Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine October! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By shobi.ravi
  • 2 Post By sumitra
  • 3 Post By jv_66

which thali to buy

Discussions on "which thali to buy" in "Weddings" forum.

shobi.ravi is offline Newbie

which thali to buy

hi dears

please guide me. i am gonna to marry a guy who am loving most. we both are belongs to different caste. both of our parents are not accepted our love. we waited for past 4 years. now we decided to get married. we are very confused to choose thali. in shops there are so many thali's are available. we dont want any caste related thali. so please guide us to buy thali our marriage.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    sumathisrini, jv_66 and Mary Daisy like this.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: which thali to buy

Hi Shobi_ravi, Welcome to penmai.com!Congratulations for your Love marriage!

jv_66 and Mary Daisy like this.

jv_66 is online now Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name

Re: which thali to buy

Welcome to Penmai Shobhi.

Advance congratulations for your marriage.

Generally, for selecting the Thaali, one will be from the bride's house and one from the bridegroom's house.

So, now you have two options.

Either, you can select, two Thaalis, one from your caste and the other from your Wouldbe's (going to be your husband) caste.

If you wear both, you both will be satisfied. And I am sure, once you get married and after your children's arrival, both side parents will start accepting your marriage.

So, they both will be satisfied if they see you wearing both the Thaalis, by giving respect to both the caste's traditions.

(I prefer this, because, in your later life, everyone will be satisfied including you both)

Another option will be you can generally wear the Thaali, with God's pictures in it. you can wear one or two of them.

I have given the sample picture of them.

Another option is, you can ask the Jewelry shop people itself for a thaali, which doesn't belong to any caste. To my knowledge, I haven't seen anything like this. The shops may have it.

All the best for your successful married life.

You can tie both of these in the same manjal kayiru or 2 different manjal kayiru. Later if you wish you can join both of them in the same Thaali kodi or chain.

Please see the pictures below for common God pictures. ie., one from Saiva thaali(Shiva) and one from Vaishnava thaali (vishnu)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails which thali to buy-meenakshisundaresar-thirumangalyam-11.jpg   which thali to buy-gold-thali-design.jpg   which thali to buy-two-stone-meenakshisundaresar-thirumangalyam-11.jpg   which thali to buy-stone-studded-vadakalai-changuchakra-thirumangalyam-11.jpg  
    Last edited by jv_66; 16th Sep 2014 at 11:08 AM.