Forget push up bras and annoying inserts. All you need to do is follow these three do-at-home exercises for firm, lifted and toned breasts.
"Dynamic contractions take place with push-ups that tighten your chest muscles. Muscular strength around the arms and shoulders increases too," says fitness expert Jeraz Bhujwala. Three sets of 15-20 push-ups every day will do the trick.
- Kneel on the floor with your feet crossed at the ankles. Press your knees together and place your hands on the floor, slightly ahead of and further apart than your shoulders.
- Ensure that your knees, hips and shoulders are in straight angles.
- Slowly lower your upper body to floor and push back to the original position. If you cannot manage a full push-up, take it halfway down until your strength improves.
2. Chest Presses
This exercise needs weights. Do three sets of chest presses thrice a week with 20 repetitions each.
- Lie on your back on the floor with your feet placed in front of your buttocks, knees bent.
- Lift the weights above you with the backs of your hands facing you. Your arms should be straight. Do not lock your elbows.
- Slowly bend your arms so that your elbows are at 90 degrees.
Return to the starting position. Give a break of four seconds between repetitions.
In addition to strengthening your chest muscles, dips also improve your posture. Three sets of dips with 20 repetitions each done thrice a week will work on your chest muscles and triceps.
- Stand with your back facing the back of a chair and place your feet as far apart as your hips. Place your palms on the back of the chair.
- Keep your back straight and close to the chair.
- Lower yourself until your arms and knees are bent at 90 degrees.
- Push back to the original position until your arms are straight, but not locked.
Do not do all the exercises at one time. Alternate. And before you start on any exercise, make sure to consult your doctor to rule out any health problems.