Penmai eMagazine December! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By gkarti
  • 2 Post By deepa bala
  • 2 Post By 578reshmi
  • 1 Post By sumitra

How To Apply Lotion To Your Skin??

Discussions on "How To Apply Lotion To Your Skin??" in "Skin Care" forum.

gkarti is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Karthiga

How To Apply Lotion To Your Skin??

How To Apply Lotion To Your Skin??-483553_476705869046115_26919475_n.jpg

During the harsh winter months, dry skin is an unavoidable issue for many people. There are several ways to prevent or lessen the effects of dry skin, including drinking more water, eating the right foods and bathing in cooler water. However, sometimes all anyone needs is to cover their body with a thick layer of moisturizing lotion. Before slathering lotion on your skin, learn about the different types of lotion and how to apply it correctly.

Step 1

Choose a type of lotion that is best for your skin type. There are several brands on the market, and it’s not always necessary to choose a product intended for extremely dry skin if you don’t suffer from this issue. Once you’ve determined the type of lotion that is best for your skin, head to a local department or drug store and find a fragrance and brand of lotion you’ll enjoy. Test the lotions on your hands and arms before purchasing. Don’t assume you also have to spend a small fortune to find an effective body lotion. Start with a less expensive product and if it’s not effective, move onto products that cost more, as these are generally manufactured from better quality ingredients.

Step 2

The most beneficial time to apply lotion to your skin is after a bath or shower. Once you exit the shower or bath, pat your skin dry with a soft towel instead of rubbing. Once you’re dry, apply the moisturizing body lotion to your skin within two to three minutes to ensure it reaps the most benefits of the product.

Step 3

Start with your legs, as your lower extremities generally have the driest skin. Slather a thick layer of the product on your skin and feet and work your way upward toward your upper body and arms. Allow the lotion to dry for at least two to three minutes before slipping on your clothing.

Step 4

Use a separate lotion to moisturize the skin on your face. Many times, the products use to create body lotions are far too heavy for your face and will clog your pores. These clogged pores can eventually lead to acne blemishes. Apply the moisturizing lotion after you wash your face. Use lukewarm water and a product intended for your skin type and thoroughly wash the skin on your face. Once again, pat the skin on your face dry with a soft towel before applying the moisturizing facial lotion with your fingers. Work the product into your skin using circular motions and allow the moisturizer to dry for at least two to three minutes before applying makeup, if applicable.

Step 5

If you’re applying lotion liberally every day and still suffer from extremely dry skin, it’s time to speak to your doctor. There are several moisturizing lotions that your doctor can recommend to cure your severely dry skin. The dry skin may also have another underlying medical cause, including dehydration, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis or certain thyroid disorders. Your doctor will be able to effectively diagnose and provide treatment options if you discover an underlying medical cause for your dry skin.