Golden Ruler's of Penmai
- Sep 3, 2012
When comes to beauty care, beyond the washing and conditioning, most of us tend to neglect our hair. Now thanks to the dirt, pollution, sun and stress we face on a daily basis, our hair tends to suffer quite a bit. The result more frequent bad hair days and constantly unmanageable hair.
In this article, I will talk about different hair masks fit for different hair types. As we live a busy life, I will concentrate on a set of three different hair masks – for dry, normal and oily hair that is easy make and use too!
Mask for Dry Hair:
For all you dry haired beauties, if you want your hair to be super manageable, less frizzy and at the same time not weighed down, then here is a gorgeous mask for you with all-natural ingredients.
- The first thing you should do is take at about 4 tablespoons of honey and add 1 teaspoon of pasted almonds (4 skinned almonds pasted with ½ tablespoon rosewater) to it.
- Beat 2 tablespoon cream till its slightly fluffy.
- Add the honey-almond combination.
- Mix this together, and apply it on the hair from root to the tip.
- Keep this paste on for at least 30 minutes (it is better if you keep this for about 1 hour)
- Then wash off thoroughly with cold water, so that the mixture is completely washed.
- Apply a light shampoo to wash the hair and let air-dry completely.
- Once that is done, you would have soft, fluffy and incredibly manageable hair.
Note: If you have a problem with cream, you can also use yoghurt. However the effect is definitely not the same in that case.
Mask for Normal Hair:
This is possibly one of the easiest masks to make, and it stays in the fridge for up to a week, so make it and store it.
- At first, take one egg, and separate the yolk from the white.
- To the yolk add 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon almond oil and 1 tablespoon honey. Mix thoroughly and apply it all over your scalp.
- To the white of the egg, add 4 tablespoon flat beer, and beat for a couple of minutes. Apply it all over the hair, from root to tip.
- Now, cover the hair with a shower cap and wait for 30-40 minutes before you wash it off.
- Thoroughly wash off the oil by applying a good quality shampoo over the hair and then let air-dry.
- You will find your hair looking silky and nourished and it will feel voluminous and vibrant.
A lot of people are afraid to put a mask on oily hair for the fear that it it might become even oilier. However, this hair mask made for oily hair and hence works perfectly for oily hair.
- Take 1 tablespoon of plain water and add 1 large pinch of fruit salt to it. If you don’t have fruit salt then you can replace this with eno or even baking soda.
- Add to it 2 pasted amlas (gooseberries), or 1 egg white beaten till soft peaks have formed in it.
- Apply this on the hair, from root to the tip, avoiding the scalp.
- Keep it for 20-30 minutes and then rinse off thoroughly to make sure no residue remains.
- Use a good shampoo afterwards to clean hair thoroughly, and let it dry completely.
- Hair becomes soft and manageable with a lot of bounce and volume.