Indian Weight Loss Diet
Discussions on "Indian Weight Loss Diet" in "Weight Loss Diet and Guide" forum.
16th May 2012, 10:46 AM #1
- Real Name
- Parasakthi KS
- Join Date
- May 2010
- Blog Entries
Indian Weight Loss Diet
Indian Weight Loss Diet Plan
Some of the dietary tips for weight loss in Indians are:
- Eating in moderation is very important, this helps to keep the body in balance, and nutritionally satisfied hence aiding in healthy weight loss.
- Cutting down on empty calorie food items. i.e. the items which are high in calorie but zero in nutritional value like soft drinks, alcohol.
- Incorporating plenty of green leafy vegetables and fruits in the diet will give vitamins and minerals in abundance and all this with plenty of fiber. Hence providing bulk to our meal and aiding weight loss.
- It takes 20 minutes for the brain to realize that our stomach is full. So if we simply extend the time of a meal, we will end up eating food in the right quantity according to the requirement of the body. Or else we can simply add salads and soups to every meal, and start the meal with these two items, finish them and then jump on the actual meal.
- Drinking 2-3 glasses of water just before the meal curbs appetite is a commonly followed myth. This is entirely wrong. Water has high mobility inside the body, it quickly moves to the intestine leaving the stomach empty again. Hence this practice should be stopped.
- Proteins play a very vital role in weight loss. If protein is restricted from the diet, our muscle mass will be lost, where in the fat mass will be as it is. Hence incorporating protein through food items that are low in calorie is very imporant (example: skimmed milk).
- Fats should be restricted to minimum allowance but should not be completely stopped as they form an integral part of our hormones and their deficiency may alter the body causing hormonal imbalance, further leading to gain in weight.
- Plenty of fluids in the form of soups, fruit juices, milk, dals etc should be taken in between the meals , this will help in keeping the hunger pangs away.
- Simple changes in our cooking methods can do wonders in keeping the caloric content to the minimum. Baking, grilling, steaming and other healthier methods should be used instead of deep frying.
- For the best effect and healthy weight loss, you should always seek the help of a professional instead of blindly following someone else's diet or other diet myths.