Celebrity weight loss regimes
Discussions on "Celebrity weight loss regimes" in "Weight Loss Diet and Guide" forum.
22nd Feb 2012, 01:39 AM #1
Celebrity weight loss regimes
Bollywood fitness: Celebrity weight loss regimes
Showbiz and size zero are synonymous and don't we wish to be as 'slim' as Priyanka Chopra and don a bikini as confidently as Kareena Kapoor?
Well, it's all a matter of hard work, sweat, sacrifice, lots of cardio, plenty of weight training and sometimes even yoga. Once upon a time, away from the spotlight these artists were just like us mere mortals, but then something changed for them. Or rather they changed something for themselves. Switching to healthier diets, maintaining stringent workouts and observing certain daily fitness habits - are all power for the course. Let's take a look at some of our favourites from Bollywood, and their celebrity weight loss regimes.
Rewind a decade ago, she was 'curvy' but she wasn't the Queen Bee of B. Fast forward and she is one of the highest paid actresses. She made the drastic change from a non-veg diet to only veg diet followed by her famous hard core yoga sessions. The result: Size zero, flawless skin, ageless beauty and the ruling Queen of the Industry.
Bebo's fitness mantras
- Soups, green vegetables salads, fruits, yogurt are all incorporated in her daily diet.
- Not to forget food with low calories, rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals.
- Lastly, yoga and cardio exercises (such as the famous Surya Namaskara 50 times)
Anyone and everyone wants to be like this Khan (even secretly). All guys at one point desired ripping their shirt off, surrounded by gorgeous girls screaming out your name. Cardio, discipline and two hours of dedication at the gym ensures a body every guy would kill for and every girl would die for.
Salman Khan's fitness mantras
- He makes sure he spends at least one hour doing cardio, and weight training - focusing on any two body parts each time - triceps, legs, back and biceps.
- He also does 500 crunches, pull-ups and chin-ups.
She may have been crowned Miss World, but she had a long way to go to be at the top of her game. She may be coy about her fitness mantra, but she strongly recommends yoga and one hour at the gym. And we all knew she had arrived in Bollywood when she stepped out of the water in a golden bikini in Dostana.
Piggy Chop's fitness mantras
- Avoids oily food
- Workouts for one hour at the gym
- Home cooked food
She is the face of L'Oreal, has worked with the best names in the industry, and is the quintissential designers' muse. A foodie by heart, Sonam Kapoor openly speaks about her weight loss. Today, she has lost weight and can fit into any size zero dress without a hitch. Power yoga, controlled eating, cardio and weight training are her saviours.
Sonam Kapoor's fitness mantras
- She practices yoga - artistic and power yoga along with pilates
- Six days a week include cardiovascular exercises and weight training
- She loves dancing and practices dance exercises and Kathak as well
She lived on junk food, and then she went on to star opposite Salman Khan in Dabangg, one of Bollywood's biggest blockbusters. Her journey involved weight training, cardio, spinning and most importantly NO junk food. Sports is always an added benefit and she chose lawn tennis as her game changer.
Sonakshi Sinha's fitness mantras
- She lost three-four kilos with rigorous cardio, weight training and spinning exercises
- Hot yoga has helped her tone her body
- Her advice - avoids carbs
He may be viewed as the spoilt brat of the Mallya empire, but cupid changed his entire persona. Slimmer and hotter, Siddharth Mallya has not only Deepika Padukone but also a lot of women going ga ga over his sexy body.