bedtime stories for 1 year old kid

akshu.anitha

Commander's of Penmai
Penman of Penmai
Blogger
Hi illavarasi ,

even my kid is one year old. i used to say her panchatantra stories in night with the photos of that animals. she really enjoys in listening to it and also my husband used to say good part of stories from mahabaratha and ramayana. you can try with panchatantra stories

umaravi2011

Minister's of Penmai
Hi Mam

when my kids were one year old i used to tell them the following stories

Alice in wonderland
Sleeping beauty
Snow white
Amar chitra stories

through picture books which they used to enjoy very much

You can also try tamil neethi kathaikal

excellent picture books used to be available at Higgin Bothams and Pai & sons near carnatic theater. I used to buy from there.

Last edited:

Penmai

admin@penmai.com
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for your reply too uma.. I have some CD's of Rhymes and Stories... He is watching it out interestingly, but had a doubt whether the bedtime story makes them feel sleepy in this age or it will disturb them.

Bcoz, I tried saying Nila's story... while i am starting as "Nila..", he gets up and sit in my lap and tell as "நில்லா வா வா" (not as நிலா வா வா) gazing at the ceilings, since we have some glowing stickers of Moon and stars on ceilings...

Did they will be disturbed like this or it will change when they grows..?

akshu.anitha

Commander's of Penmai
Penman of Penmai
Blogger
Thanks for your reply anitha... Let me try reading first today and tell him. Good to know about your daughters.. what's her name?
Most welcome ilavarasi mam. my daughter's name is akshatha. as you said there is a possibility of disturbances in their sleep. but you switch off the light and put on the night lamp and say the story in a very low voice to them. they will automatically sleep. i tried it with my daughter. you can also try some mild veena or piano instrumental music in the night, which gives them a pleasant sleep. infact my kid loves these type of instrumental musics.

umaravi2011

Minister's of Penmai
Thanks for your reply too uma.. I have some CD's of Rhymes and Stories... He is watching it out interestingly, but had a doubt whether the bedtime story makes them feel sleepy in this age or it will disturb them.

Bcoz, I tried saying Nila's story... while i am starting as "Nila..", he gets up and sit in my lap and tell as "நில்லா வா வா" (not as நிலா வா வா) gazing at the ceilings, since we have some glowing stickers of Moon and stars on ceilings...

Did they will be disturbed like this or it will change when they grows..?

Hi Mam

This is a very clear indication that he is following your story this is not a disturbance at all.

Bed time stories are always good for the young mind and it will help them to improve their thinking capabilities

Listening to good stories will always give a good sleep and fresh wake up every day.

Last edited:

Penmai

admin@penmai.com
Staff member
Administrator
Most welcome ilavarasi mam. my daughter's name is akshatha. as you said there is a possibility of disturbances in their sleep. but you switch off the light and put on the night lamp and say the story in a very low voice to them. they will automatically sleep. i tried it with my daughter. you can also try some mild veena or piano instrumental music in the night, which gives them a pleasant sleep. infact my kid loves these type of instrumental musics.
Sweet name... anitha... :) I have some collection of lullabies, so he used to sleep by hearing it...

Hi Mam

This is a very clear indication that he is following your story this is not a disturbance at all.

Bed time stories are always good for the young mind and it will help them to improve their thinking capabilities

Listening to good stories will always give a good sleep and fresh wake up every day.
Thank you uma. yeah i too agree with the growth of their mental abilities. Hmm he is following, let me try saying it hereafter, maybe if he gets used to hearing it, he may change to sleeping mode..

Anyway thank you dears, let me try with telling stories and update here... if there is any success. :)