Late Night Snacks For Weight Loss Ė 5 Healthy Choices Made Easy

Late night snacking is very common and itís one of the reasons people are overweight. Itís not entirely bad to snack on something late at night, because our bodies do need energy all the time, the problem is most people snack on something that is very high in calories and carbs. Snacks like leftover pizza or blueberry muffins with milk will really increase that waistline especially if you donít work that off with any kind of exercise.
Ideally, if you want to lose weight fast, itís best to skip out on late night snacking. But for most people, thatís impossible. For whatever reason, people just have to munch on something late at night sometimes. This can be okay and you can still lose weight if you choose snacks low in calories, carbohydrates, and sugar. Here are some great-tasting late night snacks for weight loss.

1. Yogurt
Plain non-fat Greek yogurt is best as it has the lowest amount of sugar and calories. Though it does have a rather bland taste, you can actually make it taste great by adding all-natural ingredients like granola crumbs and chunks, strawberries, blueberries, whipped cream. A good brand to look out for is Stonyfield Farms.

2. Cottage cheese
I donít know about you, but I love cottage cheese and I can eat it up all by itself, though itís usually served with other foods. If you like cottage cheese, chances are youíll like it by itself. Cottage cheese is low in calories, fat, has very few carbs and sugar, with a good amount of protein. Look for cottage cheese with the lowest amount of fat, I like to eat 2% fat as itís my happy middle, to me 0% just doesnít work for me . I will usually snack on about 1 cup of cottage cheese any given night, itís about 100 calories.

3. Peanut butter
Peanut butter is very good to eat for those who want to lose weight. It is very low in sugar and carbs, and has some protein to boot. However, peanut butter is very calorie dense at about 180 calories per full tablespoon. If you choose organic peanut butter you might also get essential fatty acids from mono and polyunsaturated fats (good fats) which helps you lose weight faster. I find peanut butter is a very good appetite suppressant.

4. Fruits
Like strawberries, grapes, apples are great choices to snack on late at night. Fruits are high in fiber, which is an essential ingredient to help people lose weight. Most people are lacking in fiber which is one reason the obesity rate is so high in America especially.

5. Chocolate
The dark kind that has less milk. Dark chocolate has many antioxidants and the more natural the chocolate the less sugar it actually has and it still gets your sweet cravings out of the way. It makes for a tasty late night snack that will not increase that waistline, and who doesnít like chocolate?