- Dec 2, 2011
Benefits of Home-work
Am I sounding right? Believe me…….yes…I am…..
There are many benefits for the children by doing their Home – work.
- First of all, it serves as the revision of the lessons which were taught in the school.
- Through this, the children get more knowledge about that lesson.
- By repeating the lesson taught in the school, it gets emphasized in their brain more strongly.
- