Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree33Likes

success of a inter-religious marriage

Discussions on "success of a inter-religious marriage" in "Weddings" forum.

girlincute is offline Newbie

success of a inter-religious marriage

dear friends i am new to this group. just now joined here
    i like to have all your valuable opinion here. i am loving a guy, who is a hindu and i am a christian girl. he is from a traditional hindu family (brahmin) and i am from a traditional christian family who goes to church every sunday and pray in our home.

we approached both our parents and get a big opposition from both sides, so we planned to marry without their permission. we both are settled in an IT company, so there will be no problem in money wise.

but i donít knw how our marriage will be succesfull. did any of you had inter-religious marriage. I donít want to convert to hindu and also i donít want him to convert to christian. let we be like what we are...

can we get our life like this forever. will there be a problem with our interreligon i am worrying verymuch and we fixed to marry in the november month.

since days are nearing, i am getting nervous with our life.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links

vaishnav is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Vaishnavi

Re: success of a inter-religious marriage

Hai Girlin,

ennoda karuthai solren...pidichirundha ethukonga....illati leave it..

Love pannumbodhu epdi vena irukalam but marriage nu varumbodhu yrachum oruthar vittu koduthudhan poganum.
    nenga 2 perum unga unga religion le irundhingana apram ungalukku pirakira kulandha endha religion la irukum...
    ok andha kuzhandhayum unga 2 per religion la yaro oruthar religion padi register panidaringa,appo apram andha kuzhandha nenaikume nanum appavum oru religion amma vera religion o illa nanum amma vum oru religion appa verreligion o??

Kalyanam varaikum mudivu edutha ungalukku innum enna thayakkam??

thuniva yarachum vittu kuduthu ponga...idha nenga oru chance a kuda eduthukalam friend, unga spouse mela evlo pasam vachirukinga nu kataradhukku....
    avanga amma appava um impress panna oru chance a irukum....

This is ur life and nobody can question you about this.Make ur life like crystal clear...
    Enjoy ur life....
    "the best way to receive love is to give" Remember this...

All the best and best wishes for ur mariage

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hi girlincute, First of all, I congradulate for your decision to marry your loving brahmin partner. I welcome your decision regarding to remain in your own religion and not converting to your life partner's religion. I know so many of my friends who have done inter religious marriage and even today husband goes to hindu temple along with christian wife and also children and vice versa. Religion won't come your way of enjoying and leading a happy life. After all, why we get married and give birth to children. everything for the sake of enjoyment and fulfillment of our ethics and beliefs in life. so go ahead and marry your brahmin lover. dont worry about your children's religion. After some times, if need arises, if your mind allows to convert to other religion, do it. No body will come in your way. As per Indian Law, while getting admission to your children in schools, you can enroll them as belonging to your husband's religion. Happy married life and good understanding between husband and wife is the foremost important. Hence I support your decision and request to go ahead to marry as you wish. Kindly accept my advance wishes for a happy married life. thanks

yams is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

This is not an issue that you can decide by yourself since it may or may not affect your children
    sacrificing is one good thing but it is not a must for you to do it
    don't get scared about the future since it may not be that hard for you if you stay in your same caste
    i know a friend of mine whose parents marriage is also inter religious marriage you can even name your child with both hindu and christian names combined and government also encourages inter caste marriage in many ways so don't be too worried about future provided your better half is fully supportive towards you..i know its hard to change the customs that you practiced for years since you were born to just lose that in a minute the same applies to your husband so i would rather suggest you both have a hearty speech about the issue and if both feel uncomfortable changing their original religion better be in your way and stay understandable and loving even after your marriage like you are now
    which will solve any problems if incase anything arises in future
    love is the good medicine for all life issues
    keep loving my dear
    Have a loving life...!

Last edited by yams; 9th Oct 2012 at 12:31 AM.
    With Regards
    Yamini

Expectation is the only devil which smiles at you when you feed it daily!

http://www.penmai.com/forums/poems/3...tml#post360407

Preethi4u is offline Friends's of Penmai

Hi Girlin, My advance wishes for your marriage.

Vaishnav,Sumitra and Yamini already gave the best suggestions.

Girlin everything will go smooth till pregnancy. After a kid mostly Parents and In Law's will patch up. so make sure you guys are strong enough. otherwise your parents will say one thing and your IL's will say something else.so be prepared.

Be it arranged or love marriage i have seen relationship breaking with more frequency than a glassware, i understand that its totally depends on two of you. don't listen to people regardless of what they talk/gossip about you. end of the day its your life. handle it with more care.

Note : Mine is inter religious marriage same as yours. After kid initially i was forced,now happily following his religion.

அப்பா
    My Clicks

Preethi's Recipes

END is not the end, In fact E.N.D is "Effort never dies" and if you get NO in answer remember N.O. "Next opportunity" So always stay positive in life

Johansmith is offline Newbie

Hi Girlin,

First of all congratulation in advance for being getting married to your loved one. This is just your nervousness.Every girl has to face this day. If you both love to each other so much, its mean you both have quite good understanding. So don't worry about future. Just start our preparation for marriage.

Have a happy life....

sumitra likes this.

AlexHelton is offline Newbie

they are really successful it only depends on the persons thinking and his well adjustment with the partner....

sumitra likes this.

AlexHelton is offline Newbie

they are not successful at all who said they are successful, i dont think so at all..

sumitra likes this.

Inter caste marriage in India are still confronted with unique challenges. For some people it becomes difficult to convince their parents and in-laws. There are many couples, find it difficult to adapt themselves to a new environment, culture and rituals. In some societies, inter caste marriages are considered as a religious offence where couples face death threats from their own family members. Every now and then, we come across news talking about incidents related to murder due to inter-caste marriages.

Last edited by sumathisrini; 20th Aug 2013 at 12:58 PM.
    sumitra likes this.

calebccalvin is offline Newbie

Inter caste marriage in India are still confronted with unique challenges. For some people it becomes difficult to convince their parents and in-laws. There are many couples, find it difficult to adapt themselves to a new environment, culture and rituals. In some societies, inter caste marriages are considered as a religious offence where couples face death threats from their own family members. Every now and then, we come across news talking about incidents related to murder due to inter-caste marriages.

Last edited by sumathisrini; 21st Aug 2013 at 10:39 AM.
    sumitra likes this.