Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree823Likes

Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!

Discussions on "Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!" in "Special Contest" forum.

Vidyasurya is offline Newbie

" Paper Magic" Golu 2015

Theme of my Golu this year is Paper! I have reused all the magazine paper, junk mails to make products. All handmade stuff. Hope you all like it....

Here are the pictures... Will add the rest of the pictures in my next post...

Cheers,
    Vidya

Sponsored Links
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-full-view-golu-under-lights.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-handmade-paper-lotus-my-ambal.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-my-ambal-all-dressed-up...-base-kuthu-vilakku-.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-front-decorations.-center-quilled-paper-flower...jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-paper-vases-sides....jpg  

Last edited by jv_66; 23rd Oct 2015 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Formatted the sizes of the images

" Paper Magic" Golu 2015 ---- continues...

Continuing my paper magic posts.. with some more pictures of my golu....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-1st-padi-paper-kalasam.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-2nd-padi-wooden-collections.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-3rd-padi-my-collection-ganesha-.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-4th-padi-butterflies-out-paper...jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-5th-padi-another-paper-bowls-paper-rolls-method.-center-one-abstract-art-work-my-fil.jpg  

Last edited by jv_66; 23rd Oct 2015 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Formatted the sizes of the images

"Paper Magic" Golu 2015.....still continues

Please bear with me... as I have few more pictures to load.....

Thanks once again for the opportunity..

Cheers,
    Vidya

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-6th-padi-smalls-paper-baskets-used-method-weaving.-paper-pomander-hanging-.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-7th-padi-my-variations-chettiars-japanese-hina-dolls-paper.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-side-wall-hanging-....jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-sury-calls-blue-volcano....-made-out-telephone-book.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-tamboolam-bags-kumkum-manjal-boxes.jpg  

Last edited by jv_66; 23rd Oct 2015 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Formatted the sizes of the images

akilaanandan is offline Newbie

Smile Re: Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by Penmai View Post
    Dear friends,

Happy to meet you all with a Divine Contest!

Scintillating Evening; Diligent Nine Steps; Minute Deities from history; Sparkling lights, Kids tossing tantrums to Stay away from Sweets. Navratri is a Pack of Colorful Memories! All nine days during Navratri are dedicated to Nine forms of Goddess Shakti. This is high time, where womankind is celebrated by the Indian people!

Golu season has been Close to us for centuries now. Penmai Presents you the 4th Annual Golu Contest! We all love to showcase your talent by inviting people over.

Share your photographic Golu pictures here that are captured during these nine nights of Navrathri. Navratri Golu Contest 2015 is all yours.

Contest Rules:

1. You have to Post the Pictures of your Golu.
    2. Show your Creativity in Golu arrangement; Originality of the Theme & Traditional Takeaways.
    3. Explain the "Theme" of your Golu.

If there is any special in your GOLU please explain that too.

*Optional : If you'd like to add your Golu videos, Share them also.

To participate in this contest, you have to post the picture of the Golu which you have arranged in your home on or before 30th October. You can also participate on behalf of your friends or neighbors, but don't forget to mention their names.

We're Excited to take a [Virtual]tour to visit your Golu Arrangement. And also Your Golu pictures will be published in the Penmai's eMagazine.

Note:

1. Have to post minimum 3 pictures, Maximum no exception. To know how to add image, pls check here.
    2. Photos quality should be good.
    3. Photos should not be taken from any other websites nor published in other sites. By posting your photos here you are acknowledging that it is your own (or your friends) Golu photo.

Decorate, accessorize your Golu and send warm wishes to your loved ones!

Happy Navarathri!
    Hi.I am Akila.I am posting my golu photos here.

This year theme is Thirupaarkadal and Vaikundam which we can't go in 108 Divya Desam with our Human Body.They both are outside the earthly realms.Only our soul can reach there depending upon the good and sin we do in our life.

Aadhiseshan(snake) is hand made and mandapam is also made with thermacol.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-img_5911.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-img_5918.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-img_5928.jpg  
    Last edited by jv_66; 23rd Oct 2015 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Formatted the size of the images

SAI PREETHI is offline Newbie

Post My mom Lakshmi Gopalakrishnan 's golu on the theme "Saptha Chiranjeevigal"

Namaskaram,
    Please find attached pictures of my Golu. We arrange the golu as per paddhathi with 11 steps accessorized with a thematic presentation, this year we have depicted the "SAPTHA CHIRANJEEVIGAL".
    To depict the theme, we have shown the 7 chiranjeeveegal - Vyasar, Hanuman, Parasuramar, Vibeeshanan, Ashwathaaman, Mahabali, Krupachariyar and the major instance from where they have been blessed to be so, apart from the 7, we have also shown the other chiranjeevigal who are not into this 7 or who have been destroyed by the God - Jaambavan, Maarkandeyan, Ravanan, Hiranyan.
    We adorn our golu with many hand made craft works, bead dolls... We repaint the dolls on our own (by my daughter) to make them look bright and also alter the available dolls according to the years theme.
    (have a look at -
    black porcelain elephant decorated with 3D liner
    bead dolls
    black chart lamp-shade hung from the ceiling
    "Draupathi vasthrabaranam set" fully made by altering and repainting dolls from various other sets.
    Marapaachhi dressing.)

