Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine December! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree1110Likes

Penmai 7th Birthday Contest - You and Penmai!!!

Discussions on "Penmai 7th Birthday Contest - You and Penmai!!!" in "Special Contest" forum.

Mals is offline Guru's of Penmai

Re: Penmai 7th Birthday Contest - You and Penmai!!!

Did Penmai Change any of my character?

No, it did not, I am a giver and I continue giving a piece of my mind through many threads, though, all of them are in English. In fact, PENMAI has enhanced my 'GIVING' nature and I will continue to do so.

Sponsored Links

How does Penmai succour and help you to evolve your skills?

I cannot imagine a life without 'reading' and 'writing'. From the day I have learnt to read and write, I have literally moved around the world with a paper and pen, even when I travel long distance, I always scribble my thoughts.

A place which gives you the space to contribute towards a passion you willingly nurture is always heaven. Penmai is HEAVEN FOR ME.

My Journey in Penmai

I was looking for all FEMALE FORUM where we feel safe to be around without men poking at you with lewd messages bombing in your inbox, chasing you for friendship and other such cheap tricks.

Luckily for me, I have not had such bad experience in Penmai, If any male does send me a 'friendship' prompt, it is all up to me to accept or decline, if the person does not move further, i have no complaints.

I have my own little space in this beautiful world, where I post my contributions. I am yet to have a great bond with fellow 'Penmai (s)' - the language problem is the barrier, I enjoy my space

Penmai Global formula for 'own protection'

Many people who are seriously active on net, are sometimes looking for bonding with people. With family members busy with their own responsibilities and duties, some people do feel lonely out there and want to share their thought and experience immense joy in the LIKES, AND FEEDS of their posts. As communication is the vital vitamin for our heart and soul.

During this pleasant journey, we sometimes ignore to look for the details of the people who extend their hands of friendship.

It is always not safer to post pictures of us and our family members, pictures can be lifted from the threads and can be misused. With advanced photo techs, like 'Photoshop' one has to be careful of what one shares on such platforms.

Your postal address, cell phone numbers, your locations, your itineraries, your pictures - just be safe

When someone sends you a friendship request, just do not jump and acccept. Follow the person's threads and posts, inform the Moderators and Super Moderators about any moves, keep everyone in loop

Do not invite strangers home even if they are selling your most famous product at your door.

Do not encourage salesman, in our society salesman are not permitted to come upstairs.

Do not melt when a stranger at your door ask you for a glass of water. Do not leave the door open to fetch water, this is how strangers strike in your house.

Wear minimum gold jewelry when you are on the streets, chain snatchers are having an eagle's eye on you.

While talking on mobile, look around when you are on the road, the most vulnerable victim is a person who is busy chatting up on the cell, he could be attacked easily by a notorious person and also can be knocked down by a moving vehicle.

Never share your atm pin with anyone on the phone, banks never call up for such details and never send replies to such mails to.

We do not win lotteries so easily, so please do not get overwhelmed by such news.

Be bold to make an complaint when your boss is making advances towards you.

Be hold to step in to a police station and file a FIR and discourage wife abusers.

Marital rape is not something we need to quietly accept, go ahead and file a complaint.

Your kids are grown up and need their space, but have a watch on their habits, drug abuse is a major concern so is internet

Do not take things lying down, if you are not happy with something speak up, believe in yourself and take a stand.

Always keep a small amount for a 'cause' you believe in, your minimum contribution can do wonders for a charitable organization.

Do background checks while hiring helps at home, give their details to the nearest police station.

Always keep the numbers of NGO/ Police station and other emergency dials on your SPEED DIAL.

Never talk loudly on your mobile phone when you are outside, your talks reveal a bit about your life to many

More emoticons for ME! STICKERS too!

A personal request to all Penmai(s)

Love dogs, if you don't, fine, do not harm them with stones and sticks.

RathideviDeva is online now Registered User
    Blogger
    Minister's of Penmai
    Real Name
    ரதி
    Blog Entries

பெண்மையில் எனது பயணம் மற்றும் என் வாழ்க்கையில் பெண்மையின் பங்கு:
    என் தினப்படி வாழ்க்கையில் வெறுமை சூழ்ந்த நிலையில் , நான் நாவல்களை பல இணையதலங்களில் தேடி தேடி படித்து என் பழைய நாவல் வாசிப்பு பழக்கத்தை மீண்டும் தொடர்ந்தேன் . அப்படி ஒரு கட்டத்தில் தான் எனக்கு பெண்மை அறிமுகமானாள். அப்படியே இங்குள்ள கதைகளை படித்து பிடித்து போக, இங்கேயே படிப்பதை வாடிக்கை ஆக்கிக்கொண்டேன். முதலில் ஊமை வாசகியாக இருந்து பின் மெல்ல கதைகளுக்கு கருத்து தெரிவித்தேன். பிறகு நாவல்களில் இருந்து மெல்ல என் பார்வை கவிதைகள், சமுதாய ஆதங்கங்கள், நாட்டு நடப்பு, ஆன்மீக கருத்துக்கள், உடல் + மன வளம் சம்பந்தமான குறிப்புகள், சுய முன்னேற்ற கட்டுரைகள் என சிறிது விரிவடைந்தது..

