Guru's of Penmai
- Jan 27, 2013
Most people know how to protect their heart (eat less fat, exercise more), but do you know how to care for your kidneys ?
A diabetic patient thought he was healthy until a kidney function test showed that his kidneys were only functioning at 40-percent capacity.
The kidneys’ job is to help remove various toxins (drugs and food wastes), and expel them through the urine. The kidneys are silent and efficient workers, but if they get sick, the whole body suffers. we grow older, our kidneys also start to age, hence the need to protect them. Another problem with kidney disease is that majority of patients have no warning symptoms. Occasionally, some patients may notice leg swelling, which prompts a doctor’s consult.
Why healthy kidneys is absolutely essential for our health?
reasons are ...
- Our kidneys produce a hormone called erythropoietin that has the important responsibility of stimulating your bone marrow to produce red blood cells.
- Our kidneys produce renin, a hormone that helps to regulate our blood pressure.
- Our kidneys produce calcitriol, a hormone that is essential to our abilityto absorb calcium from the foods that We eat.
- Our kidneys filter waste products and excess fluid out of our blood and eliminate them as urine.
- Our kidneys help to regulate our electrolyte levels by filtering out any excess minerals that are floating around in our blood circulation.
10 common habits that damages the Kidneys
1. Not emptying you bladder early
2. Not drinking enough water
3. Taking too much salt
4. Not treating common infection quickly and properly
5. Eating too much meat
6. Not eating enough
7. painkiller abuse
8. Missing your drugs
9. Drinking too much alcohol
10. Not resting enough
Dehydration is one of top most reason that damages your kidney.Men usually remain more dehydrated than women……….. Much drinking of pure water can save you kidneys for long to life long time without any complication. So drink while you are indoor,outdoor, resting Every time.!
The Key to healthy living as always is to eat in moderation , be active and be happy!!!