Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree673Likes

Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!

Discussions on "Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!" in "Special Contest" forum.

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Re: Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!

Friends,

Pls. drop your comments in the below given link...

Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016! (Comments)

Sponsored Links

sita_satchi is offline Newbie

Re: golu competition

"Yagna priya Yagna karthree Yajamana swaroopini" says the Lalitha Sahasranamam

Devi has arrived in our homes and hearts as JwALA rupini, the goddess in the form of the holy fire in the form of a Srichakram. She resides in all our homes as the humble deepam (house lamp), the gayatri homam, and in our kitchens. This Jwala turned into a young Meenakshi - born to the Pandya King, and as Sati after the Daksha yagam.

Apart from a traditional 11-step Golu, we have showcased the ASHTADASA SHAKTI PEETAM from Adi Shankaracharya's slokam in our garden where 18 pieces of Sati fell and transformed into kshetras - they include

Lankayam Shankari devi, Kamakshi Kanchika pure /
    Pradyumne Shrinkhala devi, Chamunda Krouncha pattane //
    Alampure Jogulamba, Sri shaile Bhramarambika /
    Kolha pure Maha lakshmi, Mahurye Ekaveerika //
    Ujjainyam Maha kali, Peethikayam Puruhutika /
    Odhyane Girija devi, Manikya Daksha vatike //
    Hari kshetre Kama rupi, Prayage Madhaveshwari /
    Jwalayam Vishnavi devi, Gaya Mangalya gourika //
    Varanasyam Vishalakshi, Kashmire tu Saraswati /

Inviting you all home to see Amba with the warmth and briliance of agni.

Namaskaram,
    Smt. Sita Satchidanandan & Smt Jayalakshmi Anand

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-img_20161002_234411.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-img_20161002_234221.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-img_20161002_234035.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-img_20161002_234025.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-img_20161002_233737.jpg  

The specialty of my golu is the size. It is a mini golu which is only 1.75 feet in height and has 5 steps. As we live in an apartment there is no much space for a bigger golu and also storage space is a constraint. The dolls are also only 4 inches in height. The steps are hand made in cardboard.

This year I introduced a new concept called C-Mart for the chettiyar bommai as I couldn't accomodate the Chettiyar & Chettiyar amma in my mini steps. The C-mart is completely handmade. It is a supermarket which has all the products we need in day-to-day life from utensils, food,vegetables, cosmetics to toiletries. All the products in the shelves are handmade by me using polymer clay. I couldn't upload more than 5 pictures but I have closeup pictures of the products which I don't know how to share with you all

On the other side of the golu is the Rasleela setup.The rangoli is made of thick paper(Cardstock) as I have carpet flooring.

Hope you like my golu. Would love to hear your comments. I would like to invite you all for our golu.

Enga aathula golu vechurukom, veethala pakku vangika vango!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-navaratri-mini-golu.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-chettiyar-bommai.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-chettiyar-kadai-golu-setup.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-cmart-chettiyar-kadai.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-krishna-leelai-nandavanam.jpg  

Last edited by gkarti; 7th Oct 2016 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Corrected the Pics!

gkarti is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Karthiga

@Sahana Ajeethan Hahahha.. Share the another Set of Pics in the Next Post, Yaar Awaiting to see those Pics

I couldn't upload more than 5 pictures but I have closeup pictures of the products which I don't know how to share with you all

Angu Aparna and Sriramajayam like this.

sarala santhanakrishnan Golu 2016

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-img_20161003_080540-min.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-img_20161003_080600-min.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-img_20161003_080530-min.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-img_20161003_080516-min.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-img_20160929_231209271-min.jpg  