கடற்கரை மணலில் சிறு குழந்தை போல் அமர்ந்து நான் அலைகளை ரசிக்க... பின் அதன் அழகால் ஈர்க்கப்பட்டு மெல்ல எழுந்து அலைகளோடு விளையாடி மகிழ.... சிறிது நேரத்திற்கு பிறகு தான் உணர்ந்தேன், நான் அலையோடு அலையாக கடலிற்குள் வெகுதூரம் சென்று விட்டேன் என்று. இப்படி தொடங்கியது தான் என் பெண்மையின் பயணம். பின் பல விவாதங்கள், கலந்துரையாடல்கள் , விமர்சனங்கள், அரட்டைகள் என்று தொடருகிறது என் பயணம்.

வாழ்க்கை முழுதும் மற்றவர்களின் அங்கீகாரத்திற்காகவும் , ஆசைகளுக்காகவும் மட்டுமே வாழ்ந்ததாக அலுப்பு தோன்றிய நேரத்தில் , எனக்கே எனக்கான உலகமாக அமைந்தது பெண்மை. வெறும் கூட்டுப் புழுவாய் என் கூட்டிற்குள்ளேயே முடங்கி இருந்த எனக்கு தூண்டுகோளாக இருந்து என்னையே என் கூட்டை உடைக்க வைத்து எனக்குள் இருந்த அழகிய பட்டாம்பூச்சியை வெளிக்கொணர்ந்து சந்தோஷமாக சிறகடிக்க வைத்தது.

தொடரும்......

Last edited by RathideviDeva; 23rd May 2015 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Split my content

Blogger
    Minister's of Penmai
    Real Name
    ரதி
    Blog Entries

இதுவரை நான் வாழ்க்கையில் பரிசு என்று எதையும் வாங்கியதில்லை( பயம் காரணமாக போட்டிகள் எதிலும் கலந்து கொள்ள மாட்டேன்). 10th பப்ளிக் examல் மாத்ஸ்ல நான் ஸ்கூல் first. But நான் நம்பவே இல்ல. இதற்கு காரணம் என் மேல் இருந்த அவநம்பிக்கையை தாண்டி(அப்பெல்லாம் நான் 1st 10 places குள்ள total ranking ல வந்ததே இல்ல). நல்லா படிக்கிற பிள்ளைகளே எடுக்கல... நானா எடுத்திருக்க முடியும்னு.... அவங்க மேல அவ்ளோ அசைக்க முடியாத நம்பிக்கை. பல பேர் வந்து சொல்லியும் நம்பாமல், topper மாணவியே வந்து சொன்ன பிறகு தான் நான் நம்பினேன். That time I was in total shock, to realize my achievement. I never received a formal appreciation/recognition(in the form of prize or certificate) for my achievement to share it with my parents. அந்த வருத்தம் எனக்கு பல நாட்கள் இருந்தது. அந்த வருத்தத்தை இத்தனை ஆண்டுகளுக்கு பிறகு போக்கியது பெண்மை.

இருமுறை என்னை அங்கீகரித்து எனக்கு அளித்த பரிசு புத்தகத்தை என் தந்தைக்கு கிடைக்குமாறு செய்தேன். அந்த முதல் பரிசை அறிவித்த போது , உணர்ச்சிப்பெருக்கில் கண்கள் கலங்க சந்தோஷ மிகுதியால் ஆர்ப்பாட்டம் பண்ணினேன்(It is no exaggeration. Anybody who receives an acknowledgement after such a long wait, can understand my feelings). என் கணவர் அலுவலகத்திற்கும், என் பிள்ளைகள் பள்ளிக்கும் கிளம்பும் அவசரகதியான காலை நேரம் என்பதால், முழுமையாக என் சந்தோஷத்தை பகிர முடியவில்லை. உடனடியாக என் தந்தையை அழைத்து விஷயத்தை கூறி மகிழ்ந்தேன். During that weekend, by phone, I walked him thru the site(tough job using phone) to finally read my posting. After few hours I called him back to get his opinion, which made me very very happy. பாரதியார் கூறிய "மெச்சி உன்னை ஊரார் புகழ்ந்தால் மேனி சிலிர்க்குதடி " என்ற உணர்வை அன்று தான் என் தந்தைக்கு நான் கொடுத்தேன். அன்று நான் தந்தையின் பாராட்டை பெரும் ஒரு சிறுபிள்ளையை போல் உணர்ந்தேன். Made me feel like I accomplished something great in my life.

