Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine October! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kumari venkat

Healthy tips to reduce weight

Discussions on "Healthy tips to reduce weight" in "Weight Loss Diet and Guide" forum.

kumari venkat is offline Newbie

Healthy tips to reduce weight

Ayurveda weight loss tips

a. Use of barley, green gram, red gram and horse gram is recommended
    b. Honey is recommended in minor doses
    c. Always drink warm water to eliminate the toxins

d. For cooking use sesame oil/mustard oil. Spices like turmeric, black pepper, ginger and rock salt are advised for weight management.

e. Vegetables with astringent, bitter and pungent taste; soup with such vegetables as diet improve weight loss
    f. Avoid sweets prepared from wheat, cakes, pastries, milk and sugar, cold drinks, alcohol, deep fried foods and non vegetarian diet.
    g. An active physical life is very important to prevent and manage weight gain. Staying awake at night and sleeping in the day will increase fat accumulation which in turn ends up in obesity.
    h. Ayurveda recommends herbs like Amrutha (Tinospora cordifolia), Mustaa (Cyperus rotundsa) Haritaki (Terminalia Chebula), Bibhitaka (Terminalia belerica) and Aamalaka (Embica officinalis) for prevention and management of this condition.

i. Ayurveda recommends a special weight loss recipe called “Takra Arishta” – Fermented buttermilk for active weight loss

More than everything I strongly recommend the SIMPLE APPLE DIET which is very effective and a safe weight loss diet for lactating mothers. Just take one apple before breakfast, two before lunch and one before dinner followed by your regular food intake. Take this for 120 days you will lose at lease about 5-7 kg without any exercise.

credits: Dr Gowthaman, Medical Director, Dr Gowthaman’s Ayurveda Panchakarma Center, Chennai,