How To Reduce Belly Fat
Discussions on "How To Reduce Belly Fat" in "Weight Loss Diet and Guide" forum.
1st May 2012, 12:03 PM #1
How To Reduce Belly Fat
Belly fat is always a major area of concern for women. They always want to find ways to slim this area down in a quick and permanent way. Here are some valuable tips on how to lose belly fat for women.
How to lose belly fat for women is a process that has two parts. The first of these is a healthy diet that is low in calories and high in vitamins and nutrients. This does not involve skipping meals or necessarily cutting down, but eating differently. The second part of learning how to lose belly fat for women involves a great exercise plan that involves activities or exercises that focus on trimming the waist.
Changing regular eating habits is a great way to learn how to lose belly fat for women. Avoid fad diets. These are not a great way to learn how to lose belly fat for women because they are often hard or dangerous to maintain on a long-term level. Once stopped, they usually cause a large amount of rebound weight gain.
A better way to learn how to lose belly fat for women is to alter eating habits in a way that can be maintained permanently. Avoid processed and greasy foods, as well as sweets. Replace these with healthy snacks that are low in calories that you like and can eat for a long period of time.
The Diet Solution Program has a great tutorial on how to lose belly fat for women. This program shows women how to replace eating habits with healthy ones that will slim their midsection without leaving them hungry.
The best way to learn how to lose belly fat for women is to integrate a slimming workout into their lifestyle on a permanent level. These exercises don’t have to be tedious, but they have to contain two parts in order to be a solution to the question of how to lose belly fat for women: cardio and waist-slimming exercises.
Cardio is one of the best methods to use when trying to not only to lose belly fat, but any kind of fat at all. This workout method naturally burns calories and fat. There is nothing better. The other part of the exercise plan on how to lose belly fat for women is to make sure to do exercises that focus on your waistline. These can be as simple as crunches or as complicated as full waist-trimming exercise routines. They just need to be a plan that can be initiated and maintained on a long-term basis. The Diet Solution Program teaches you how to integrate exercise programs of these kinds into your life and keep up with them regularly. There are a variety of types of exercise you can do as well.
The Diet Solution Program is a great system for teaching how to lose belly fat for women. It actually works, and not only for fast weight loss, but for permanent weight loss as well. And that area is one that women are concerned with for pretty much their entire life. A lifestyle change is the only thing that will permanently increase a woman’s confidence regarding her waistline.
1st May 2012, 12:06 PM #2
15 Great Ways To Loose Belly Fat Fast.....1. Keep a note of everything that you eat and drink. You do not need to estimate calories. Just write down what it was that you had and the approximate quantity. You will find that being more aware of what you are eating helps you to plan healthy meals and snacks.
2. Have your intake of all pure or added fats. This means using half as much butter or spread on your bread, toast, muffins and potatoes; half the usual amount of mayonnaise or sauce on your salad; and half the oil in the frypan every time.
3. Limit treats containing sugar to three times per week. This includes chocolate, ice cream, desserts, cake, pastries, cookies, etc.
4. Include a lower fat source of protein at most meals: chicken, fish, beans, cottage cheese, or low fat yogurt. Have eggs, nuts and red meat occasionally but not every day.
5. Plan at least one lunch and dinner every week without meat or cheese. Build those meals around whole grains, vegetables and beans to increase fiber and reduce fat.
6. Reduce the fat content in your milk products. If you are currently drinking whole milk, reduce to 2% fat. From 2% reduce to 1%. Choose lower fat cheese and yogurt. When you buy yogurt, also check that it does not contain sugar.
7. Have at least two servings of fruit every day. This can be for dessert or snacks. Choose fruit that is in season.
8. Drink water instead of sodas, juices, milky drinks or alcohol. Avoid diet soda - the sweet taste only encourages you to crave sugar. Hot water with a slice of lemon can be very refreshing in the morning.
9. Include at least two servings of vegetables at lunch and dinner. If you are getting hungry, have more.
10. Eat slowly. The body is slow to register when you are full and it is easy to eat too much if you are racing through your meals.
11. Grated carrot makes a great snack. You will find that a grated carrot is much more filling than a whole carrot. Strange but true.
12. Use whole grains wherever possible. The fiber will give you a fuller feeling and also help your digestion.
13. Choose food that you can chew. Again this will increase your fiber intake, and the act of chewing will make you feel more satisfied too. This means eating fruit instead of drinking juice. If you have soup, make sure it is chunky.
