Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree869Likes

Navarathri Golu Special Contest 2014!

Discussions on "Navarathri Golu Special Contest 2014!" in "Special Contest" forum.

srimagal is offline Newbie

Re: Navarathri Golu Special Contest 2014!

@jash thanku.....illa that is mysore palace made by me & even the amman jewels

Sponsored Links
    sumitra likes this.

Sriramajayam is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Supreme Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    விசு @ Visu
    Blog Entries

Re: Navarathri Kolu Festival 2014 ...

Nice friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasuki k View Post
    1. Navarathri Kolu Festival 2014 ...

பழகிப் பார் பாசம் தெரியும்.
    பகைத்து பார் வீரம் தெரியும்.

Get in Close with Me to know my Affection!
    Get in Fight with me to know my Braveness!

விசு @ Visu.,
    PENMAI’s Supreme Ruler's of Penmai – II – 22-4-17 to still Date
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Golden Ruler – II – 30-7-15 to 22-4-17 (631days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Silver Ruler - II – 12-2-14 to 30-7-15 (534days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Ruler - 7-3-13 to 12-2-14 (343days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Yuva - 11-2-13 to 7-3-13 (25days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Guru - 5-1-13 to 11-2-13 (38days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Minister - 22-11-12 to 5-1-13 (45days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Commander - 6-11-12 to 22-11-12 (17days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Friend – 19-9-12 to 6-11-12 (49days)

Sriramajayam is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Supreme Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    விசு @ Visu
    Blog Entries

Re: Navarathri Kolu Festival 2014

Beauty friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasuki k View Post
    1. Navarathri Kolu Festival 2014

பழகிப் பார் பாசம் தெரியும்.
    பகைத்து பார் வீரம் தெரியும்.

Get in Close with Me to know my Affection!
    Get in Fight with me to know my Braveness!

விசு @ Visu.,
    PENMAI’s Supreme Ruler's of Penmai – II – 22-4-17 to still Date
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Golden Ruler – II – 30-7-15 to 22-4-17 (631days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Silver Ruler - II – 12-2-14 to 30-7-15 (534days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Ruler - 7-3-13 to 12-2-14 (343days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Yuva - 11-2-13 to 7-3-13 (25days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Guru - 5-1-13 to 11-2-13 (38days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Minister - 22-11-12 to 5-1-13 (45days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Commander - 6-11-12 to 22-11-12 (17days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Friend – 19-9-12 to 6-11-12 (49days)

saidevi is offline Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    sarala devi

Quote Originally Posted by jkannan View Post
    Hi I have tried several times to upload my pictures and I am only able to upload 5 pictures and not more than that. The instruction says there is no maximum. Is there something I can do to add more pictures?

Azhagana Golu.

sumitra likes this.

Real Name
    sarala devi

Re: Navarathiri Golu Contest 2014 - From Kaustubham

Quote Originally Posted by Nirupama View Post
    Hi Everybody,
    Our family is really excited about Navarathiri and we are so happy to share our Navarathiri pics in PENMAI this year. We have 5 steps Golu with each step measuring 7 ft.
    We have a concept park which depicts the 5 landscapes of TAMIL NADU - Kurinji, Mullai, Marudham, Paalai, Neithal. In Sangam Literature, the landscapes of TamilNadu are classified based on geography, climate, wildlife , trees and flower. We have done our best to visualize the landscapes as depicted in our ancient Literature.

Hope you enjoy our presentation.
    Please let us know your comments on our Golu which will surely help us improve our ideas.

Nice Friend

sumitra likes this.

Real Name
    sarala devi

Quote Originally Posted by vipram View Post
    The idea of a Golu and its decoration was probably originated with the idea of involving family members in what was a female centric ritual. From my personal experience, I feel it is a well-crafted colourful kolu dolls are put on display on numbered tiers generally 7,9 or 11. In our home, we have seven. Kolu dolls are principally of the Gods and Godesses characterizing conviction and folk tales. As per our tradition, we include few wooden dolls too. We create our Kolu with the theme such as wedding, temple, Geetha Ubadesam, Mahabharatham story, Krishna story, Ramayanam Story, Thangather with Meenakshi,park, pooja, Saints, Pongal celebrations, Forest, Village and city, Chithirai festival, Grocery, Thirukkalyam, all form of Gods and Godesses, Lord Shiva Temple, Kacheri, Jesus Christ, Kamadhenu, Krishna Avatharam, Cricket and Tennis etc., Female guests are given prasad, kumkum and a humble packet of goodies. We worshipped by lighting a lamp in front of it for every evening for those nine days and devotional hymns and slokas are chanted. It symbolizes the triumph of good over evil, of knowledge over ignorance, of light over darkness. It commemorates women power, shakthi or inner strength. We displayed more dolls representing nine swaroopa of name, fame, health, wealth, happiness, humanity, education, bhakthi and Sakthi to empower each family in the world. Whatever situations we are born in, our prime aim is to be merge with God. Navarathri Kolu celebration in our home remains us all this.

அழகான கொலு .

sumitra likes this.

Real Name
    sarala devi

Quote Originally Posted by Vid_nand View Post
    Hello,
    First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a ‘Happy Navarathri’. Our main Kolu is made of 7 steps. This carries dolls such as Lakshmi, Saraswathi, Ganesha, Radhey Krishna, Lakshmi Narashimar, Lakshmi Narayanar, Perumal-Thaayar, Pandurangan-Ragumayee, Ramar Set, Dasavatharam, Ashtalaklakshmi, Azhwars, Karthigai Pengal etc.

In addition to this we have a dual themed kolu this year- (i) 'Nectar of Thiruppavai' & (ii) Family Occasions.

