Golden Ruler's of Penmai
- Sep 3, 2012
‘If it rains on your wedding day, it’s good luck.’ – most of us, especially in India must have heard this at least once in our lives.
Superstitions only revolve around good and bad luck for the newly-weds and there’s always this one person in the family who’s done his/her PhD (Permanent Head Damage) in superstitious beliefs.
Here's listing down the most believed and popular wedding superstitions in India…
1. Black and white colour outfits should be avoided at Indian weddings, as they are the colours of mourning or bad luck.
2. It is believed that the darker the bride’s henna colour turns out, the more her in-laws and husband will love her.
3. Throwing rice at the couple during their wedding is considered to be auspicious. It is a sign of abundance and fertility.
4. On your wedding day, if you see a black cat cross your path it’s considered to be good luck. But, spotting an open grave or a lizard is bad luck.
5. Spilling of boiling milk during, before, or after the wedding is considered to be a bad omen. It is taken as a signal of some pending misfortune.
6. The bride is considered to be unlucky if she enters the new house with her left foot first.
Which of these do you believe in?
308.2 KB Views: 24