What tests can we do before seeing a fertility specialist if we suspect a problem?

If you suspect a problem, it makes sense for you to run a few baseline tests while you are still trying to conceive. If the results of any of the following tests are out of the normal range, your doctor will be able to refer you to a relevant specialist:

A thyroid and prolactin hormones test - this is a blood test

A fasting blood sugar level test - this is a blood test

A sonography of your ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus. This will help to confirm whether you are ovulating or not.

A semen analysis - this will indicate whether there is a problem with your husband's semen.

Source: Babycenter India

Dr Firuza Parikh

Similar Threads: