Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree73Likes

PCOS Weight Loss

Discussions on "PCOS Weight Loss" in "Weight Loss Diet and Guide" forum.

Rudhraa is offline Moderator & Blogger Commander's of Penmai

Re: PCOS Weight Loss

Hi saranya, me too diagnosed with pcos...

doctors advice is to avoid carbohydrate rich foods and exercise.. thats the key to minimize the effects of PCOS.

Trying my best, but it is quite difficult to avoid cho from Indian food..

What's your food habit, let us know.. it will help others too.

Quote Originally Posted by Saranya Sekar View Post
    Hi frndz..
    Myself also diagonised with pcos 2 years from now. Still i'm suffering from it. As per my research and what my gynaecologist told me is, pcos is not due to obesity, obesity is due to pcos. We indians are brought up having food with more carbohydrates and sugar. Whenever we eat carbohydrates+sugar we are gaining weight and we are poisoning us in the form of food.

I'm struggling to lose my weight and I'm with a nutritionist to get rid of my weight. Pls take low carbohydrates. Rice is full of carbohydrates and sugar. Minimize your rice consumption and have plenty of fruits and vegetables. Divide your meals to 6 a day. Eat in less portion. Exercise regularly for atleast 45 mins a day. 20 kgs of body weight needs a litre of water. Calculate your weight drink water as per that throughout the day. Drink more water before noon and less after that. it helps to reduce weight and helps to flush out the toxins. Avoid sweets which is high in sugar.
    avoid whites:
    Rice
    Maida
    Sugar
    Try to Control your cravings. I'm on my battle now. Hope i'll win.
    try to bring the best of you to eliminate this.
    Good luck frnds..

Sponsored Links
    sumathisrini and sumitra like this.
    Universal Rule Never Change!
    What you send out, comes back.
    What you sow, you reap.
    What you give, you get.

Bagavad Gita Discussion Group| Must Read Motivational Books!

Rudhraa is offline Moderator & Blogger Commander's of Penmai

Hi frndz..
    20 kgs of body weight needs a litre of water. Calculate your weight drink water as per that throughout the day. Drink more water before noon and less after that. it helps to reduce weight and helps to flush out the toxins.
    This is new info to me.. will try..

sumathisrini and sumitra like this.
    Universal Rule Never Change!
    What you send out, comes back.
    What you sow, you reap.
    What you give, you get.

Bagavad Gita Discussion Group| Must Read Motivational Books!

Saranya Sekar is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Saranya Sekar

Hi Rudhraa..
    This is my first month diet chart. I've taken it for 30 days. With this chart i lose around 6kgs.
    Hope it will help..

Early morning : (as soon as you wake up) Drink atleast 2 glass of water
    Beverage: Tea or coffee with skim milk 100 ml, without sugar.
    Breakfast (8:30-9:30):Oats- 2 tablespoon, Oat bran- 2 tablespoon, Onion, Capsicum, Garlic- 2pods (Crushed), Salt
    (cook to porridge consistency)
    Mid morning (11:00-11:30): 250ml Buttermilk made of Skim milk curd (100 ml curd)
    30mins before lunch:
    Swallow one teaspoon of powdered fenugreek with water
    Lunch (12:00-1:00): Skim milk curd - 150ml, Dhal & Dry beans - 2 tablespoon each (Soak Dhal & Dry beans)- cook it as you like
    On Non veg days- Substitute Dhal with Non veg: Chicken breast without skin - 150gm/Egg whites- 3/Fish-200gm
    & vegetables (Free)
    Evening beverage (3:30-4:30):Tea or Coffee with skim milk without sugar.
    Supper (5:30-6:30): Whole wheat bread-4 slices/ Roti- 2 & Vegetables (Free)
    Dinner (Before 7:45) : Vegetables (Free) can be in any form. (Salad/ soup) & 1 Fruit
    30 mts before bed (optional): Skim milk- 200 ml without sugar

I followed this chart for 30 days. This was given by a Nutritionist. This chart is high in protein and low in fat & carb.

sumathisrini, Rudhraa and sumitra like this.
    "TALK TO YOURSELF ONCE IN A DAY
    OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS MEETING AN EXCELLENT PERSON IN THE WORLD"

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hi Rudhraa..
    This is my first month diet chart. I've taken it for 30 days. With this chart i lose around 6kgs.
    Hope it will help..

Breakfast (8:30-9:30):Oats- 2 tablespoon, Oat bran- 2 tablespoon, Onion, Capsicum, Garlic- 2pods (Crushed), Salt
    Mid morning (11:00-11:30): 250ml Buttermilk made of Skim milk curd (100 ml curd)
    30mins before lunch:
    Lunch (12:00-1:00): Skim milk curd - 150ml, Dhal & Dry beans - 2 tablespoon each (Soak Dhal & Dry beans)- cook it as you like
    On Non veg days- Substitute Dhal with Non veg: Chicken breast without skin - 150gm/Egg whites- 3/Fish-200gm
    & vegetables (Free)
    Dinner (Before 7:45) : Vegetables (Free) can be in any form. (Salad/ soup) & 1 Fruit

I followed this chart for 30 days. This was given by a Nutritionist. This chart is high in protein and low in fat & carb.
    Hi Saranya sekhar, wonderful diet chart. very helpful. thank you for sharing.

Rudhraa likes this.

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Hi Rudhraa..
    Hope it will help..

30mins before lunch:
    & vegetables (Free)

Dear Saranya!

Thanks for sharing this diet chart with us. It'll be useful to many members.

Rudhraa likes this.

Real Name
    Saranya Sekar

Thanks for your wonderful comment sumitra

Real Name
    Saranya Sekar

Thanks for your comment Sumathi

sumathisrini likes this.

Jamesfredette is offline Newbie

stop consuming fat, sugar, alcohol, and other hazardous things that may make your weight more and more increased

sumathisrini likes this.

hema1327 is offline Newbie

Hi friends,
    this is my experience with pcos. When I came to Kuwait I was 63kgs. after that my weight is rapidly increasing due to stress in work new place etc. I was diagnosed as pcos and dr told me to reduce weight. It was 7 yrs before.i couldn't get pregnant I was 88kgs in these years.i tried so many things.

After that my friend told me that in Salem in tamilnadu there is one physiotherapist (doing acupuncture also) treating diabetes completely. she went for her mother to him and asked about pcos also. He is treating with diet and acupuncture and told that pcos is not a problem at all for conceiving.
    my friend was surprised. He said within 6 months he can cure her through his treatment but she must take acupuncture also. My friend couldn't stay in Salem so she asked is there any diet to follow.
    He said don't eat wheat and wheat products such as wheat, maida, processed foods, tinned foods,milk and milk products 1month. U can see the difference of reduction of weight. My friend told me this diet and I followed it for 1 month very strictly also I took banana in the morning, afternoon kollu kanji if too much hungry I had some other fruits and veg salads. Nite I took rice with normal curry and veg and non veg side dishes but all are in small quantity.
    I didn't do any exercises.
    really after a month of doin this I reduced 5 kgs .i was surprised. I did so many diets an exercises before like walking in treadmill for 45min, Tibetan exercises etc etc. but this diet is amazing. I reduced my weight meanwhile I was taking treatment for getting pregnant. Everybody told I had to go for ovarian drilling or IVF finally. But dr gave me Clomid and I got injections and after my weight is reduced I had good response for the treatment . Now I'm pregnant for 6months and that too twins.
    this is my experience with pcos and after 7long years I became pregnant. So friends don't loose ur confidence with pcos. Everybody can't able to go for IVF coz its really expensive and not 100%sure treatment.im not telling you follow this diet but at least try this. Kollu kanji preparation is buy kollu and soak it till the sprigs has come(mollai katrathu ) .after this place these in the shadowy sun and dried it and grind it in the mixie. Keep thisowder and make kanji with hot water. I put salt in kanji if u want u can add jagery also. This will reduce heat in the body caused by kollu.
    Friends, don't think pcos is a big dissease and get upset. Try ur level best in this. Take treatment for pregnancy and at the same time follow the diet which is suitable for you.aim u want a baby.always think about the baby this will motivate u very much. Reduce at least 5kgs u will get good response in treatment. Than main and very important is pray to god. I told karparakshambigai stotram and did 16 weeks Monday shiva viratham for 2years.3year I got babies. So not only one thing is useful for pcos. Try all the stuffs together like diet, praying to god, motivate ur self etc etc. defiantly friends u will get the baby.
    one more also is that our karma in the past and our forefathers karma (both hus and wife) also coming to us as a gift. We are not only sharing our ancestors wealth but also the karma good or bad.also our own mistakes in early times all together come to us in an important matter like baby. So friends pray to god and do virathams and some poojas to reduce this.
    You will defiantly get good healthy baby.All the best.
    if I'm wrong in any of these please forgive me coz what my experience I wrote in this forum...

