• 4 Post By Sriramajayam
  • 9 Post By vijivedachalam
  • 9 Post By vdiviga
  • 4 Post By subhabala
  • 7 Post By jv_66
  • 4 Post By sumitra
  • 1 Post By GayathriArun

Age Gap relationship

Discussions on "Age Gap relationship" in "Weddings" forum.

subhabala is offline Newbie

Smile Age Gap relationship

I am 25 years old..nd my partner is 23 years old..v r going 2 b engaged in next month..will there be any problem in future because of this .. what a person need in there
    married life?.. is it ok in country like india.. plz guide me and advise.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    Geetha A, jv_66, sumitra and 2 others like this.

Sriramajayam is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Supreme Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    விசு @ Visu
    Blog Entries

Re: Age Gap relationship

Hello Subhabala,
    Pl wait 4 some hours..
    my senior ppl will give suitable reply..
    anyway, all d best + god bless you...
    and adv wishes 4 happy married life..

Geetha A, jv_66, sumitra and 1 others like this.
    பழகிப் பார் பாசம் தெரியும்.
    பகைத்து பார் வீரம் தெரியும்.

Get in Close with Me to know my Affection!
    Get in Fight with me to know my Braveness!

விசு @ Visu.,
    PENMAI’s Supreme Ruler's of Penmai – II – 22-4-17 to still Date
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Golden Ruler – II – 30-7-15 to 22-4-17 (631days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Silver Ruler - II – 12-2-14 to 30-7-15 (534days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Ruler - 7-3-13 to 12-2-14 (343days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Yuva - 11-2-13 to 7-3-13 (25days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Guru - 5-1-13 to 11-2-13 (38days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Minister - 22-11-12 to 5-1-13 (45days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Commander - 6-11-12 to 22-11-12 (17days)
    PENMAI’s Ex Young Friend – 19-9-12 to 6-11-12 (49days)

vijivedachalam is offline Penman of Penmai
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    vijayalakshmiBala
    Blog Entries

hi subha, my hearty congrats for ur engagement.. once u decided means step into the marriage life.... wy oscillations.... no need to worry about the age... if you feel something uneasy means consult with sexologist regarding this... but i feel age gap is not all a problem... so be happy start the life happily...... regards, viji

life is so beautiful....

vdiviga is offline Newbie

Hi Subha,

I feel age is not a matter...The problem arises only if u consider it to be an issue...
    All u both need is LOVE, SUPPORTING and UNDERSTANDING...
    The truth is 'he must be a better substitution for your parents', if so then he can be a successful mate forever

My personal suggestion is not to worry too much about the environment.If you start worry
    ing, then you will start to live a life for satisfying others and not yourself. Live a life on your own. I can quote even a proverb, 'When you are in light, the whole world will follow you but when you are in dark, even your own shadow doesn't follow you'.

Congratulations.
    Have a happy life...

subhabala is offline Newbie

thnx 4 ur reply frnds...

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Congrats Subha for your marriage.

Age does not matter in a marriage life. Only Love and Affection between the couples matters always.

And in your case, you are just 2 years elder to him. It will never make a hindrance for the married life, in any way.

Generally, it is followed in our country, to marry an elder man, because, women become older very sooner, in looks and other activities, compared to men.

Our elders, considered this as a drawback for the women, in their later stages, because, the men might feel very younger than their spouses and may jump into illegal relationships.

So, once you both agree to the marriage, there can be no one else to stop this, for this silly reason.

And there are many examples in our own country for this type of successful marriages, like SACHIN - ANJALI, DHANUSH - AISHWARYA, ABISHEK - AISHWARYA and many more.

So, DON'T WORRY about the unnecessary things, and BE HAPPY ABOUT YOUR FUTURE.

ALL THE BEST for your future.

Jayanthy

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hi Subha, Hearty congratulations for your marriage. Don't worry too much about age difference of only 2 years. In those days, a young boy went to gurukula and the girl stayed at home. The marriage was early for many reasons. The boy having been tutored, now imparts the knowledge to the girl from the time of getting married. At a young age, the older boy and younger girl gel better when it comes to being teacher and student. Now a days, that tradition is not so, because both go to educational institutions.

In general, the physical development of man and woman though being quite similar. Puberty and hormones play a great role in differentiating mental maturity of man and woman in early stages (teens). The girl takes a easier and earlier grasp of the changes from puberty and hormones than a man. What I mean here is the maturity of mind.

So a girl married to a man at an early age teens or just out of teens would have a large gap in their maturity levels.

If the boy were just about two to three years elder than the girl it would help in them being of good vibes in early 20s. Once they grow older, the age is not so relevant. So that may be the reason it is more acceptable for both genders now a days.

If they get married at a much later stage, say mid 20s or even later as is happening today, they need to rush towards going the family way within an year of marriage. This is because, the woman is better off carrying her baby well before 30 and it is considered as risky (or requires special care), if she is above 35.

So again, if she got married at her early 20s she needs a man who is to be elder than her so he has a good balance over himself physically. That puts him in the mid 20s.

But, it doesn't end there. The woman reaches her menopause in the early and mid 40s. If they were the same age, the man would be still too virile to understand her difficulties in not being a cooperative partner. Being married to a man of about 4 to 6 years elder than herself, she would find her partner near his 50's when she goes into menopause. A partner who is probably lesser susceptible to issues of understanding because of one's own changes in age and bodily demands.

Hence concentrate on other things instead of worrying on this aspect. Understand each other and lead a happy married life. thank you

GayathriArun is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Gayathri ArunPrakash

I think this reverse age gap will work as well as any other. You can be sure that the age will not cause a problem and you need not worry in a tiff either of the spouses wouldn't blame each other for having married someone elder/younger, so if you both dont have any issues you need not worry about others. For any reason if you are worried about what others comment, you can totally ignore it because people will talk about it for a week or so and then they will have their own issues, no one will be worrying about you guys, so if that is the matter of concern just ignore it. When we are children or teenagers, a 2 year age gap means more in terms of maturity and development. However, when we get older, it all sort of evens out. If age is a reliable indicator of maturity, than we can take it as a rule, that is, husband must be 3 or 4 years older than the wife for marital harmony. I have seen some 20-year-old people incredibly mature and 50 year-old people who are immature. So there are far more important signifiers of compatibility than age.

Where there is love and understanding between the spouses then there wont be any problem. Go ahead to hold the hand of your loved one without worrying about the age.

accool likes this.
    Gayathri ArunPrakash