Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree415Likes

Special Contest - Navarathri Golu Contest!!!

Discussions on "Special Contest - Navarathri Golu Contest!!!" in "Special Contest" forum.

sowmyaramesh is offline Newbie

Re: Special Contest - Navarathri Golu Contest!!!

First of Kolu is a mixed mood of celebration festival. In the morning payasam and poojas. and in the evening real celebrations SUNDAL, silk saris AND lot of visitors. Kolu is kept for both traditional as well as social gathering festival now a days. In some cases those who cannot meet throughout the year, during Kolu time came to our house and had a nice time. Wishing this wonderful festival to continue in our life forever.
    My mother in law and father in law is staying with us and they are keeping kolu for nearly 52 years. wow. I learnt a lot from my mother in law during this festival time.

I kept kolu in two ways one in a traditional way where we used to do pooja. Second side park, themes,etc which entertain as well as teach social things not only to children but also to the elder people also.

This year MY KOLU THEME was the

(1)hazardous caused by CELL PHONE TOWER because of which we are loosing CHITTU KURUVI.
    Many people accepted it and i insisted young children to put FOOD AND KEEP WATER FOR birds in the upstairs daily, which they agreed to do

(2) SETHU BRIDGE. Which was built by Vanaras and helped Lord Rama to cross the sea 17.50 lacs years ago. (I kept the notice board -NASA agreed that there is a bridge under the sea)

(3) MODERN CHETTIAR SHOP: where you can get from fridge to furniture, from vegetable to watches, from vegetables to light fittings.
    Even if WALL MART comes to our country, THE CARE OF ANNACHI cannot be compensated by any corporate bodies. Many people liked it.

(4) BRINDAVAN AND MOUNTAIN. - Green plants nicely came and it seems that Krishna and Radha dancing on it in a real manner
    Glowing mountain on top of it Lord Venkateswara.
    (5) BROOKLYN BRIDGE OF USA.- Many children enjoyed it very much

Special Contest - Navarathri Golu Contest!!!-dsc05197.jpg

Special Contest - Navarathri Golu Contest!!!-dsc05218.jpg

Special Contest - Navarathri Golu Contest!!!-dsc05151.jpg

Special Contest - Navarathri Golu Contest!!!-dsc05138.jpg

Special Contest - Navarathri Golu Contest!!!-dsc05204.jpg

Sponsored Links
    Last edited by Parasakthi; 25th Oct 2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Formatting Image Size
    Parasakthi likes this.

AUSUMN WORK DONE!!! Uma beautiful and adorable golu!!!! All the best With luv Ramaa.

Aswathikarthick is offline Friends's of Penmai

Quote Originally Posted by Uma J View Post
    This year the theme of our Kolu is Anbe Sivam . We have displayed hand painted pictures of 63 nayanmargal with 3D effect depicting the story associated with each. We also made Jyothir lingam and two of Shiva’s famous temples – Chidambaram and Thiruvannamalai. We have acquired a unique doll of Shiva dancing in between the horns of Nandi depicting Pradosha kala dance with all gods around. We also kept story scenes from Periyapuranam, Thiruvilayadal puranam, Mahabaratham related to Shiva.

Attachment 69835

Attachment 69836

Attachment 69837

Attachment 69838
    Hi Mam... your golu is awesome.. Colourful and attractive golu.. And most importantly your smiling and lovely face adds more attraction to the golu.

Superb!!! Attracitve and colourful

Quote Originally Posted by srivigneshram View Post
    dear all penmai friends ,

Good day . Happy NAVARATHRI 2012

Pl find below photos of my house kolu this year . MY KOLU THEME is revealed Below:-

India is an Land of Glorious Monuments . In Hindu Temples , Chariot Car ( Radham) Festival is an Important event . We proudly presents Traditional 5 steps Kolu with Theme Representing “ GOLDEN CHARIOT CAR FESTIVAL In Combination WITH NUMERICALS Characteristics SERVING in MAN’S LIFE during his existence on earth. In Amusement PARK , we reveal Four types Of its kind – i.e Snow, Mountain , Sea, & Greenery .
    wow,... Room full of decoration... Alagu alagu.. Agal vilakku and its reflection is simply super.