Last edited by saralasanthanakrishnan; 7th Oct 2016 at 07:38 AM. Reason: golu theme message Our Kolu is a 3+ 5+3- stepped Kolu in which the deities are arranged based on the order of the priorities. The main theme of our Kolu is VILLAGE 'Awareness about agriculture'

venkitesh is offline Newbie

Navratri Golu Contest 2016

Dear Members,
    I am attaching our Golu photos. This is our 7th year Golu.
    1) Our Golu theme is Madurai Temple. In the temple compound we created Aayiram kaal mandapam, Portamarai Kulam ( Lotus pound), Marriage inside the temple and outside designed with road and transport moving.
    2) The birth of kaveri - How kaveri is born. we made a fountain and a small forest.
    3) Himalaya - Dakshinamoorthy
    4) Cricket - Stadium with flood lights
    5) Ayyanar
    6) Kanakadhara theme
    7) Narasimha avatharam - Prahladhar
    8) Dasavatharam
    9) Gopika , krishna
    10) Ganesha various faces
    11) Kuselar, varukai, sevai
    12) Krishna
    13) Kaarthigai pengal
    14) Agriculture / house village
    15) srinivasa Kalyanam
    16) Panchasthalam
    venkatgolu2016

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-20161006_200819.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-20161006_200638.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-20161006_200722.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-20161006_200740.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-20161006_200752.jpg  

Last edited by gkarti; 7th Oct 2016 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Enlarged the Size of Images!

Padmasundari is offline Newbie

Hi - I am not able to find the tool bar..please let me know how I would upload the photos of my golu

gkarti and Sriramajayam like this.

gkarti is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Karthiga

Take a look at this tutorial, Padma!

How to add image to a thread or post?

Quote Originally Posted by Padmasundari View Post
    Hi - I am not able to find the tool bar..please let me know how I would upload the photos of my golu

FRUITY72 is offline Newbie

Onbadhu Dheiveega Iravugal Golu 2016

Dear Editor and Readers of Penmai, Greetings. I am T.A Palani. I would like to participate in Navarathri Golu Contest 2016 on behalf of my wife Mrs. Karpagavalli.

Normally, we did not keep Golu at our Home. We used to celebrate Aayudha Pooja only. Hence, during the Christmas time, I celebrate the Festival with the decorated Crib and Christmas tree. After we moved to our new Home, my wife has started to decorate our Home with Golu during the Navarathri period. Our friends and relatives have visited our Home and very much appreciated my wife’s initiative. Every day she made Pooja and gifted Blouse bits to Ladies and Stationery items to Children.

This year also, she has decorated our Home with Navarathri Golu. This time my wife has arranged the Golu in 5 steps with numerous set of dolls to attract the Visitors. Some of the sets are as follows:-

Parvathy Parameshwaran set
    Lakshmi and Ganapathy with Saraswathi (as always we see in the Picture) set
    Ram with Sita and Lakshman along with Hanuman set
    Murugan with Valli and Deivayanai set
    Asta Lakshmi set
    Thirumal’s Dhasavatharam Set

Specifically she kept Lord Ayyappan with 18 steps set which is very much attracting the Visitors.

Initially, when she arranged the Dolls in the steps, she kept Camantip flowers (சாமந்திப் பூக்கள்) in all the dolls. Friends and relatives who were visited our Home to see the Golu were very much impressed and appreciated my wife for this innovative idea. Every day she do Pooja and provide the gift with offerings (Prasadham) to those who visit our home during this Navarathri period.

In future, we plan to expand the Golu decoration to attract more friends, relatives and neighbors.

I would like to share my wife’s great effort to celebrate this Navarathri Festival with Golu to all of you. Some of the snaps have been uploaded for your kind perusal.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-img-20160930-wa0025.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-img-20160930-wa0041.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-img-20160930-wa0026.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-img-20160930-wa0023.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-img-20160930-wa0022.jpg  

kanakadhaaraa is offline Newbie

Golu Contest - 2016 - from Geetha Nanganallur

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-ir7_0006.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-ir7_0001.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-ir7_0007.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-ir7_0036.jpg   Penmai's Navarathri Golu Contest 2016!-ir7_0038.jpg