Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Ttc

Discussions on "Ttc" in "Trying to Conceive" forum.

annai is offline Newbie

Re: Ttc

hi banu..

how are u?
    tested today morning...got one line only :(:(

Sponsored Links

Kavibhanu is offline Commander's of Penmai

Hi annai,

fine, thank you.. Dont lose your hope dear... Be patient and take another HPT test next week.. I pray for you.... God is great, he will answer your prayers...

ப்ரிய தோழி

gulf.rajesh is offline Friends's of Penmai

yengalukkum ippadi aachi. oru varudam thalli irunga piraku normala new pola try pannunga. romba yellam yosichi kavala patarathu waste.

Sharmila16 is offline Newbie

nice to see such a greaceful frends...

keep continuing

saranyapavalan is offline Citizen's of Penmai
    Real Name
    saranya

Hi friends,

I am taking taking treatmnt for conceving almost for two years.

Doctor suggested me to do laproscopy.I want know whic is better whether Diagnostic laproscopy or operative laproscopy..it was painful??
    And aslo the cost of both of the laproscopy...
    Friends please help me and also give me the sugesstions...

I am expecting your replies....

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hi saranya,
    Here is the link for Laproscopy surgery for Infertility.

I have been trying to have a baby for last two years. Me and my husband have had several tests and now I have been advised diagnostic laparoscopy and dye test. What is it?

Diagnostic laparoscopy is a surgical procedure that allows your doctor to examine the organs inside your abdomen and pelvis. It is often used as one of the diagnostic test during infertility. Performed using small incisions and a miniature camera (known as a laparoscope) laparoscopy allows doctor to take a close look at your:
    * Uterus
    * Fallopian tubes
    * Ovaries
    * Pelvic walls
    This enables him/her to make a diagnosis and possibly even correct the problem during the laparoscopy procedure.
    What is Diagnostic Laparoscopy used for?
    Diagnostic laparoscopy is used in order to detect complications inside of the reproductive system. In particular, it can be used to diagnose and correct:
    * Endometriosis
    * Fallopian tube blockage
    * Fibroids
    * Ovarian cysts
    * Polycystic ovaries
    Is it only done in women who cannot conceive?
    No, it is a very common operation done when investigations fail to show a cause of lower abdominal pain. Some women will have a correctable problem found at laparoscopy that would not have been discovered with other methods. It is also done to diagnose and treat ectopic pregnancy.
    How is Diagnostic Laparoscopy Performed?
    Diagnostic laparoscopy is performed under general anesthesia, so that no pain is experienced during the surgery itself. A small incision is made just below your navel. A needle will then be inserted into this incision, which is used to insert gas into your abdomen. This gas (carbon dioxide) works to elevate the wall of your abdomen, so that your doctor has enough room to work in. The laparoscope, a kind of tiny camera, is then inserted through the trocar. The laparoscope will transmit images of the inside of your pelvis and abdomen to a television monitor in the operating room. Your doctor will use these images in order to diagnose your problem. If your doctor detects a problem during the laparoscopy procedure, he may be able to correct the problem right then and there. If this is the case, one or two small incisions will be made on the left and right sides of your abdomen. Your doctor will use these incisions to help accommodate scissors and other surgical tools needed to treat the problem.

Pic: Laparoscopic view of normal pelvis

When can I go home?
    Depending upon your fertility diagnosis, diagnostic laparoscopy can last anywhere from 20 minutes to two hours. You may go home the same day or after 1 to 2 days depending upon the surgery You may feel some pain in your abdomen and shoulders or arms (as a result of the carbon dioxide), for which you may require painkillers.
    After 2-3 days you may return to work and resume your normal, everyday activities. It is important to keep the incision areas as clean and dry as possible.
    Are there any complications associated with Diagnostic Laparoscopy?
    As with any surgery, there are complications associated with diagnostic laparoscopy. However, if you are in good health the risks associated with the surgery are uncommon.
    The most common complication of diagnostic laparoscopy is infection of the incision site.
    Other possible complications include:
    * excessive bleeding
    * injuries to the abdomen
    * injuries to blood vessels inside the pelvis
    What is dye test?
    During laparoscopy a dye is pushed through the neck of the womb (cervix).if the fallopian tubes are patent dye will be seen coming out through the tubes. It is one of the key investigations done in cases of infertility. If there are any adhesions of the tubes and ovaries they can be released.

Pic: Dye is seen coming out through the fallopian tubes.

What happens if endometriosis is found?
    The endometriosis spots are destroyed by diathermy, where an electric current is passed down a fine probe burning the lesion. Fine adhesions can be cut using small scissors.

For endometriosis cysts on the ovary, this will mean shelling out and removing the cyst from the underlying normal ovary tissue. An alternative is to make a hole in the cyst wall, empty out the 'chocolate' collection of blood and burn (diathermise) the cyst base so all endometriotic deposits are destroyed.

Pic: Endometriotic deposits seen on laparoscopy

What is ovarian drilling?
    Ovarian drilling is done in cases of polycystic ovaries.with the help of a specific needle tiny holes are drilled in the ovary. This helps in spontaneous ovulation.

Pic: Ovarian drilling

What other treatment can be done during laparoscopy?
    Other treatments will depend on the findings of diagnostic laparoscopy. This webpage gives you an idea of the most common procedures done in cases of infertility.

ref:apnarlaproscopy.com

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

saranya,
    Check this link approximate cost. Check the Apollo ivf facility link for the cost. hope it helps.