Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree73Likes

PCOS Weight Loss

Discussions on "PCOS Weight Loss" in "Weight Loss Diet and Guide" forum.

Re: PCOS Weight Loss

i too have PCOS..diagnosed last year.the doc gv me hormon pills..but i dont want to continue wit tat.

Sponsored Links

Priyanka445 is offline Newbie

PLease do walking daily and wakeup early to have enough time to walk, atleast 40 mins...
    and keep continuing it. this keeps many prblems at bay.
    Maintaining healthy wt is imp to get pregnant and avoid miscarriages too.
    ---healthy wt= no pcos!---

drsurabhijain is offline Newbie

Hi all,

PCOD is a disorder which can be treated with hormonal therapy, Healthy diet and exercise. The basic concept which I use with my patients is Low carbohydrate, High Protein and High fibre diet. the diet should be design such that Your BMR should become more.

please go thorugh my blog if you want more details. You can also PM me.

Surabhi

gurupriya2000 and Yamunan like this.

drsurabhijain is offline Newbie

Hey do not worry..with healthy eating and exercise you can reduce weight.
    you can contact me

I can give you a good diet plan.
    Thanks
    Dr Surabhi jain

Last edited by Penmai; 5th Dec 2012 at 01:48 AM. Reason: personal contact info not allowed

geetha parthi is offline Newbie

suggest me some diet plan for weight loss. my weight s affecting my pragnancy

sumathisrini and sumitra like this.

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Quote Originally Posted by geetha parthi View Post

Hi Geetha!

In our site we have numerous thread for your query. I hv given the links below...

Weight Loss Diet : Plan Your Food

diet plan for weight loss

Indian Diet Plan for Fast Weight Loss

Weight loss Diet plan in 7 days

I am looking for healthy weight loss diet plan .

weight loss diet chart for indian women

Effective Weight Loss Guide

Geetha A likes this.

sarojavijay is offline Newbie

Hi geetha
    you can follow the Weight loss diet plan in 7 days. Link is in the above post by suma. My brother followed this diet and reduced nearly 5 kgs.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by geetha parthi View Post
    Dear Geetha, If you haven’t already changed your diet, use your pregnancy as a time to evaluate your overall eating habits and lifestyle and move towards healthier choices that will benefit you, your family and your baby both now and in the future.

Give up dieting but don’t fall into the trap of thinking you need to eat for two. The Department of Health suggest you only need an extra 200 calories each day – and that’s only in the last three months of your pregnancy! In reality, that’s equivalent to two slices of toast with low-fat spread, a banana and a pot of natural yogurt or a bowl of wholegrain cereal with semi-skimmed milk. Stick to a balanced, varied diet that includes lots of foods from each of the four main food groups. It’s vital to top up your nutrient stores to help you cope with the demands of labour – and a new baby.

If you were inactive before you became pregnant, now’s not the time to start strenuous exercise. However, being regularly active will help you to have a healthy pregnancy, easier labour and will help you get back in shape once you’ve given birth. Walking is the best option for you.

Keep on taking those folic acid supplements for the first 12 weeks of your pregnancy and eat more foods rich in this vitamin such as broccoli, spinach, sprouts, pulses, breakfast cereals, wholemeal bread and oranges. The good news is, these foods are also packed with other nutrients.

In addition to avoiding shark, marlin and swordfish and limiting tuna (see above) pregnant women should also have no more than two weekly portions of oily fish like salmon, sardines, trout and mackerel as they may contain chemicals such as dioxins. You should also avoid raw shellfish when you’re pregnant as it can sometimes contain bacteria and viruses that could cause food poisoning.

Pregnant women can become deficient in iron so make sure you have plenty of iron-rich foods in your diet. These include lean red meat, pulses, fortified breakfast cereals, vegetables and dried fruit. Although liver is rich in iron, you should avoid it when you are pregnant because it contains large amounts of vitamin A.

Avoid foods that may contain high levels of listeria, a germ that can cause miscarriage, stillbirth or severe illness in a newborn baby. These include soft mould-ripened cheese, such as Camembert, Brie, chevre (a type of goats cheese) and blue-veined cheese. You should also avoid all types of pâté as it may contain listeria. (Cheddar, Parmesan, feta, ricotta, mascarpone, cream cheese, mozzarella, cottage cheese and processed cheese are all fine, as are live or bio yogurts, probiotic drinks, fromage frais, crème fraiche and soured cream.)

Always cook eggs until the white and yolk are solid to prevent salmonella food poisoning – and don’t eat foods containing raw or partially cooked eggs.

Only eat meat that has been well cooked to prevent food poisoning. This is especially important for chicken, sausages, burgers and food made from minced meat.
    Cut down on caffeine as high intakes can result in low birth weight or miscarriage. The FSA recommends no more than 300mg caffeine daily – that’s the equivalent of three mugs of instant coffee, three cups of brewed coffee or six cups of tea. Limit caffeine-containing cola and energy drinks like Red Bull, too.If you or your family has a history of hayfever, asthma, eczema or other allergies, you may want to avoid eating peanuts while you are pregnant or breastfeeding.

Geetha A likes this.

GayathriArun is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Gayathri ArunPrakash

If you are pregnant now then this is NOT THE TIME TO LOOSE WEIGHT. You should concentrate in eating healthy.One of my muslim friend kept the fasting for Ramadan while she was pregnant, she was informed that the baby's growth was normal after all the neccessary checkups, but after the fasting when she consulted the doctor, she was advised to abort because the baby's growth was abnormal and if she gives birth the child will be physically and mentally handicapped. She dint have anyother choice otherthan abortion, it was very sad. So never go for such weight loss techniques when you are pregnant. This is the time you have to eat nutritious food for yourself and the foetus. If you eat healthy food you will not have 90% of the weight gained during pregnancy immediately after delivery. So try to loose weight ONLY after delivery.

Geetha A likes this.
    Gayathri ArunPrakash

ssanthis is offline Newbie

try balanced nutrition food. avoid junk food, processed food, sweets, soft drinks, bakery products, fried food and take natural and fresh fruits, vegetables.

within two weeks you will start getting benefit and post it for further suggestions