much assertive, do not take it as his fault. He may have other qualities. Try to bring those qualities to light.

Help him/her in his activities, home work, projects etc. DO not need to do the whole project , but guide him/her with easy tricks to do things faster. This Makes him feel that U will always care for them..

3. Help him/Her sort out important points for exam. And help while he/She is trying to Memorize points.

(Another point My Mom insisted on was "Writing down" what we studied,, so after every chapter / topic, We would shut the book / notes and write on a small slate with chalk - yes, We used it right till our Univ exams ! It really works, believe me, as writing was a kind of revision. Now-a-days, you get small blackboards that can be hung on the wall or put on a table - encourage him/her to use it.)

4. Ask him/her to take a stroll. Or encourage to play some outdoor games for half a hour.

5. Parents should not discuss each and every question just after the exam. This will reduce their confidence only. Instead let him relax of for sometime, so that they can prepare for the next paper.

6. Let him feel that there are much to do in life other than Exams.

I Personally Consider that Cutting off the Cable TV connection is only a temporary decision... Because if you make such actions on children they will think of those abandoned things while studying which will diffuse their concentration..Then Kid may start to hate the exams and it will make their negative view about exams, which will reduce their score in future exams also... So it is better to make them understand the situation and they will reduce their time with TV on their own. So let them take action...!!

-To be Continued.....

Will be Back with My Points soon

Thanks for the Superb tips Karthi.

Will be really helpful for the moms.

"Writing down"

Yes, Karthi....I forgot to tell about this. My husband insisted this to my son, and he also did the same, and still continuing.

Even I gave him a hanging Black board or old dairies to write down.

Then, regarding the Cable connection, I have never cut it.

In fact, I insisted him to see any Cartoon channels or sports channels (which he likes most) just for a break. It helped him a lot.

The main thing is, I will not watch the TV, since I thought that it might distract him from studies.

Waiting for your few more tips.

durgasakthi and gkarti like this.
    Jayanthy

Nidhe is offline Newbie

Useful tips thanks

jv_66 likes this.

anbupurush is offline Friends's of Penmai

hi,
    Can I share my experience with my kid in this thread?

She was a slow learner and she couldn't write, properly, upto 5th std but now she is in 7th std, there is a lot of difference in her studies. though she is not the topper but she manages very well.

As this thread is for exam tips, I do not know whether I can share it or not, but it will definitely help the parents who are having the kids with same problem.

jv_66 and gkarti like this.