(i). 'Nectar Of Thiruppavai' - The Tiruppavai is a collection of thirty stanzas (paasuram) in Tamil written by Andal, in praise of the Lord Perumal (Vishnu). I have selected only the important Paasurams. Here comes a brief description of them.

1. Periyazhwar finding Andal Near a Tulsi plant
    2. Paasuram 1 – Grown up Andal waking up the girls to join her to obtain 'Pavai Nombu',
    3. Paasuram 2 – 'Vaiyathu Vaazhveergaal' depicts Lord Vishnu sleeping in 'Parkadal' with Goddess Lakshmi.
    4. Paasuram 3 – ‘Ongi Ulagalandha ‘ depicts the praise of 'Ulagalandha Perumal' (Thiruvikraman).
    5. Paasuram 4 – ‘Aazhi Mazhai Kanna’– Aandaal asking Lord Krishna for heavy rain.
    6. Paasuram 5 – ‘Maayanai Mannu Vada maindhanai’ depicts the scene in which Lord Krishna was tied to the “Ural”.
    7. Paasuram 6 – ‘Pullum Silambinakaan’ depicts Lord Vishnu in Garuda Vahanam and man blowing conch.
    8. Paasuram 16 – ‘Naayaganaai nindra Nandha Gopanudaiya’ - Girls requesting the door keeper to let them in.
    9. Paasuram 19 – ‘Kuthu Vilakkeriya’ depicts Lord Krishna sleeping on the bosom of Nappinnai.
    10. Paasuram 24 – ‘Andru ivvulagam Alandhaai’ depicts Krishna carrying Govardhana giri.
    11. Paasuram 25 – ‘Oruthi Maganaai Pirandhu’ depicts Krishna’s birth at one place(As Devaki’s son) and transported to another and brought up as Yashodha’s son.
    12. Paasuram 26 – ‘Koodaarai vellum seer Govindha’ – Gopikas serving sweet pongal to Lord Krishna.
    13. Paasuram 30 – ‘Vanga kadal Kadaindha’ – Gopikas dancing with Lord Krishna after winning the parai.
    14. Aandaal joining Rangamannar

Some of these dolls were handmade by me. Paintings which depicts Paasuram 1 'Margazhi Thingal', Paasuram 4 'Aazhi Mazhai Kanna', and Paasuram 16 'Naayaganaai Nindra' were all painted by me..

(ii) 'Family Occasions' - This theme is a continuation of last year's with few changes and additions, due to heavy demand from last year’s visitors. 'Family Occasions' starts with a child's 'Naming Ceremony', followed by the 'Ayush Homam/Ear Piercing'', 'Upanayanam', 'Engagement', 'Wedding', 'Seemantham', 'Shastiapthapoorthi' and ends with 'Sathabhishekam''(This year's new addition). As some of these sets were not sold, I had to create them on my own. The cradle & the baby, Brahmobadesam in Upanayanam are few examples of my creation. These dolls were handmade by me.

I would also like to point out that the dressed up Aandaal statue is made up of one piece. It took more than 2 hrs for me to drape (pretend) the Saree for her.

I would also like to thank my mom for helping me with the Kolu.

Thanks for checking out..

Srividya

Fantastic.Really Nice...

sumitra likes this.

Real Name
    sarala devi

Chennai Vanisriv...
    Urs Golu pic are Very Nice to see.
    Thank U.

sumitra likes this.

Real Name
    sarala devi

Re: Navrathri Golu 2014 - "Names and Forms are Many But God is One"

Quote Originally Posted by vidyars510 View Post
    The theme for this year's Golu was "Names and Forms are Many But God is One". The highlight of the golu was a crib showing the birth of Jesus Christ, Mecca in Saudi Arabia, Jain Temple, Fire Temple of Parsis, Lord Buddha and Hindu temple.
    Very Nice.
    Very Neat Presentation.
    Thanks for sharing .

Last edited by saidevi; 6th Oct 2014 at 11:20 AM.
    sumitra likes this.

vanikala2003 is offline Newbie

Navarathri Kolu 2014 at my house

Theme of Golu.
    “Golu” is also known as “Kolu” is a unique display of various dolls and figurines in odd numbered steps (Padis). It is celebrated in this manner in the four Southern states of India. The dolls are mostly of the gods and godesses from Hindu Mythology arranged on steps.
    Shiva and Parvati idols made of Rakta Chandan wood, occupy the center stage, which is passed on from generation to generation. The Theme of Decoration this year is the 9 colours of Navratri with Nine forms of Durga (Nav Durga) in each Panel. The Decoration is Eco-friendly made of Ply wood and Paper.
    The South Indian oil Lamp with the face of Devi is placed at the center over the Rangoli and dressed according to the colour code of the day.

Clay Models of Vegetables / Fruits made by local village, Panruti Potter (Panruti is a town, municipality and taluk headquarters of Cuddalore District of Tamilnadu). This was purchased by my Late Grand Father, (Shri. Peruvamba Shivaraman Iyer) about 100 years ago, when he was working as Chief Station Master at Panruti station in Southern Railway. This has been handed over to me by my uncle Shri. P.S. Murthy in 2008 as an ancestral gift article.
    These items are not repainted or touched up. These are kept as it is since it was made. It is prestigeous and proud possesion for us.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Navarathri Golu Special Contest 2014!-navratri-golu-%40-iyers-2014.jpg   Navarathri Golu Special Contest 2014!-img_0124.jpg   Navarathri Golu Special Contest 2014!-img_0139.jpg   Navarathri Golu Special Contest 2014!-img_0140.jpg   Navarathri Golu Special Contest 2014!-img_0151.jpg