Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Sulekha123
  • 2 Post By Yamunan
  • 2 Post By naturalskincare
  • 1 Post By vijivedachalam
  • 1 Post By sarojavijay
  • 2 Post By sumitra

Any solution for dry skin?

Discussions on "Any solution for dry skin?" in "Skin Care" forum.

Sulekha123 is offline Newbie

Any solution for dry skin?

Come winters and the market gets flooded with so many winter creams that you are spoilt for choice. All of them are good brands and something unique to offer. Some offer skin whitening, while some offer hair minimizing; but in their quest for offering something new, they forget their primary job. That is to moisturize the skin and that too well. I bought Parachute Advansed Body lotion; firstly because it's a desi brand and secondly, it's a brand that's been there since ages. And since the time I have started using it, my skin's feeling less dry and itchy. What's more, it glows too. So chuck all those falsely claiming products, stick to basic skincare. What do you say, friends?

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    sumitra and Mals like this.

Yamunan is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Commander's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: Any solution for dry skin?

Hi Sulekha,,

I would suggest few things that I do,,,

1) I use Ponds cold cream for long time and its good,,

2) I use glycerine when i feel so dry,,, It is really good,, You can apply this even the other times as this keeps the skin smooth n moisturised,,, when you apply it looks like water is not wiped properly after wash,, but jus leave it,,, this have good effects,,,

3) Apart from this you can apply butter,,, ,,

Hope these might help you,,,

sumitra and Mals like this.

I have a natural dry skin recipe is there
    Rejuvenating Dy Skin Mask:

A face mask that removes dead skin cells and dry skin contains ľ of an apple, 1 tablespoon oatmeal, one teaspoon honey, and Ĺ teaspoon half-and-half cream. Mash the apple and mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Apply to the face, leave on for ten minutes, and rinse off with warm water, then pat the face dry.

Yamunan and sumitra like this.

vijivedachalam is offline Penman of Penmai
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    vijayalakshmiBala
    Blog Entries

hi sulekha,for dry skin, we have to be very carefull on bath soaps...........use ayurvedic soaps............................ glycerine soaps suits well for dry skin.......... ponds cold cream is the best moisturiser for dry skin.......

regards,
    viji

Last edited by vijivedachalam; 16th Feb 2013 at 03:47 PM.
    sumitra likes this.
    life is so beautiful....

sarojavijay is offline Newbie

Hi sulekha
    1)Coconut oil is one of the simple and effective way to treat dry skin. Apply coconut oil every day this will keep your skin good. 2) Apply banana face pack once in a week. This face pack will do a wonder on your skin.

sumitra likes this.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hi Sulekha, please try home remedies only for better results.

Itchy, dry, flaky skin can be very unpleasant. And with winter setting in, this is one common problem! Those over-the-counter products seldom work, and also leave a hole in your pocket. So what can you do to soothe that cracking skin? Try out our hand-picked home remedies that are sure to take you closer to the smooth skin you desire.

Tips to soothe dry skin:

Oil therapy: Rub on some olive, almond or coconut oil and massage lightly on to your hands, legs and the rest of your body before heading for a shower. If time permits, heat the oil and then apply. Post shower, use a light moisturiser/sunscreen, because winter sun isnít any less harsh.
    Scoop some milk cream: Milk cream makes for a very good moisturiser. Mix a few drops of lime, a tsp. of milk and two tsp. of milk cream and rub onto your hands and legs. Leave it on for a while before you head for a shower. Youíll see the difference immediately.

Curd makes for an excellent skin hydrant, and its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory properties will help soothe your dry, itchy skin. Apply curd just as it is or mix it with some honey and a few drops of lime. Leave it on for at least 10 minutes before you wash it off. It is sure to do wonders for your skin.

Honey helps lock in moisture, has antioxidant and anti-microbial properties, which makes it a sought after ingredient in many over-the-counter skincare products. Why shell out money on those, when you can buy yourself a bottle of honey (which is cheaper) and use it to treat your skin. Lightly heat 2 tsp. of honey any apply it onto your skin (face, hands, legs) while warm. Leave it on for 15 minutes, and then wash it off. Thereís nothing better your skin can ask for.

Aloe Vera: If you donít have an aloe plant at home as yet, then make a trip to the nearest nursery and get one, because aloe is super good for your skin! After bath, slice a piece of aloe, squeeze all the gel out and apply onto your face, hands or legs. It will not only moisturise your skin, it will also form a protective layer that will keep impurities from entering your pores. Although aloe is a good skin hydrant, it can leave your skin feeling tight. So you might want to dab on some moisturiser.
    Go the milky way: Keep aside a 4 tsp. of raw milk before you put it to boil for your morning coffee or tea. Add a few drops of rose water/ lime and rub it all over your body and wash with cold water. Do this twice a day. And your skin will feel baby soft.
    A vitamin-E boost! Make a trip to your chemist and buy some vitamin-E capsules (they donít cost much!). Cut out 2 capsules, squeeze out the oil, mix a few drops of lime juice and apply all over your body. Take a shower and feel the difference.
    Stock up on glycerine: Glycerine helps absorb and retain moisture, so it would be a good idea to buy a bottle from your nearest chemist. Mix a teaspoon of glycerine with a few drops of lime and massage onto your skin. Leave it on for a few minutes before you wash it off.
    A serving of coconut milk? Coconut milk not only reduces skin dryness, but also helps combat dark spots and blemishes. If you have time to spare, make some fresh coconut milk at home or buy one of those packages ones. Rub it onto your face and body, and leave it overnight. Make sure to spread out an old bed-sheet and pillow cover.
    Top tip for dry skin:

Once youíve done either of these treatments a couple times, you must pay attention to exfoliating dead cells. Use a loofah or buy a body scrub that isnít very rough on your skin (apricot or walnut) and scrub your body at least once a week.
    Do not use any exfoliator until your dry skin heals a little, else it gets worse!
    And yes, do drink enough water to keep your skin hydrated.

All the best.thank you

charvi.eswari and Mals like this.

GayathriArun is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Gayathri ArunPrakash

Quote Originally Posted by Sulekha123 View Post
    Come winters and the market gets flooded with so many winter creams that you are spoilt for choice. All of them are good brands and something unique to offer. Some offer skin whitening, while some offer hair minimizing; but in their quest for offering something new, they forget their primary job. That is to moisturize the skin and that too well. I bought Parachute Advansed Body lotion; firstly because it's a desi brand and secondly, it's a brand that's been there since ages. And since the time I have started using it, my skin's feeling less dry and itchy. What's more, it glows too. So chuck all those falsely claiming products, stick to basic skincare. What do you say, friends?
    Yes, i agree wit you but while applying parachute body lotion the moist feels remains in the skin only for 4 or 5 hours.

Gayathri ArunPrakash

sunita1211 is offline Newbie

Using lemon juice and sugar is great for getting rid of those flaky, dried skin on your face and all over your body.
    A. Lemon – A natural source of Vitamin C; an ingredient commonly used to lighten sun and age spots and even out skin tone; A natural astringent that tightens pores and brightens the complexion.

B. Sugar – A natural exfoliator; a natural source of glycolic acid which evens out skin tone, cleans pores, and improves overall skin texture by removing dead, dull skin cells.
    The sugar I use for my face are brown sugar and organic sugar. (Normally, I used the organic.)

Hope this helps!

Mals is offline Guru's of Penmai