Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sweetie7

Top Ten Weight Loss Tips

Discussions on "Top Ten Weight Loss Tips" in "Weight Loss Diet and Guide" forum.

subashini is offline Banned Friends's of Penmai

Top Ten Weight Loss Tips

1. Don't cut out all the food you enjoy. I like the occasional takeaway, but now I save up calories to have one or earn it. If I restricted myself to just fruit and veg I'd give up very quickly. I also found that I could still eat my favourite foods if I 'tweak' them a bit: low fat cheese, low fat spread instead of butter, light mozzarella etc. Also the best thing I did was get olive oil spray!
    2. Write everything down. Even (or especially) on bad/splurge days. It’s only if you write things down that you know what you are doing. I’m not saying don’t have the Peking Duck. I am saying, at least know what having the Peking Duck means.
    3. I find sticking a wedding invitation or holiday photograph of destinations I want to visit in a prominent place in the kitchen. This is a bit more subtle than a fat photograph of yourself and reminds you when you are tempted
    4. Use scales in the kitchen - it's amazing how easy it is to deceive oneself!
    5. I think it is a good idea to buy some new clothes when you are down a size or two. That way, you are reminded of what you have achieved and not to go back to old sizes. Chuck out the old stuff or give it away. Steve
    6. Life is too short so build in treats! Ok my weight loss is nice and slow but I don’t feel like I am on a diet or that I am depriving myself of anything (including chocolate and cheese. Lol!!!) Daniela
    7. Be honest with yourself. Ok, if you go over the required cals, but keep a record, it's the average calorie intake that matters. Colin
    8. It is not rocket science, but I am convinced that exercising is the key to success with sustained weight loss. I try to vary my routine, including the cross trainer and walking regularly, and cycling and swimming occasionally. Rob
    9. Always measure alcohol consumed at home carefully, as it is easy to fool yourself. Maureen
    10. Don’t ever give up! You are going to get bad days/weeks; it happens! Just get straight back on it and limit the damage. Joanna

Bonus Tip - my only tip really is to join up for the WLR 24 hour free trial and see for yourself. Everyone seems to adapt the site to their needs and if it works for me (never had much willpower and exercise was a bad word) then it has to be worth a try for everyone trying to lose either a few or a lot of kilos.
    Write everything down. Even (or especially) on bad/splurge days. It’s only if you write things down that you know what you are doing. I’m not saying don’t have the Peking Duck. I am saying, at least know what having the Peking Duck means.