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Quote Originally Posted by hema1327 View Post
    Hi friends,
    this is my experience with pcos. When I came to Kuwait I was 63kgs. after that my weight is rapidly increasing due to stress in work new place etc. I was diagnosed as pcos and dr told me to reduce weight. It was 7 yrs before.i couldn't get pregnant I was 88kgs in these years.i tried so many things.

After that my friend told me that in Salem in tamilnadu there is one physiotherapist (doing acupuncture also) treating diabetes completely. she went for her mother to him and asked about pcos also. He is treating with diet and acupuncture and told that pcos is not a problem at all for conceiving.
    my friend was surprised. He said within 6 months he can cure her through his treatment but she must take acupuncture also. My friend couldn't stay in Salem so she asked is there any diet to follow.
    He said don't eat wheat and wheat products such as wheat, maida, processed foods, tinned foods,milk and milk products 1month. U can see the difference of reduction of weight. My friend told me this diet and I followed it for 1 month very strictly also I took banana in the morning, afternoon kollu kanji if too much hungry I had some other fruits and veg salads. Nite I took rice with normal curry and veg and non veg side dishes but all are in small quantity.
    I didn't do any exercises.
    really after a month of doin this I reduced 5 kgs .i was surprised. I did so many diets an exercises before like walking in treadmill for 45min, Tibetan exercises etc etc. but this diet is amazing. I reduced my weight meanwhile I was taking treatment for getting pregnant. Everybody told I had to go for ovarian drilling or IVF finally. But dr gave me Clomid and I got injections and after my weight is reduced I had good response for the treatment . Now I'm pregnant for 6months and that too twins.
    this is my experience with pcos and after 7long years I became pregnant. So friends don't loose ur confidence with pcos. Everybody can't able to go for IVF coz its really expensive and not 100%sure treatment.im not telling you follow this diet but at least try this. Kollu kanji preparation is buy kollu and soak it till the sprigs has come(mollai katrathu ) .after this place these in the shadowy sun and dried it and grind it in the mixie. Keep thisowder and make kanji with hot water. I put salt in kanji if u want u can add jagery also. This will reduce heat in the body caused by kollu.
    Friends, don't think pcos is a big dissease and get upset. Try ur level best in this. Take treatment for pregnancy and at the same time follow the diet which is suitable for you.aim u want a baby.always think about the baby this will motivate u very much. Reduce at least 5kgs u will get good response in treatment. Than main and very important is pray to god. I told karparakshambigai stotram and did 16 weeks Monday shiva viratham for 2years.3year I got babies. So not only one thing is useful for pcos. Try all the stuffs together like diet, praying to god, motivate ur self etc etc. defiantly friends u will get the baby.
    one more also is that our karma in the past and our forefathers karma (both hus and wife) also coming to us as a gift. We are not only sharing our ancestors wealth but also the karma good or bad.also our own mistakes in early times all together come to us in an important matter like baby. So friends pray to god and do virathams and some poojas to reduce this.
    You will defiantly get good healthy baby.All the best.
    if I'm wrong in any of these please forgive me coz what my experience I wrote in this forum...

Thanks for sharing your experience with us Hema, it'll be more useful to our friends.

hema1327 and vijivedachalam like this.