தொடரும்......

Blogger
    Minister's of Penmai
    Real Name
    ரதி
    Blog Entries

சமுதாயம் வகுத்த கட்டுப்பாடுகள், வரைமுறைகள் , மற்றும் குடும்பம் சூழ்நிலைகள், எதிர்ப்பார்ப்புகள் காரணமாக எல்லோருக்கும் (முக்கியமாக பெண்களுக்கு) நிறைவேறாத / நிறைவேற்றிக்கொள்ளாத இளமைப்பருவ ஆசைகள் / கனவுகள் என்று சில இருக்கும். ஒரு குழந்தையாக, ஏக்கத்துடன் நமக்குள், சந்தர்ப்பத்திற்காக காத்திருக்கும். சிலருக்கு வாழ்வின் எல்லைவரை அக்குழந்தை உயிர் பெறாமலே கூட போய் விடக்கூடும். அதிர்ஷ்டவசமாக, எனக்குள் இருக்கும் அக்குழந்தை , இதுவரை தான் கண்ட கனவை, ஆசையை பெண்மை மூலம் வாழ ஆரம்பித்திருக்கிறாள். இப்படி பெண்மை, நான் இளைப்பாற நிழல் தரும் மரமாக இருக்கிறது. ஆரம்பத்தில் தோள் /கை கொடுக்க யாரும் கிடைப்பார்களா என்று இருந்த என்னைக் கூட, மற்றவருக்கு கை கொடுக்கும் அளவிற்கு மாற்றி இருக்கிறது. மற்றவரின் உதாசீனங்களை ஏற்க துணிவற்று , என் சுயத்தையே மறக்கும் அளவிற்கு எனக்குள் முடக்கி வைத்திருந்த என் தேடல்கள் மற்றும் எண்ணங்களை, கொட்டித் தீர்க்கவும் , அலட்சியப்படுத்தாமல் ஏற்கவும் ஒரு களமாக இருந்து வருகிறது.

கம்பீரமாக தலை நிமிர்ந்து சொல்வேன் " பெண்மையில் தொடங்கிய எனக்குரிய அங்கீகாரம், அதன் எல்லை தாண்டி நிச்சயம் வளரும் . எனக்கென ஒரு தனி அடையாளத்தை கண்டிப்பாக நான் உருவாக்குவேன்". தன்னம்பிக்கையற்று இருந்த எனக்கு இந்த கர்வத்தை அளித்த பெண்மைக்கு என் நன்றிகள் !!!

Blogger
    Minister's of Penmai
    Real Name
    ரதி
    Blog Entries

What changes you want to see in Penmai:
    - The notification(Likes / Quotes /Tag /Mention) in the top bar, should update dynamically while the user is still in that page(without user having to reload the page). it would be even better if sound alert is added
    - As Visu Sir had mentioned, we need a better mobile version.
    - Recently I came across a social awareness event organized by chennai trekking group. The volunteers were asked to avoid plastics for certain period of time that ends with a coastal cleanup event. With Penmai, having a much bigger potential( because of a larger group), could be utilised to trigger social awareness for a good cause.(One of the past Penmai's birthday was dedicated for Tree plantation, and the members were encouraged to plant anything possible within their limits). I would like to see more of such actions.

Safety precautionary measures to be followed by Penmaites:

Our friends have already suggested. I dont have anything more to add, as our fellow Penmaites are matured enough and already cautious.

But I would like to add something that is much beyond the scope of this question. I wanted to share this for a long time. Finally I'm using this opportunity. Actually by putting it here I'm only reminding myself:
    கரையில் என் குழந்தைகள் மணலில் விளையாட.... கடமைகளை மறந்து கடலுக்குள் நான் அலைகளோடு அலைகளாக இருக்க..... காலம் கடந்து நான் திரும்பிப்பார்க்க.... என் பிள்ளைகள் இன்னும் எனக்காக காத்திருப்பார்களா என்று தெரியவில்லை. அலைகளை விட்டு வர மனம் இல்லாமல் தினம் தொடருகிறது என் போராட்டம்.
    In the current scenario slowly social media addiction is ruining many families. Limiting ourself from the beginning, before it goes out of control is the only solution. It is an add on to the stress, already due to work-life balance. இதற்கு தீர்வையும் நம் பெண்மை தோழி @chan பகிர்ந்திருக்கிறார்.
    Are you addicted to the internet? - நீங்கள் இணையத்தின் அடிமையா?

Last edited by RathideviDeva; 23rd May 2015 at 06:33 AM.