Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By carolinak
  • 2 Post By jash
  • 3 Post By jv_66

acting chance in serials how to change my daughter.

Discussions on "acting chance in serials how to change my daughter." in "Teenagers" forum.

carolinak is offline Newbie

acting chance in serials how to change my daughter.

my daughter is now doing her 1st year in college. she was selected as an actress in a serial story. but me and my husband not at all interested in doing this. how can we convince her and make her to concentrate in her studies without involving in this. she is very much adamant, so i didnt tell anything intially. we worried lot about her future. i had read and saw many actress life went in negative way. and so many lossed their life. i knw some few got in good position, but we are not from that family. how to change her mind and divert back to studies.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    sumathisrini, jv_66 and jash like this.

jash is offline Penman of Penmai
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    saradheya

Re: acting chance in serials how to change my daughter.

hai caro link sis

warm welcome to penmai.

surely u will get a solution. wait for sometime our friends will help u.

before that i would like to say one suggestion.

as she is ur child u know how to treat her and approach her when she is adamant in small small things as it happened before. so think about that incidents and make up a solution by urself and how to say the negative effects of this field.

and say about ur family values and customs a little bit along with it.

and i have an idea. if it is possible, will work a little to change ur daughters mind. ur daughter has any close frnd r any admirable person (it may be her aunt r uncle anyone). so if she has, u can approach ur daughter through them.

r no other way, its better to go for a good counselling.

Last edited by jash; 12th Apr 2015 at 10:13 PM.
    sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Hi @carolinak

Yes....most of the Teenagers will stick to their demands without any proper knowledge and the pros and cons of their decision.
    @jash has also suggested you well.

Now , what you can do is,

First , you can make a deal with your daughter.

If she wants to continue her acting , she has to finish her studies first and get a degree.

Please explain all the below suggestions very softly but firmly to her. Please don't scold her and fight with her. This will not help with the teenagers.

Tell her that, you want her to have a very good security for her life, which will be assured only with atleast a degree in her hand.

So, ask her to concentrate on her studies first and after finishing the studies, she can opt for acting.

If she is telling that, she will continue both the studies and her acting career, you may tell her that this may become impossible for her, because, she may need to go for acting by losing her attendance in the college and also, her concentration will not at all be focused on studies, which is the most important security in everyone's life.

Please don't worry that she will go for acting career , if you assure her now.

Still there are 3 or 4 years for her to complete her studies. So, within this span, her focus could change on some other career and she will become matured enough to think about the pros and cons of acting career.

And if she agrees to this deal, and if she is sticking to the same acting career even after fetching her degree, then you may allow her to her wish.

You may do this, after making her understand all the pros and cons and the difficulties faced by the actresses in the acting career. You may also tell that, sometimes it may become difficult for her to get a suitable husband from the arranged marriage , due to this career.

So, may be at that time, she would be little more matured to analyze these issues and then decide.

May be , she might overcome all these difficulties and become a good actress too.

So, now you may strictly tell her not to indulge immediately with this chance for acting, and continue only her studies.

If she is telling that she may loose this wonderful chance later, if she misses this chance now. But you may tell her that if she has to become an actress , she will surely become one day, but it is your duty to make her life secured throughout her lifetime by helping her to get a degree.

With this degree in hand, she can go to any type of job, even if she is not getting more and more chances in acting . But at the same time, if she is not finishing her studies now, which is the right time to study, she would loose her fun in the college with her friends which she could cherish all throughout her life.

All the best.

Last edited by jv_66; 13th Apr 2015 at 01:30 PM.
    sumathisrini, gkarti and jash like this.
    Jayanthy

girija chandru is offline Penman of Penmai
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by carolinak View Post
    my daughter is now doing her 1st year in college. she was selected as an actress in a serial story. but me and my husband not at all interested in doing this. how can we convince her and make her to concentrate in her studies without involving in this. she is very much adamant, so i didnt tell anything intially. we worried lot about her future. i had read and saw many actress life went in negative way. and so many lossed their life. i knw some few got in good position, but we are not from that family. how to change her mind and divert back to studies.
    acting is not the right choice nowadays.
    1) speak to her in a soft tone and make her understand.
    2) speak to her about the atrocities caused in acting field.
    3)take her to a counselor.
    4) if she has got good friend,call her home. sit with her and counsel.
    5) make her understand the maaya of acting field.
    6) she must realize, she must change... that is the ultimate solution.
    7) howmuch ever others provoke, there is no underlying meaning, unless and otherwise she take sit in the right spirit.

better luck !!!

"Our sweetest songs are those that tell of the saddest thoughts "

My completed story :-
    நம்பிக்கை ஒளி

My ongoing story :-
    ததும்பி வழிகிறதே மௌனம் - Thathumbi

dROP YOUR VALUABLE COMMENTS ON MY STORY HERE :-
    ததும்பி வழிகிறதே மௌனம் - Thathumbi Vazhikiradhae Mounam (Comments)

PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG :-
    Penmai.Com - Indian, Tamil Women's Forum - Online Community - மயிலிறகாய் ரா.கிரிஜா - Blogs

KAVIDHAI NOOLGAL :-
    GIRIJAVIN KAVIDHAI THOGUPPU NOOL
    http://www.penmai.com/forums/poems/1...ml#post1698598
    1) THOGUPPU 1 :- "வேரும் (க)விதைகளும் " DATED 17.02.2016
    2) THOGUPPU 2 :- "கவிதையாய் இனிய சாரல்கள்" DATED 18.02.2016