Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree73Likes

PCOS Weight Loss

Discussions on "PCOS Weight Loss" in "Weight Loss Diet and Guide" forum.

vaanya.g is offline Friends's of Penmai

Re: PCOS Weight Loss

Hi Shivani,

I was diagonised PCOS after marriage, and i didnt conceived, even i was in medication.I undergone follicular study and was advised to go for Laporoscopic surgery. After surgery i was conceived . U can consult a Gyanecologist. Hope for the best.

Vaanya

Sponsored Links
    sumitra and Bargavi like this.

ssanthis is offline Newbie

consume balanced nutrition food. consume less carbohydrate, sugar, salt and fat. consume more fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals, sufficient water. come to the active and exercise oriented life style.

sumathisrini and sumitra like this.

hormon pills may lead to hormonal imbalance.

consume good balanced nutrition avoid junk foods, soft drink of any brand and sweets. step in active and exercise oriented lifestyle. avoid vehicle for short distance.

take balanced nutrition food with less in carbohydrates, fat, sugar, salt and more of protein, green vegetables, fruits, beans, nuts etc.

sumathisrini, krrishna and sumitra like this.

Shinara is offline Newbie
    Real Name
    Dharini

hello dearies....... count me in...... another pcos sufferer. trying to reduce weight. my bmi is 29 and i want to drop it to 22...

sumitra likes this.

shirleydavid82 is offline Friends's of Penmai

all the best for your weight loss

cool123gal is offline Friends's of Penmai

hello friends can u tell which fruits and vegetables suitable for pco weight loss diet

coolbuddy21982 is offline Friends's of Penmai

Hi friends,
    7 months ago I had pcos and obesity (80 KGS) I consulted my doc she told me pcos is mainly due to obesity.once u reduce weight it will get cured, but this is tough as pcos also increases weight. So she gave me a tablet that maintains my cycle and parallely I had to reduce my weight. Believe me in 6 months I reduced 10 KGS and now I am alright. My program was as below

1. Gym for 1 hr- make sure you reduce at least 350kcal per day
    2. Diet- morning - lemon with hot water & honey in empty stomach.
    Breakfast - oats dosa / oats idli
    Lunch chapatti/ brown rice
    Dinner - oats with moong cal pongal

U can have all veggies including potatoes. Mainly oats reduces your cholesterol and avoid white rice/idli/dosa
    And dinner time not more than 8pm

All the best

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cool123gal View Post
    hello friends can u tell which fruits and vegetables suitable for pco weight loss diet
    Dear Cool, Green, leafy vegetables have the most nutrients per calorie than any other food. They are rich in iron, calcium, potassium, and magnesium, as well as vitamins K, C, E, and many of the B vitamins.Vitamin B in particular plays a vital role in managing PCOS symptoms. This is also worth a further discussion so I will write a separate post for it. Here are just some of the things that Vitamin B is responsible for: sugar and fat metabolism, thyroid function and hormone balance, amongst others. It plays a vital role in the management of PCOS.

Fruit is a rich source of fibre, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients and should be enjoyed as part of a PCOS diet. Many women with PCOS are reluctant to eat fruit or avoid fruit as it can cause a spike in blood sugar levels and therefore insulin.
    However, fruit still plays an important role in providing the nutrients we need to combat PCOS. So, try to eat fruit that has a lower GI and have a handful of seeds or nuts with your fruit as protein helps to regulate the sugar spike resulting from fruit.

Fruits like cherries, plums, grapes, apples, pears, dried apricots, coconut, coconut milk, kiwi fruit, oranges are very good for you.

Saranya Sekar is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Saranya Sekar

Hi frndz..
    Myself also diagonised with pcos 2 years from now. Still i'm suffering from it. As per my research and what my gynaecologist told me is, pcos is not due to obesity, obesity is due to pcos. We indians are brought up having food with more carbohydrates and sugar. Whenever we eat carbohydrates+sugar we are gaining weight and we are poisoning us in the form of food.

I'm struggling to lose my weight and I'm with a nutritionist to get rid of my weight. Pls take low carbohydrates. Rice is full of carbohydrates and sugar. Minimize your rice consumption and have plenty of fruits and vegetables. Divide your meals to 6 a day. Eat in less portion. Exercise regularly for atleast 45 mins a day. 20 kgs of body weight needs a litre of water. Calculate your weight drink water as per that throughout the day. Drink more water before noon and less after that. it helps to reduce weight and helps to flush out the toxins. Avoid sweets which is high in sugar.
    avoid whites:
    Rice
    Maida
    Sugar
    Try to Control your cravings. I'm on my battle now. Hope i'll win.
    try to bring the best of you to eliminate this.
    Good luck frnds..

sumathisrini and Rudhraa like this.
    "TALK TO YOURSELF ONCE IN A DAY
    OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS MEETING AN EXCELLENT PERSON IN THE WORLD"