Ask our Health Expert Dr. Prema

Parasakthi

Blogger
Dear Friends,

We are very happy to say that our Penmai Friend Dr. Prema (premabarani) is coming forward to help us by answering & clarifying your health related queries & doubts. Even though, she is specialized in Anesthesia, she will answer for general health related queries also.

Though she is busy with her profession, she is extending her helping hands for our members. Due to her busy schedule, she may not be able to reply immediately for your queries but she will reply you mostly within 24 hrs and also she will be busy in the week-end (Friday). Small Request to all, don't bump this thread until she reply to the respective post.

Our sincere Thanks to Prema for her support and kindness to our Penmai Members.

Hi Friends I have specialized in Anaesthesia & working as Anaesthetist. But I'll try my level best to clear your doubts in other areas too..Hope you understand my limitations too. Have a nice day. Prema Barani

Last edited:

jv_66

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very happy to hear this and see this thread. Hope all the members would benefit from Prema's advice.

sumathisrini

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Dr. Prema Bharani!

Welcome handflower.gif to this section. I am happy to know about your service for our members here. Thanks a lot for your kindness & help.

Hi ACCOOL & Sumathi Thank you very much for all your support. But I sincerely wish all our friends are Hale & Healthy, making this forum a waste. Hope for healthy future. Prema Barani

Hi prema mam,

whats your best advise to loose weight. I had putted nearly 8 kgs after my delivery. my delivery is c-section, the pain lasted for nearly 1.5 years. so doctor advised not to do heavy exercise, since i got pain. Now the pain is somewhat ok.. and i like to loose weight now.

Hi prema mam,

whats your best advise to loose weight. I had putted nearly 8 kgs after my delivery. my delivery is c-section, the pain lasted for nearly 1.5 years. so doctor advised not to do heavy exercise, since i got pain. Now the pain is somewhat ok.. and i like to loose weight now.
Hi Chandra Loosing weight is purely by Diet & Exercise. Simple exercise like Brisk walking will do. Other minor changes in your daily routine which makes a big difference are Early morning in Empty stomach Drink 3-4 glasses of water, Eat 4-6 times in small quantities, Finish your dinner by 7 Pm & after that don't eat anything, Try to reduce Sweets ( I know it is difficult one so only asking to reduce & not avoid). Bye... Prema Barani

sumitra

Blogger
Dear Dr Prema Barani Madam,

We are very much happy to have your advises here for the benefit of our penmai.com members. thank you for rendering such a support to our members.

Sriramajayam

Blogger
வாங்கோ, வாங்கோ நல்வரவு என பெண்மையின் சார்பாக அழைக்கிறோம் டாக்டரம்மா (பிரேமலதா பரணிதரன்).

அதைப்போல் நம்ம நண்பர் லண்டன் டாக்டர் பிரியா கௌதம் அவர்களையும் வாங்கோ, வாங்கோ நல்வரவு என பெண்மையின் சார்பாக அழைக்கிறோம்..

smileys-praying-742234.gif

thenuraj

Penman of Penmai
Blogger
Hi Prema...... super idea..... ithaithan naanga ethirpaarthom.....Welcome...... unga busyana velaikalukku naduvila penmai thozhikalukkaka neram othikiyatharkku romba romba nandri...... nandri.....nandri.....

sumitra

Blogger
Hi Chandra Loosing weight is purely by Diet & Exercise. Simple exercise like Brisk walking will do. Other minor changes in your daily routine which makes a big difference are Early morning in Empty stomach Drink 3-4 glasses of water, Eat 4-6 times in small quantities, Finish your dinner by 7 Pm & after that don't eat anything, Try to reduce Sweets ( I know it is difficult one so only asking to reduce & not avoid). Bye... Prema Barani
Very nice tips you have given for losing weight thank you Dr. madam.

hi mam. is there any possibilities of getting backpain because of anasthesia given at the time of c-section delivery (spinal anesthetic). i heard like that from some of my relatives. is that true? pls clarify my doubt. thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi Kalai Spinal Anaesthesia is preferred over General Anaesthesia Because It is safe for the baby, Mother can feel the baby immediately after birth, Safe in certain conditions like mother with Asthma, Diabetes etc, Surgeon also feel comfortable & safe to operate under Spinal because of certain technical reasons. But the drawbacks of Spinal are May get Head-ache in 2-4 days, Very very rarely back-ache in later years.The bach pain is due to many reasons & not proven it is solely because of Spinal. Spinal is 1 in 100 reasons of causes to back pain. So You can boldly go ahead with Spinal. Have a Nice d Day. Prema Barani

Sriramajayam

Blogger
ஹலோ வைத்தியரம்மா,
எனக்கு ஒரு சந்தேகம்!
என் கண்கள் கிழே கருப்பு மையம் உள்ளது.
எதனால் கருப்பு மையம் வந்தது?
கருப்பு மறைய எதாவது மருந்து உள்ளதா?
எனக்கு ஒரு கெட்ட பழக்கம் உள்ளது.
அதாவது, தினமும் இரவு 12 மணிக்கு மேல் தூங்குவேன்!
காலையில் தினமும் 7.30 மணிக்கு கண்ணை திறப்பேன்!

:yawn: