Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree102Likes

How to Tackle the Siblings' fighting in Children?

Discussions on "How to Tackle the Siblings' fighting in Children?" in "Siblings and Other Relations" forum.

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Re: How to Tackle the Siblings' fighting in Children?

Very good & useful thread Jayanthy. Very nice sharing Rudhra & Karthi, and will be very useful to every mom.

Sponsored Links
    Parasakthi, jv_66, Rudhraa and 2 others like this.

sudhavaidhi is offline Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sudha

Quote Originally Posted by gkarti View Post
    //nalla "ஆக்கபூர்வமா " velai koduppangale.....adhe maadhiri, niraya tips kidaikume nu dhaan///

Ha ha ha.. Ithu thaan Nalla "Tactics" Aunty

Evalo Kutties en Post ah Paranthuttu, namma Amma kku idea Kodutha Pisasu iva thaan nnu Moththa Porangalo, theriyalai..!

Kaarthi Karthi .....pavam da neeee..... ha ha ha ha ha...

Real Name
    Sudha

Quote Originally Posted by jv_66 View Post
    Hi Friends,

Let us discuss here , about
    how to tackle the sibling's fight among our children.

Moms who already have 2 or more children can share their tips and experiences, as how they tackle these situations.

This will be very much helpful, for others to understand the methods and they could implement with their children.

Members who have only one child or unmarried members can also share the tactics, which
    their parents followed to tackle the fighting of the siblings.
    good to notice this thread........nice one Jayanthy.

Parasakthi, jv_66, Rudhraa and 1 others like this.

Real Name
    Sudha

Quote Originally Posted by Rudhraa View Post
    Hi jayanthy, much needed threads for parents to handle siblings fights..

Rivalry and jealous are quite normal part of kids life, but its our responsibility to help our kids to manage the feelings. Here are some of my points,

• Should not compare kids with their younger or elder.
    • Have to give lots of individual attention equally.
    • Have to help them by teaching teamwork and its success.
    • For whatever the matter, kids should not be punished physically (like scolding, beating)
    • Have to maintain equality at all times between the kids without considering the gender.

Last but not least, have to take this as a great opportunity to teach them relationship skills and which is much needed throughout their life.
    Ithule most of the points I am following Rudhraa... what u r saying is 100% true...

Real Name
    Sudha

GM Aunty!

Now its Our turn!

As far as sibling fighting is concerned, it is best to be proactive and nip the problem in the bud instead of waiting to resolve it when it becomes a sore issue. When children grow a little, the competition also raise among them in order to get or achieve several targets. If it was not fulfilled by their parents or any one of them is highly prioritized, then the rivalry thoughts intuit in their minds. Here are My (Mom) tips which can be implemented to control these issues.

Try to encourage more to your children, instead of praising or criticizing them.
    Don't scold your children, when they're fighting or arguing on any topic. Try to listen and bend yourself calmly by asking the reason of their conflict.
    Kids have different their own aspects and interests.. don't compare one's cleverness with another's inanity. As a parent you should know the inner talent of your children and encourage them to do that in a better way.
    Try to love more, listen more and guide more; instead hating, avoiding and meandering.
    Teach your elder child how to take care, love and guide their younger ones. And teach your younger kids how to respect, follow and listen to the elders.

Enaku therinju Amma ipadi Sonnathe illai, "Oh ,look the drinks her milk faster than you , or He sleeps and does not disturb Amma like you do" Coz that leaving the order child in the case of someone who does not make her feel protected, etc, can trigger off jealousy towards the other and later develop into rivalry la..

Also, Amma avoided some situations that promote guilt in siblings. For example, if I had accidentally (Purpose ah nna Dandanakka than)hunt My brother or broken a toy, She never made us feel guilty. Instead, gently explained the damage it could have done and how We must avoid such an action in future.

Another must, while resolving fights, ithuvarai think panninathe illai ithu waste of time on figuring out which one is to blame. Athe pola punishing just one child will mark things worse na, So rendu perukkume Adichathukku, Odaichathukku Punishment.. Mopping, Water tank Cleaning, Kitchen la basic Work varum.. First Kastama irukkum, appuram naanga adichuttu, amma sollamale Work panna start panniduvom!

