Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree21Likes

Groom to have a kondai & wear vaira thodu (7 stone diamond thodu)

Discussions on "Groom to have a kondai & wear vaira thodu (7 stone diamond thodu)" in "Weddings" forum.

SASI1981SELVA is offline Newbie

Re: Groom to have a kondai & wear vaira thodu (7 stone diamond thodu)

Hi

now I am married and I have started to wear the vaira thodu on my ears. I also have a kondai now .

My thodu are 7 stone traditional vaira thodu with 2.1 Belgian diamonds. Weight of the thodu is 12 grams. It's around 10mm in width.

It's very heavy to wear . And very embarrassing with people immediately paying attention to my ears and glittering thodu in them.

I also have a kondai now managed. My kondai comes up to size of a small coconut.

Sponsored Links
    sathana24 and jv_66 like this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by SASI1981SELVA View Post
    Hi

now I am married and I have started to wear the vaira thodu on my ears. I also have a kondai now .

My thodu are 7 stone traditional vaira thodu with 2.1 Belgian diamonds. Weight of the thodu is 12 grams. It's around 10mm in width.

It's very heavy to wear . And very embarrassing with people immediately paying attention to my ears and glittering thodu in them.

I also have a kondai now managed. My kondai comes up to size of a small coconut.

Hi @SASI1981SELVA ,

Congrats for your marriage.

Please don't worry too much.

Since these costumes are new to you, it may take some time (may be few years too) to get accustomed.

And it may be just your imagination that everybody is staring at you or your diamond stead.(this is also due to your unaccustomed problem only).

Since almost all the people in that area would have been watching people like you with those costumes, it will not at all be a weird scene or situation for them to stare at you.

Only you might be feeling like that and it is common with each and every individual to feel like this (uneasiness).

Cheer up.....you will sooner get used to this costume. and the weight of the diamond studs will also become accustomed to you very sooner. It will become bearable sooner.

Last edited by jv_66; 31st Aug 2015 at 04:01 PM.
    sumathisrini likes this.
    Jayanthy

SASI1981SELVA is offline Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jv_66 View Post
    Hi @SASI1981SELVA ,

Congrats for your marriage.

Please don't worry too much.

Since these costumes are new to you, it may take some time (may be few years too) to get accustomed.

And it may be just your imagination that everybody is staring at you or your diamond stead.(this is also due to your unaccustomed problem only).

Since almost all the people in that area would have been watching people like you with those costumes, it will not at all be a weird scene or situation for them to stare at you.

Only you might be feeling like that and it is common with each and every individual to feel like this (uneasiness).

Cheer up.....you will sooner get used to this costume. and the weight of the diamond studs will also become accustomed to you very sooner. It will become bearable sooner.
    I have been wearing Thodu for more than a year I am becoming accustomed to wearing large thodu. It's very heavy though but now i feel much more comfortable, If I remove it I feel very odd.

The holes have settled & but they have got a bit larger.

The thodu has become a part of my attire.

Also my wife also had both her noses pierced & she wear big mookuthi on both noses & so it matches very well

sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by SASI1981SELVA View Post
    I have been wearing Thodu for more than a year I am becoming accustomed to wearing large thodu. It's very heavy though but now i feel much more comfortable, If I remove it I feel very odd.

The holes have settled & but they have got a bit larger.

The thodu has become a part of my attire.

Also my wife also had both her noses pierced & she wear big mookuthi on both noses & so it matches very well

Glad to know this.

Jayanthy