Fat Burning Foods
Discussions on "Fat Burning Foods" in "Weight Loss Diet and Guide" forum.
2nd Aug 2011, 02:10 PM #1
- Real Name
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Blog Entries
Fat Burning Foods
Fat Burning Foods
Fat burning foods are foods that burn more calories than the calorie content of the food itself, thereby fighting stored fat.
If you skip meals and food, it will slow your metabolism and your health will deteriorate.
There are certain foods which actually burn more fat than the calorie content of the food itself. These fat burning foods are natural plant foods. If you eat these fat burning foods and do some exercise, it will boost your metabolism and burn more calories (fat) at a faster rate for several hours even after exercise. Full list of the fat burning foods is available.
List of Foods that burn fat: Fat Fighers
- Fruits rich in vitamin C - Citrus Fruits: like limes, lemons, oranges, guava, grapefruit, papaya, sweet lime, tangerines and tomatoes are rich in Vitamin C and fibre and have fat burning properties so they may be called as fat burning foods or fat burners or fat fighters.
Vitamin C helps the body process fat faster and also stimulates the carnitine amino acid which speeds up the body's fat-burning capacity.
Vitamin C dilutes the fat and makes it less effective and helps in releasing the fat from the body.
- Apples: Pectin in apple restricts the cells to absorb the fat; and also encourages water absorption from the food which helps in releasing the fat deposits from the body. The antioxidants in apples may help prevent metabolic syndrome, a condition marked by excess belly fat or an apple body shape.
- Calcium Rich Dairy Products: Calcium in dairy products like milk, cheese and yogurt act as fat burner that can boost weight loss by increasing fat breakdown in fat cells. According to Professor Michael Zemel at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, (Obesity Research, April 2004; vol 12; pp 582-590), a dairy-rich diet with same calorie restriction can nearly double the rate of weight and fat loss. Eating 3-4 servings of dairy products a day is more effective at enhancing weight loss efforts than calcium supplementation alone. Dairy products may therefore be termed as fat burning foods or fat burners.
The researchers found:
Overweight people who consumed 3 servings a day of calcium-rich dairy lost more belly fat than those who followed a similar diet minus two or more of the dairy servings. The calcium supplements didn't work as well as milk.
- Nuts help feel full while also increasing the body's ability to burn fat, says author Jordi Salas-Salvado of the University of Rovira i Virgili in Reus, Spain.
- Chilies: Foods containing chillies or cayanne pepper are considered to be as foods that burn fat. Chillies contain capsaicin that helps in increasing the metabolism. Capsaicin is a thermogenic food, so it causes the body to burn extra calories for 20 minutes after you eat the chilies.
- Cardamom: Cardamom is a thermogenic herb like Capsaicin that increases metabolism and helps burn body fat.
- Curry leaves (Curry Patta): Curry leaves flush out fat and toxins, reducing fat deposits in the body.
- Garlic: An effective fat burning food.
- Proteins: Protein rich foods and high fiber foods are best foods burning belly fat. Protein needs more energy to digest than fat so eat low calorie dairy products, beans, whole grains, oatmeal, eggs, etc. as much as possible.
Lentils are high in protein and soluble fiber, two nutrients that stabilize blood sugar levels, therefore lentils are a great tummy flattener," according to Tanya Zuckerbrot, R.D., author of The F-Factor Diet.
- Green Tea: Studies show that green tea revs up your metabolism, so drink several cups a day.
- Fish oil: Fish oil supplements are a great way to shed pounds. A recent study found that fish oil is great for helping your body burn fat more efficiently. You may lose up to 2 kg over 3 months.
- Some of the other foods that may be included in the list of fat burning foods are asparagus, beet root, broccoli, cabbage, carrot, chillies, beans, soybeans, sweet potatoes, blueberries and watermelon.
- Honey: Honey mobilises the extra fat deposits in the body.
- Avoid Salt and Sugar: Avoiding salt and sugar can shape you up very fast.
Note that in order to lose weight you have to burn more calories than you consume. This can be done by eating fat fighting foods and doing some physical activity. This will help your body burning up the excessive stored fat.
29th Aug 2011, 01:16 PM #2Newbie
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
Re: Fat Burning Foods
Well, eat foods that curb the appetite and thus help you lose excess stored fat. Another fat burning foods will be oatmeal. That is not exactly a favorite option for the masses.