Quote Originally Posted by sgayathri View Post
    Hi ,

This is Gayathri.S Almost 80% of house is used for this kolu apart from 5 padi we have covered village and kid story theme in each room Thiruvanamalai girivalam with Thanga Theru concept is highlighted with animated kolattam dancing dolls .
    Seperate Shops arrangement of Bakery a2b ,Reliance ,MuruganIdli is done with cutedolls collection across globeand also saduragiri malai 18 siddha with muligai is displayed withthe waterfalls

Pl view my kolu photos and I wish you all a very happy navaratri

With Regards
    S.Gayathri

Attachment 69944

Attachment 69941
    Attachment 69945

Attachment 69942

Attachment 69943
    Nice Golu Friend..

Quote Originally Posted by kritikadhiwahar View Post
    Happy Navaratri!

Please find attached photographs of our 2012 Golu.

This year we have two unique themes:

Our Traditional 5 Padi Kolu is based on the Gayatri Mantram’s first phrase: “Om Bhur Bhuvah Suvaha”, wherein the dolls on each padi indicate the meaning of these words: Om: The primeval sound, Bhur: the physical world, Bhuvah: the mental world and Suvah: the celestial, spiritual world.

Our Contemporary Golu was inspired by the recently held Internatinal coastal cleanup day held at Marina Beach on 15th Sept. 2012. The Golu features a handmade (from scratch) cardboard & Plaster of Paris Lighthouse replete with a revolving light, bajji, ice cream and sholam vendors on the beach and all the statues from the Kamarajar to the Bhartiar selai that line up the Marina beach, additionally there is a float depicting “Marine Life on Tour” reminding people that-MY MARINA is MY RESPONSIBILITY.

Happy Navaratri!
    Very nice and cute dolls friend

Quote Originally Posted by sowmyaramesh View Post
    NAVARATHRI : A FESTIVAL A SOCIAL GATHERING AS WELL AS A TRADITIONAL FESTIVAL FOR 9 DAYS. WOW WONDERFUL.winning of positive over negative

THOUGH OUR HOUSE IS SMALL, SOMEHOW WE HAVE ARRANGED DOLLS AND PARKS ALONG WITH THEME TO MAKE IT AN ENJOYABLE ONE FOR OLDER AS WELL AS YOUNGER PEOPLE. COME LET US ENJOY OUR KOLU.

I ENCLOSE PHOTOS WHICH DESCRIBE

TRADITIONAL FIVE STEPS WHERE WE USED TO DO POOJA DAILY

RAMA SETHU BANDHANAM BETWEEN SRILANKA AND INDIA

MAIN THEME : DUE TO CELL PHONE TOWERS WE ARE MISSING CHITTUKURUVI
    BRINDAVAN WHERE LORD KRISHNA DANCES WITH GOPIKAS

THIRUMALA MOUNTAIN

A PARK WHERE CHILDREN ENJOY GAMES

BROOKLYN BRIDGE

MODERN CHETTIAR SHOP WHERE YOU CAN BUY FRIDGE TO FURNITURE, VEGETABLES TO WATCHES AND GROCERIES TO COSMETICS(Pls come to our house and enjoy the diwali purchase here)'

Attachment 69956

Attachment 69953

Attachment 69954

Attachment 69955

Attachment 69952
    Simple and nice golu friend

Quote Originally Posted by Deepa Pandurang View Post
    Dear all,

Am very glad to post my kolu snaps here, being six month pregnant now I thought it won't be possible for me to make it colorful this year,but I have done it and finally it came out very well.my dad and husband helped me in assembling the 4year old plywood steps,my husband also helped in doing the lighting's,rest everything I did it taking one complete day leave to the office.

This year I have done 7steps,the theme I choose'd is lankavan-ramayan story(from ashokavatika to pushpaka),for creativity I have made a pump station,vendors shops,zoo,funzone,different puja arrangement,kailasam,marriage ceremony etc.
    Hope I have given you a visual treat to your eyes,eagerly looking forward your valuable comments and lovely feedback.

Best regards,
    Deepa.

Colourful and beautiful golu...

Deepa Pandurang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by devivasan View Post
    Hi admin.
    I here by attached my golu...

Hi devi... Superb ah iruku unga golu..