Natural Ways To Lose Weight
Discussions on "Natural Ways To Lose Weight" in "Weight Loss Diet and Guide" forum.
4th Jan 2013, 12:16 PM #1
Natural Ways To Lose WeightColor and Weight Loss
Would you believe that color of your plate and kitchen/dining room could have an influence on your weight?
There has been studies linking color and appetite. Color blue is believe to suppresses appetite and colors yellow and red enhances our appetite.
So eating on a blue plate may help you eat less.
Last edited by Nishahameetha; 4th Jan 2013 at 12:47 PM.
4th Jan 2013, 12:19 PM #2
Re: Natural Ways to Lose WeightCooking Methods and Weight LossThe way you cook your food determines how much nutrient it retains and also your weight loss success.
Always choose food which is:
- Raw when possible (Fruits and Vegetables)
Avoid food that is:
4th Jan 2013, 12:20 PM #3
Re: Natural Ways to Lose WeightWater Therapy for weight lossWater therapy has been used from ancient times to cleanse our body of all toxic waste and lose the excess weight.
The process of doing this is to consume 4-6 glasses of water the first thing in the morning as soon as you get up bed before doing anything else. Yes, this is done even before brushing your teeth. So make sure to clean your teeth thoroughly before you go to bed the previous night. Make sure to start slow. You might not be able to start with 1.5 litres of water the first day. Drink as much as you can comfortably. Then slowly increase it every day. It is important not to eat or drink anything within an hour doing this water therapy.
This will help cleanse your body, help get rid of the excess weight and also give you a glowing skin and more energy to face the day.
Make sure to consult with your doctor before you start this water treatment.
4th Jan 2013, 12:21 PM #4
Re: Natural Ways to Lose Weight
Keep up your Weight Loss Resolution
Many of you are committed to losing weight this New Year and determined to keep it off.
Here are some of the tips to help you to naturally lose weight and maintain your ideal weight.
- Visualize yourself fit and healthy. Having an image in your mind on what you want to look like and feel like after you reach your ideal weight will provide you the motivation to not only get started on your weight loss journey, but also to keep it up.
- Set Goals. Set a goal weight you want to reach within a certain period of time. Start with your dream weight goal. Then break it down into smaller goals to achieve say each week. This helps you to have the bigger picture in mind,but at the same time have small measurable goals throughout your journey and celebrate small victories.
- Eat what you enjoy. It is very important to come up with a meal plan that you will enjoy so that you not only will lose weight but will continue to maintain your weight loss. Come up with a daily calorie budget that you want to stay within. Make sure you plan each meal to include a healthy lean protein, good fat in moderation, fruits and vegetable and a whole grain carbohydrate. You will be amazed at how good some of the healthy foods taste. Try some new health food each week or month. Add a new vegetable or fruit. There are so many amazing foods in nature that are so delicious and at the same time so good for you. Enjoy them. But make sure you log all the food you eat and stay within your daily allowance.
- Enjoy your exercise. Exercise can easily become a chore for some and your mind keeps working on new ways/reasons on how to avoid it. But if your exercise involves an activity which you enjoy and do it with your loved ones you will look forward to doing it everyday. So make sure you pick something you enjoy, but keep challenging yourself.
- Celebrate Success. The biggest motivation to keep up your weight loss goal is to reward yourself for every milestone you achieve in your journey. Remember to not reward yourself with food but with something small your enjoy and cherish and which pushes you to stay motivated in your journey.
4th Jan 2013, 12:23 PM #5
Re: Natural Ways to Lose WeightLose weight naturally with KaleKale is one of nature's wonders which is packed with all the goodness you will need to stay healthy and at the same time lose weight in a natural and healthy way.
Kale is very high in fiber. This helps you to feel full for a longer amount of time.
Kale is rich in beta-carotene, calcium, iron and is also a good source of Vitamin C, folic acid, manganese, potassium and Vitamin B6.
Kale has a low calorie density for all the abundance of nutrients it provides. One cup of cooked kale contains about 36 calories. So this is definitely one of the foods you want to add to your meal plans to stay fit and reach your ideal weight.
4th Jan 2013, 12:25 PM #6
Re: Natural Ways to Lose WeightTop vegetables for Weight Loss
Vegetables are packed with nutrients and have a low calorie density. Adding more vegetables to your daily diet is the easiest way to lose weight.
Here are some of the Top vegetables for Weight Loss:
- Collard greens
4th Jan 2013, 12:28 PM #7
Re: Natural Ways to Lose WeightTop Fruits for Weight Loss
Fruit is one of nature's wonders. So delicious and so nutritious and at the same time can also help you lose weight.
Here are some of the Top fruits for Weight Loss:
4th Jan 2013, 12:30 PM #8
Re: Natural Ways to Lose WeightLose Weight with Ginger
Ginger is a very good digestive aid. It boots metabolism, reduces cholesterol levels and aids weight loss.
Ginger is a good source of potassium, magnesium and copper.
Ginger is an aromatic and hot spice with a strong flavor and can be made as a tea, added to stir fries and lots of dishes to give it an Asian flavor.
In herbal medicine ginger is commonly used to soothe the digestive tract and reduce intestinal gas and inflammation.
4th Jan 2013, 12:33 PM #9
Re: Natural Ways to Lose WeightQuinoa for Weight Loss
Quinoa is an amino acid rich seed which is an excellent diet friendly and hunger fighting protein. It helps to fill you up with very few calories and stay full for a long time. This is considered as a complete protein source as it contains all the nine essential amino acids our body needs.
Quinoa is also a good source of dietary fiber and rich in magnesium, iron, copper and phosphorous and promotes cardiovascular health, reduces hypertension and helps maintain blood glucose levels.
Quinoa is gluten free and is considered to be easily digestible and relatively allergy free.
Quinoa is a complete food as it contains carbohydrate, soluble and insoluble fiber, wide array of vitamins and minerals, amino acids, sugar, sodium, fatty acids and more. The carbohydrates in Quinoa release very slowly into your blood steam and provides a steady supply of energy and keeps you full, healthy and satiated.
So start adding Quinoa to your daily diet and start losing weight!
4th Jan 2013, 12:35 PM #10
Re: Natural Ways to Lose WeightLose weight with Apples
Apples are a high fiber low calorie food which is excellent for weight loss. They are loaded with anti-oxidant vitamins and minerals. Because of the high fiber it helps fill you up, controls the appetite and hence help with weight loss. Research shows that adding 3 apples a day shows significant results. Adding an apple 15 minutes before each meal helps reduce the calorie intake by around 15% during the meal.
Apples are also low in sodium and helps reduce water retention in our body.
Apples contain pectin which is known to help keep the blood cholesterol levels in check.
The phytonutrients found in apples can also help regulate the blood sugar levels. The polyphenols found in apples helps slow down the digestion of carbohydrates, reduces glucose absorption and stimulates the pancreas to produce more insulin.
So have an apple a day or 3 apples a day and keep the doctor away!