One more tip - Listen to both versions of the story, try not to take sides and instead, encourage the children to work out their differences.

As I said earlier,
    He will always pick Me up
    When I take a fall
    And he's good at showing Me
    How to catch a ball
    He always tells these funny jokes
    And does a crazy dance
    Hey, wait!
    He sounds like a pretty nice guy...
    Let's give him one more chance

My brother's not for sale..
    Not for any Price..

Ha ha ha.. Yeah, Nanga Best Friends eppovum! Sincerest Thanks to My Parents.
    Good Karthi.........My heartiest thanks to your Parent....

Parasakthi, jv_66, gkarti and 2 others like this.

Bhavani Senthil is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Bhavani

GM Aunty!

Now its Our turn!

As far as sibling fighting is concerned, it is best to be proactive and nip the problem in the bud instead of waiting to resolve it when it becomes a sore issue. When children grow a little, the competition also raise among them in order to get or achieve several targets. If it was not fulfilled by their parents or any one of them is highly prioritized, then the rivalry thoughts intuit in their minds. Here are My (Mom) tips which can be implemented to control these issues.

Try to encourage more to your children, instead of praising or criticizing them.
    Don't scold your children, when they're fighting or arguing on any topic. Try to listen and bend yourself calmly by asking the reason of their conflict.
    Kids have different their own aspects and interests.. don't compare one's cleverness with another's inanity. As a parent you should know the inner talent of your children and encourage them to do that in a better way.
    Try to love more, listen more and guide more; instead hating, avoiding and meandering.
    Teach your elder child how to take care, love and guide their younger ones. And teach your younger kids how to respect, follow and listen to the elders.

Enaku therinju Amma ipadi Sonnathe illai, "Oh ,look the drinks her milk faster than you , or He sleeps and does not disturb Amma like you do" Coz that leaving the order child in the case of someone who does not make her feel protected, etc, can trigger off jealousy towards the other and later develop into rivalry la..

Also, Amma avoided some situations that promote guilt in siblings. For example, if I had accidentally (Purpose ah nna Dandanakka than)hunt My brother or broken a toy, She never made us feel guilty. Instead, gently explained the damage it could have done and how We must avoid such an action in future.

Another must, while resolving fights, ithuvarai think panninathe illai ithu waste of time on figuring out which one is to blame. Athe pola punishing just one child will mark things worse na, So rendu perukkume Adichathukku, Odaichathukku Punishment.. Mopping, Water tank Cleaning, Kitchen la basic Work varum.. First Kastama irukkum, appuram naanga adichuttu, amma sollamale Work panna start panniduvom!

One more tip - Listen to both versions of the story, try not to take sides and instead, encourage the children to work out their differences.

As I said earlier,
    He will always pick Me up
    When I take a fall
    And he's good at showing Me
    How to catch a ball
    He always tells these funny jokes
    And does a crazy dance
    Hey, wait!
    He sounds like a pretty nice guy...
    Let's give him one more chance

My brother's not for sale..
    Not for any Price..

Ha ha ha.. Yeah, Nanga Best Friends eppovum! Sincerest Thanks to My Parents.
    Thanks for the tips Karthi...

Parasakthi, jv_66, gkarti and 2 others like this.
    என்றும் அன்புடன்
    பவானி

ஆசையில்லாத முயற்சியால் பயனில்லை. முயற்சியில்லாத ஆசையால் பயனில்லை.

PriyagauthamH is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Thanks for a nice thread Jaya ka ...........

Rudhra , nalla tips ma......Nanri ..........

Karti , unga amma kittayum enga thanks aa sollidu da.......

Parasakthi, jv_66, Rudhraa and 1 others like this.
    Priya

gkarti is online now Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Karthiga

Pleasure Is Mine Friends

@Priyaa Kaa, Kandippaaga

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

​Thanks friends

Jayanthy

arunuma is offline Friends's of Penmai

Nice tips to be followed by all parents.

jv_66 likes this.