14. Plan your meals and snacks ahead of time. Plan your shopping too - make a list of what you need and stick to it. If you just grab something when you are feeling hungry, you will probably choose high calorie food.
15. Always switch off the TV when you eat. That includes snacks as well as meals. Studies have proved that we eat larger portions in front of the TV, probably because we are much less aware of what we are eating. When you eat, only eat if you want to lose belly fat fast.
1st May 2012, 12:08 PM #3
6 Ways to Burn Your Belly Fat Fast
Article By Jennifer
One of the most common questions I get is how to lose belly fat. Belly fat is actually the most dangerous type of fat – besides aesthetics, large waist lines are indicators of –disease-disease-disease.
It takes more than just crunches! We start to gain weight in our midsection when our cortisol levels spike. Stress is one of the primary culprits for high levels of cortisol secretion. When this happens cortisol breaks downs lean muscle (the type of tissue that burns calories most efficiently) and also holds on to fat storage in the abdominal region. That stress can even get WORSE with bad dieting; studies show that the stress caused by dieting can increase cortisol levels, making no change in belly fat even with calorie restriction. So how do you shape up? Incorporate these 6 things below and you will be on your way to a flatter belly in no time flat!
If you want to work late at night, think again. When your biorhythms are off, you end up eating more. When you’re tired you produce more ghrelin, which triggers cravings for sugar and other fat-building foods. Losing sleep can also alter your hormone production, affecting your cortisol levels that cause insulin sensitivity, prime reasons for belly fat! Getting about 7 hours of sleep a night is one of the best things you can do for your body shaping goals.
2. Short bursts of exercises
1000 crunches a night may get you strong abdominal muscles, but with a full layer of fat on top, you will not get the results you really want. Instead of all those crunches, do exercises that engage multiple muscle groups and work your cardiovascular system. Try planking, where you hold yourself in a push-up position, resting your forearms on the ground. Try 3 or 4 sets of holding for 30 seconds each. Getting up and moving throughout the day by going for walks will also help.
3. Sugar is your Enemy
Fighting belly fat is 80% healthy diet. Reduce calories by filling yourself up with protein, vegetables, whole grains, and replacing bad habit snacks with good ones. For example, if you have a sugar craving, replace your calorie laden latte with a Muscle Milk lite, one of my favorites, because it has zero sugar and a ton of protein that will satiate while also torching my sugar craving! Another great trick is a sprinkle of cinnamon in your morning coffee or oatmeal- the spice has been shown to help stabilize blood sugar. It also slows the rate at which food exits the stomach, which helps you feel fuller longer.
4. Vitamin C
When you’re under extreme stress, you secret more cortisol hormone. Vitamin C helps balance the cortisol spikes that happen to you under this stress. Besides being a good way to counteract a cold, Vitamin C is also essential for making carnitine, a compound used by the body to turn fat into fuel, making this vitamin your fat burning friend.
If you’re going through an emotional crisis, stress from work, or a bad eating splurge, increase your vitamin C – it’ll help counteract the negative side effects. Try bell peppers, kale or kiwi fruits. These have even more Vitamin C than the famous Orange!
5. Eat Fat
Yup, you heard me! It takes fat to burn fat. Like I said above, it’s sugar that gets you fat, not fat. Good fats include foods rich in Omega 3′s, like salmon, avocados & walnuts. These foods are full of nutrients that help keep you satiated throughout the day.
6. Slowing down your breath
This is a very simple method that you can use even when you’re in the midst of doing something else. Whenever you notice you’re feeling tense and uptight check and see how you’re breathing. Most people under stress either alternate holding their breath with short breaths, or take rapid shallow breaths. After you become aware of your own breathing, consciously relax your belly and slow down the breathing. This works best if you focus on slowing down the exhalation rather than your inhalation. With each exhalation you can say to yourself “slow down”. That is all there is to it- Simple but surprisingly effective!!!
1st May 2012, 12:10 PM #4
Indian Foods That Reduce Belly Fat
Belly fat, or visceral fat, is a common problem area for weight loss-seekers. While trimming abdominal fat may enhance your appearance, doing so may benefit your physical health most. Carrying excess abdominal fat increases your risk for insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes and heart disease, according to Harvard Health Publications. Fortunately, healthy dietary changes and increased physical activity are effective remedies. Indian foods can enhance your efforts if you choose and prepare your foods wisely.
