Guru's of Penmai
- Feb 5, 2011
5 Ways To Avoid Rain Diseases
Rain diseases are a common seasonal inconvenience. Just as the first showers hit the earth, everybody starts saying 'now we are going to get sick!' However, there are ways to avoid these diseases. The rains are unpredictable and it is only human to forget your rain apparel once in a while. That does not mean that you will have to become a victim of rain diseases. You can actually prevent sickness if you take a few simple measures.
Discussed below are the 5 best ways to avoid diseases during rains. If are wary of seasonal illness then follow these and stay clear of rain diseases.
1. Drink Herbal Tea: Herbal tea is an assortment of natural ingredients like Pepper, Cloves, Ginger, Tea leaves, Mint, Basil (Tulsi) and the herb Ashwagandha (Indian winter cherry). These are natural cold deterrents and thus very effective against coughs and colds. Your throat is the part of your body that is most susceptible to cold. If you drink herbal tea early in the morning during the rainy season, it will keep your throat clear of infections.
2. Use Eucalyptus Oil: If you are prone to a running nose then eucalyptus oil is your savior. Put 4 drops of eucalyptus oil in your handkerchief before you leave home and it will suffice for the whole day. This medicinal oil has a very strong smell that will keep your nose clear and you can breathe in comfort. Eucalyptus oil will be easily available in any of the pharmacies or medical stores in your neighborhood.
3. Use Neem As Anti-allergic: Neem is a plant famous for its medicinal properties. You can use it as an anti allergic during the rains. Neem is a relatively common tree naturally growing in many localities. You can put neem leaves in boiling hot water and then bathe in it. If that is bot possible, then it is alright to use the numerous neem soaps available in the markets these days. This will give to natural protection against rain diseases.
4. Clean Your Feet Properly: Your feet go through all the muck and puddles of the rains and are therefore the carrier of water related diseases. You have take extra care of your feet during the rainy season. It is not always possible to wear covered shoes but clean your feet every day if you are to prevent sickness. Not just under the tap; soak your feet in hot water for atleast 5 minutes and then wash it with antiseptic.
5. Drink Boiled Water: The rains bring stomach infections with them as naturally as they bring water. Thus water related diseases are bound to be rampant. Keeping that in mind the best way to avoid diseases is to drink boiled water. Boil water for 10 minutes and drop a few leaves of Basil in it.
Follow these simple guidelines and enjoy the season free of rain diseases.