Apart from "paddhathi golu" in the hall, our pooja vigrahangal also take the "golu padi" arrangement with the Kalasam for daily pooja.

With regard to the contest, it is an appreciable effort, kudos to the team. It plays an effective role in encouraging tradition and culture in today's scenario.

I place my warm welcome to everyone in the forum to visit our golu, receive the blessings of Durga along with the thambulam.

Namaste,
    Lakshmi Gopalakrishnan
    (Pallavaram)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-3.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-6.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-13.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-15.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-17.jpg  

Last edited by jv_66; 23rd Oct 2015 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Formatted the size of the images

Re: Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!

UNIQUENESS OF MY GOLU

The five main features of my golu are presented below:

1. TRADITIONAL GOLU:

My golu consists of 9 steps with traditional kalasam on top. The steps are covered with white dhoti. Dolls are placed in a traditional outlook with Dheiva avatars in the higher steps and manusha avatars like Thiruvalluvar,Chettiar Chettichi shop and kalyana set in the lower steps. Kolam is drawn every day in front of the golu and also near the doorstep. Maavilai/thoranam tied near the doorstep.

1. PARK:

As part of my golu, an attractive park has been created with unique foreign toys of various types. It has parking facility and pathways.

1. CRICKET SET AND FARMER SET:

A cricket set with flood-light facility which attracts most of the children is one of the special features of my golu.
    A farmland with land lord inspecting the agricultural activities going on is another attractive feature. The farming work which goes on in the field has been depicted in a step by step manner.

1. UNIQUE DOLLS:

· Narasimhar appearing from inside a pillar
    · Sethu Bandhanam (vaanara padai helping lord Raama in constructing a bridge across the ocean to bring back Goddess Seetha from Lankai)
    · Ayyappan statue with 18 steps made of wood has been decorated by me using sparklers.
    · A ration shop where each pack of food items costs jus 1 re. and 1 kilo of rice costing 1 re.

1. THEMES DEPICTED IN THE LAST FEW YEARS:

· Sholingapuram Narasimhar and Anjaneyar mountains with winch connecting the two mountains
    · Ashta lakshmi kovil theme
    · Lord Krishna and Jesus – a comparison from their birth till resurrection and reincarnation
    · Kailasha malai – vinayagar vs murugar for mango
    · ‘Nava’ theme – navagraham (idols handmade using mseal by myself), navavasthram, navamani, navadhaanyam.
    · Thirupathi perumaal thaayaar theme

The whole house decorated with wall hangings of lord vinayak, lord Krishna and other wall hangings done by me as a creative art.

Year by year my golu has been winning many hearts and has won many prizes in Talk media, Times neighbourhood and covered in Raj Tv golu contest.

Golu theme 2015 : “Dasaavatharamum Saranagathiyum”

The whole theme is my own idea and a result of a good amount of research and creativity.

Sarva Dharmaan Parityajya Mamekam Sharanam Vraja |
    Aham tva sarva papebhyo moksha ishyami ma shuchaha |
    O Arjun, you relinquish all dharmas and surrender unto me. I shall deliver you from all the sins. Grieve not!