Whole Grain Breads and Rice
Unlike refined grains, such as enriched flour, whole grains are complex carbohydrate sources that provide rich amount of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Emphasizing complex carbohydrates is an important dietary step toward managing belly fat, according to Harvard Health Publications. Indian foods made with whole grains include brown and white basmati rice and breads made with chapati flour, which is made from whole wheat. You can also prepare healthy whole grain rice pudding dessert by replacing whole or sweetened-condensed milk with skim or low-fat milk and white rice with brown rice in traditional recipes. When dining out, request whole wheat breads, such as tandoori roti and chapatis, without butter or oil.
Lean Meat, Fish and Lentils
Protein-rich foods enhance lean tissue growth and fullness between meals. MayoClinic.com recommends cutting back on saturated fat, prevalent in red meat, egg yolks and high-fat dairy products, if you wish to prevent or manage abdominal weight gain. Many low-fat Indian foods contain valuable amounts of protein. Mridula Baljekar, Indian chef and author of "Indian Cooking Without the Fat," suggests preparing curry dishes with fish or lentils rather than beef or lamb and using natural spices, such as curry powder blends, turmeric, garlic and pepper, rather than salt or butter for seasoning. At Indian restaurants, ask for curry dishes with tomato-based sauces rather than creamy sauces, which are often made with heavy cream or whole milk. You may also enjoy grilled poultry and fish, which are typically marinated in yogurt and grilled in a clay oven known as a tandoor.
Fruits and Vegetables
Fruits and vegetables are important for belly fat loss and weight loss in general. Baljekar recommends adding a variety of colorful vegetables, such as leafy greens, tomatoes and bell peppers, to curries and serving meals with fresh veggie salad topped with raita -- a yogurt-based salad dressing. Requesting "more vegetables" when dining out can help you manage portion sizes of denser foods and allow you to consume more food volume without reaping excessive fat and calories. Fresh fruit, such as mangos and bananas, provide healthy side dish and dessert options. For a nutritious on-the-go breakfast or hearty snack option, create your own mango shakes with pure mango pulp, which is high in nutrients and fiber and cubed mango and low-fat milk.
1st May 2012, 12:12 PM #5
How to lose Belly Fat with Ayurveda
According to ayurveda, belly fat is caused due to an array of reasons which cause an increase in the kapha dosha. Lack of exercise, sleeping in the afternoons, and an unhealthy diet and lifestyle can collectively lead to this state. There are many ways to lose belly fat with ayurveda which are based upon diet and lifestyle regulations.
How to lose Belly Fat with Ayurveda
- Foods such as sweets, sweetened drinks, carbohydrate and oil rich foods increase kapha and medha (body fat) and must be avoided.
- Consume more wheat products than rice products. Use green gram and horse gram to reduce kapha and medha.
- Consume two teaspoons of honey with a glass of ‘weight-reducing’ herbal tea to aid weight loss.
- Take one glass of water every hour from the time you get up.
- Minimise your salt intake and milk based products such as ice-creams and butter.
- Ayurvedic practitioners suggest that one must consume two fruits in the morning and one fruit every evening to lose belly fat.
- Use a lot of cinnamon, ginger and pepper in your cooking.
- Avoid the afternoon siesta to avoid slowing of basal metabolic rate and burn more calories.
- Massage the belly with lavanthailam, known to be effective in disintegrating stubborn belly fat. Wash it off after 15 minutes with warm water.
- Take 15 ml of varadi, a tonic and mix it with 60 ml boiled and cooled water. Add honey and have a spoonful every morning and evening. Rest for 15 minutes after taking this.
- Add one spoon of triphala chooran to water and boil it. Take it with honey after every meal.
- Drink a glass of warm water when you get up. This is very effective for reducing belly fat.
- Grind horse gram to a fine powder. Add it to heated sour buttermilk and apply this paste over the belly and massage vigorously in upward strokes. Horse gram is highly effective in reducing body fat. Bathe in warm water bath half an hour after the massage.
- Abstain from non-vegetarian food as far as possible.
- Exercises such as swimming, walking, and jogging also contribute to weight loss along with the above mentioned ayurvedic remedies to reduce belly fat.
7th May 2012, 03:33 PM #6Friends's of Penmai
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
Re: How To Reduce Belly Fat
The exercises which you have mentioned are very effective if we do them on daily basis.These exercises are really helpful in reducing fat of thighs.I have reduced mine by running and skipping.Now, I am a very healthy man.