Ruler's of Penmai
- May 24, 2010
- If your nails are too brittle and dry, you should increase the consumption of food that items rich in vitamin A
- Every night, before you go off to sleep, wash your hands thoroughly, wipe them dry with a towel and apply a hand moisturizer. Thereafter, rub a small amount of petroleum jelly into the cuticle as well as the skin surrounding your nails.
- Drink plenty of water and fresh fruit juices. It will help keep your body, and in turn your nails, well hydrated.
- Do not file you nails just after you have had a shower or have washed your hands. This is because wet nails tend to break easily.
- If you want to keep your nails strong and shiny, resort to nail buffing. It augments the blood supply to the nail, in turn stimulating its growth.
- If you are suffering from the problem of hangnails, it is advisable to eat food rich in protein, vitamin C and folic acid.
- Deficiency of vitamin B 12 can lead to dryness, rounded and curved ends and darkening of nails. So, make sure to include enough of the vitamin in your diet.
- Apply nail varnish remover before doing your nails even if don t need to remove any old polish, it prepares the nails by removing any grease so that your polish will last longer
- Give your nail varnish plenty of time for each layer to dry to ensure a lasting finish. If you re likely to get impatient waiting around opt for a quick drying formula like Lancome Vernis Instant Magnetic or Loreal Jet Set.
- A hand massage will boost your circulation and encourage nail growth and is the perfect way to pamper yourself.
- Eat protein rich food for white bands across the nails.
- Eat food rich in zinc to prevent white spots on the nails.
- Eat food rich in sulfur and silicon like broccoli, fish, and onions.
- Supplement your diet with spirulina and kelp to make your nails strong.
- Regular nail care is important and occasionally do apply cuticle oil to moisturize and soften your cuticles and nails.
- If you apply nail polish, do not put a thick coat and leave it. Beautiful, well manicured nails require 2 to3 coats of nail polish applications to give them that smooth, glossy finish.
- To give your cracked and painfully brittle nails an easy treatment, simply heat some sesame oil on low until it is warm, and soak your nails for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Never leave your nails wet, as it might increase the risk of fungal infection. Thus, always dry out your hands and feet.
- Include a glass of milk in your daily diet. Drinking milk can do wonders on your nails as; they are supplied with sufficient amount of calcium.
- Do not use knife or blade to remove nail polish.
- Do not bite your nails, it is very unhealthy, it could damage your nails.