1. Matsyam (Fish): All species surrender unto god and He saves life forms to survive after a big flood concluding sathya yuga. Lord appeared and king Manu (as per God’s words) tied the boat to the fish by using the royal serpent Vasuki and the fish took all of them to Mt Himavan and kept them there till the flood was over and in the new era, the king started procreation for the new era.
    2. Koormam (Turtle) : Devas surrender to god to help them get the immortal nectar and save life forms from asuras. Vishnu then asked them to churn the ocean of milk after adding medicines into the ocean. Mt Mandara could be used as the churning stick he said. He requested them to ask them help of Asuras in lifting the mountain in exchange for offer of the share of nectar of immortality that would ensue from the churning.
    3. Varaham (Boar) : Hiranyaksha pushed the world to the Pataal loka, or the under of the sea. He stole the Vedas, the holy scriptures from Lord Brahma, while he was asleep and performed huge atrocities. When devas surrendered to lord Vishnu and seeked help to retrieve the Vedas and to save the world, Lord Vishnu assumed the role of (Avatara) a boar and brought out the earth from the under of the ocean, using his two tusks.
    4. Narasimha (half man-half lion) : Hiranyakasyapa’s son Prahlada, was an ardent devotee of Vishnu. This enraged Hiranyakasyapa very much. He ordered numerous ways to kill Prahlada including asking his sister Holika to sit with Prahlada in the fire. But, every time Prahlada escaped unhurt. Enraged, once he asked Prahlad to show him Lord Vishnu. Prahlad said, "He is everywhere". This further enraged him & Hiranyakasyapa knocked down a pillar. Lord Vishnu then emerged as a half lion, half man from the pillar which was neither inside the house nor outside, and the time was evening, neither night nor day. He then killed Hiranyakasyapa thus saving the life of his devotee Prahlada.
    5. Vamana (short man) : In VAMANA Avatar, Lord Vishnu incarnates himself as a dwarf priest in this world as devas surrendered to god to save from King Bali. Bali, the grandson of Prahlada was a very valorous and mighty asura. Vamana requested Bali for the amount of land that could come under his three feet. Bali gracefully agreed. Lord Vishnu then grew in size and covered the earth and heaven in two stride. And due to lack of space, he put his third leg on Bali himself and crushed Bali to the nether or the Patala loka(underground world), thus helping the devas out.
    6. Parashurama (parashu=axe, Rama=name of God) : Saint Jamadagni was enraged when kartavirya a powerful king, stole kamadhenu. Saint then killed the king and brought Kamadhenu back. On hearing this, the son of the king came back and killed Jamadagni. Parashurama was enraged at this and went and avenged the death of his father by killing all kshatriyas all around the world 21 times to save innocent people.
    7. Sri Ramar : Ramayanam is called as the ‘Saranagathi Sastra’ where saranagathi of Hanumar, Vibhishanar, Sabari and Bharathar are all very well depicted. Throughout all the Ramayana Khandams (chapters) saranagathi is depicted. At some point even the Almighty Ramar surrenders to Lord Varuna & prays to help him cross the ocean to bring back Sita devi.
    8. Bala Ramar : Lord Balaramar remains neutral during Mahabharat because Dhuryodhan surrenders to him as Balarama was his guru. Thus god accepts surrender from ill humans too.
    9. Sri Krishnar : Droupati, Pancha Pandavas, Gopikas and even his flute and sri chakram surrenders to Krishnar. All depicted well in the golu.
    10. Kalki : In KALKI Avatar, Lord Vishnu will incarnate himself as KALKI, who will come riding his white horse and with his blazing sword in his hands. This is supposed to be a future avatar of Lord Vishnu. At the end of Kali Yuga (present eon) He will punish all evil doers in this world, destroy this world, save good people and recreate a golden age again.

Hope you all like the innovation and creativity of my golu.
    Do enjoy the virtual tour of my golu!

Thanking you,
    Sridevi Narendra

Moderator's note: Please do not provide any of your personal contact details in public. It is not allowed here. so, removed it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-img-20151020-wa0000.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-img-20151020-wa0002.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-img-20151020-wa0003.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-img-20151020-wa0005.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-img-20151020-wa0006.jpg  

Last edited by sumathisrini; 25th Oct 2015 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Personal Contact details removed

"Dasavathaaramum Saranagathiyum Theme" Continues!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-img-20151020-wa0013.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-img-20151020-wa0008.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-img-20151020-wa0009.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-img-20151020-wa0010.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-img-20151020-wa0011.jpg  

"Dasavathaaramum Saranagathiyum Theme" Still continues!!

Thanks for the opportunity!
    Its a great contest!
    Thanks again!
    Sridevi Narendra

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-img-20151020-wa0017.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-img-20151020-wa0018.jpg  

Kolu Theme Based on Maha periyava's sapthagam - Jothi Raghuraman, Villivakkam

1. Concept golu on MahaPereeva’s sapthagam – holy life history in seven chapters
      1. Avathara chapter
      2. Vijaya Yatra chapter
      3. Arpudha chapter
      4. Anugraha chapter
      5. Upadesa chapter
      6. Smarana chapter
      7. Sarvagna chapter

2. Goddesss Varalakshmi receiving guests in foyer
    3. Welcome White board gives details about the Concept golu
    4. Live presentation ofstory (Mahapereeva’s sapthagam) by Ms Jothi (pravachanam – for almost 20minutes to every visitor)
    5. Audio recording of Pereeva’ssapthagam walk through
    6. Miniature Adhisthanamof Maha :Pereeva’s manimantap as it stands in Kanchi, Orikkai.

By Jothi Raghuraman. Viliakam Chennnai 600049

Attached Files Attached Files

draish is offline Newbie

Smile Re: Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!

Welcome all ! Take a virtual tour of our 15 steps golu which displays three unique aspects.

1.Krishna Leela - Who doesn't love this adorable prankster ? We have recreated the Brindavan where he was brought to from Mathura to be worshipped and celebrated. Right from his journey across the Yamuna river to his union with his consort Radha, we have displayed an array of dolls.

2.Supreme of Kanchi - Kancheepuram. 3 things strike our mind when we hear that word. Yes, Kanchi pattu (silk sarees); Goddess Shri Kamakshi and the procession of Garuda Seva in Varadaraja temple. A rangoli of Goddess Kamakshi , procession of Garuda Seva in the backdrop of kanchi silk saree is what you will find in our Golu. Mini Kanchi !

3.Tribal civilisation - Lifestyle of the tribals and their local business created with handcrafted dolls and natural looking background.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-enthusiasist.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-kamakshi.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-golu-15-.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2015!-tribals.jpg