Almond Butter Vs Peanut Butter!!

gkarti

Golden Ruler's of Penmai
Staff member
Super Moderator
Almond and peanut butter have almost Same nutrition Profile. The following Reference is a comparison over the health benefits and value of almond butter and peanut butter.

So read on to find out the best one that Suits your needs!

images.jpg

• Almond Butter has high Vitamin E Content Over Peanut Butter. Almond Butter Contains 4 milligrams of vitamin E per tablespoon while Peanut butter contains just 1 milligram of vitamin E per 1 tablespoon. Vitamin E helps in neutralizing free radicals and preventing harmful chemicals from oxidizing DNA and proteins, which damages the cells.

• Peanut Butter Can be Easily available in Shops and it Has been a favorite of kids. Almond Butter can usually found in the health food alley.

Last edited:

gkarti

Golden Ruler's of Penmai
Staff member
Super Moderator
Comparisons

peanuts%u00252Bvs%u00252Balmonds.jpg

• Both almond butter and peanut butter can be healthy and nutritious. Peanut Butter provides more Selenium (which is important for enzyme function) than almond butter. But typically Almond butter is more expensive than peanut butter.

• Almond is a rich source of calcium, magnesium and potassium. All these minerals combine with each other to decrease the resistance in blood vessels and helps in lowering blood pressure levels.

• Peanut butter is rich source of a reservatol. It helps in improving blood flow to the brain and therefore reduces the risk of stroke.

• Another consideration is the issue of Peanut allergies. Almond butter is a good alternative if you have peanut allergies.

Last edited:

gkarti

Golden Ruler's of Penmai
Staff member
Super Moderator

almond-butter-640x423.jpg

Almond Butter Vs Peanut Butter

Nutritional Value of 1 tsp

[TABLE="width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Nutrient [/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Almond Butter [/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Peanut Butter

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Protein[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]2.5g

[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]3.9g[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Calories[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]100

[/TD]
[TD="align: left"] 95[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Fat[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]9.4-9.5g

[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]8-8.1g[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Zinc [/TD]
[TD="align: left"]0.5mg

[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]0.4mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Fiber [/TD]
[TD="align: left"]2-2.1g

[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]1.5-1.6g[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Carbs [/TD]
[TD="align: left"]3g
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]3.5g[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

So almond vs peanut butter, which one to go for??

Consult your doctor and get the right type and amount prescribed for your health demands. Choose Well!! Take Care!!

Last edited:

SSJR

Commander's of Penmai
Killuuuuu....nice post da...

From a nutritive standpoint, you have summarized the differences between both butters very nicely...Really, an informative article...

I love peanuts in any form, so personally my choice would be peanut butter....:cheer::cheer::cheer:...

But, I would like to add one more point to your article...It is always best to avoid butters (both peanut and almond) loaded with too much salt and preservatives, which is the case with most of the so-called "well-known brands"...So, guys if you love such kinds of butters, your safe bet would be to go for organic ones...Even though we have to shell out a few extra pennies for the organic ones, you are rest assured you are eating yummy butters sans unwanted preservatives and trans fat...

Cheers....

gkarti

Golden Ruler's of Penmai
Staff member
Super Moderator
Absolutely Jeev, I've made the switch recently, because of the calcium. Having a dairy allergy has forced me to find other sources of calcium, and Natural peanut butter has no cholesterol simply because it's not of animal origin. I looked on the jar, no cholesterol or trans fats in the brand we use (Smucker's Natural).

I don't eat any peanut butter with added sugars or fats. It must be stirred and is a bit softer than Jif… However, love peanut butter and still eat it occasionally, but it's always all natural (just dry roasted peanuts).:) :)

SSJR

Commander's of Penmai
Absolutely Jeev, I've made the switch recently, because of the calcium. Having a dairy allergy has forced me to find other sources of calcium, and Natural peanut butter has no cholesterol simply because it's not of animal origin. I looked on the jar, no cholesterol or trans fats in the brand we use (Smucker's Natural).

I don't eat any peanut butter with added sugars or fats. It must be stirred and is a bit softer than Jif… However, love peanut butter and still eat it occasionally, but it's always all natural (just dry roasted peanuts).:) :)
Thatz great KatGal...You have absolutely made a right decision by switching to natural butters...:angel:...

Trans fat is the biggest enemy of our generation...So, hope people will soon realize its dangers and make a wise decision like you...:pray:...So, guys, whatever stuff you may buy, please look out for the ingredient list...

Cheers.....