• 1 Post By jv_66
  • 2 Post By Heartburglar
  • 2 Post By Heartburglar
  • 2 Post By jv_66
  • 1 Post By jv_66
  • 2 Post By Heartburglar
  • 3 Post By priya ravi

Feeling tormented

Discussions on "Feeling tormented" in "Teenagers" forum.

Feeling tormented

sumathisrini likes this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Re: Feeling tormented

No @Heartburglar .

Please don't do anything of these. It is quite common with all the Teenagers , to have these thoughts . But not all of them do these but do overcome their thoughts and problems with suitable solutions from the experienced persons.

If possible please do share your problems with us, so that we could help you out of your problems like Peer pressure or anything else.

You are born to win and not to loose. You can surely overcome anykind of problems. Even if you are not able to succeed in everything in life, still you can lead a verygood life. Be a verygood son to your parents. Be a verygood brother to your siblings.

Totally, you can be a very good Citizen of your country.

Be brave and face everything. We are here to help you out.

sumathisrini likes this.
    Jayanthy

My mom keep spying on me..she doesnt give me a little privacy at al..even my friend or whoever calls me in ph she wants me put in speaker..she always monitors me,she not allows to go to anywhere..i can go to nearby shop with her permission..i was nt allowed to lock my room..yes i confess that in the name of studying i did chat in fb..but i wont chat all time in fb..but my mom whenever caught me with mobile starts scolding me..she even comes with me to college daily as if were a toddler..uff..

sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.

Thanks for hearing my barkings jv_66 sister..atleast someone is there to hear me

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by Heartburglar View Post
    My mom keep spying on me..she doesnt give me a little privacy at al..even my friend or whoever calls me in ph she wants me put in speaker..she always monitors me,she not allows to go to anywhere..i can go to nearby shop with her permission..i was nt allowed to lock my room..yes i confess that in the name of studying i did chat in fb..but i wont chat all time in fb..but my mom whenever caught me with mobile starts scolding me..she even comes with me to college daily as if were a toddler..uff..

Yes @Heartburglar

This is quite common with all the parents , especially moms of teenagers.

Because it is very much true, that children get spoiled mainly during their teenage. And parents do not want their children go into the wrong path and loose their children forever.

This is because, the teenagers may fall prey to all kind of addictions like smoking, drinking, drugs, social networks and may become bad elements of the society too. The addictions may also become irreversible.

That is why, the parents of teenagers are tooooo cautious during these period of their children.

Do you know something, each and every teenager (almost all of them) do hate their parents and their house ? Most of them do think the way you think.

But please bear in mind that this is a temporary phase in everyone's life.

Later when you become 22 or 23, and think about your activities during your teenage, they all may seem to be very ridiculous and funny. This is the fact.

Now coming to deal with your mom, please tell her that you will keep up her trust and will never try to go away from it.

Tell her that you too need some privacy while talking to your friends and being alone atleast for sometime, in your room . Assure her that you will not misuse this privacy.

Tell her that you are still not a child to be accompanied to the college and all your friends are making fun of it which embarrasses you a lot .

Tell her that you need some time to chat with your friends over phone and in social networks and assure her that this will not happen during your study hours. You should keep up your word for Time to study and Time to relax. When she finds that your academic marks are not spoilt due to those chat and talks, she will naturally accept it.

Locking the room is not accepted by few parents. Many parents may adjust to this, that this is usual with the teenagers. but few parents may not accept since they would think that their son/daughter is indulging in bad habits. So, you can adjust to this or plead her that you will not misuse this request.

You may tell her that she also should understand the plight of teenagers, their friends circle and other pressures due to age, atleast to some extent and when you find that she is not understanding you and always being suspicious makes you depressed a lot.

Tell her that you need to face the life by going alone to places and thus learn many things through trials and errors.

Assure her that her way of bringing you up will not allow you to go into the wrong path and will always try your best to keep up her hopes about you.

For this she should also adjust with you to some extent , otherwise she might also push you into depression along with her worries about you.

Finally, if she is not at all listening to you, please try to adjust with her as she is telling all these only for your good. Within one or two more years, she will not at all interfere in your activities, when she finds you the best in studies and other activities.

All the best and never loose hope in life. Life will be filled with roses and thorns and everyone need to cross all these throughout.

Jayanthy

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by Heartburglar View Post
    Thanks for hearing my barkings jv_66 sister..atleast someone is there to hear me
    Welcome my son. You are like my son. I have an adult son.

You can tell all your sufferings and problems to me and others here who will console you and suggest suitably for your problems.

sumathisrini likes this.
    Jayanthy

Thanks mom!...i need someone to hear me..which u did..

Because of her doing like this it makes me to act against her..and it makes me stubborn and rude

priya ravi is offline Friends's of Penmai

Hey Heartburglar

I know how it feels.. I was in the same boat during my school and college days.. Born and brought up in small town, where everyone's opinions matter most than their kids for parents, we had so many rules at family.. Hell broke loose when one of the astrologer told, it will be a love marriage.. They even thought whether to send me to college after 12th..

I was clear with what i wanted and told them iam not going to fall in any crap things.. I know what i want in my life and what i want to become.. If u still believe in the astrologers words, go ahead and look alliance and get me married anytime as u wish..

I concentrated on my studies, remained as i was , scored good, ended being up gold medalist in engineering and got offers from couple of companies..

Neither i regret nor my parents for the past now as it was their duty to be protective of kids.. I definitely can understand them better now with my 7 yr old daughter.. Keeping an eye is important but it shouldnt go overboard..

U can sit down and talk to ur mother how u feel insecured with her over protection.. and u also need to understand one thing, we live our life once and we dont get a second chance especially at your age.. Be what you are and dont change your behaviour for these issues.. when u reach 22-23, u actually gain control of things and start to look from the other end of your parents... Till that time, just ignore and carry on with ambition and work hard.. Just remember being too sentimental and emotional will never let your dreams come true..

Good Luck..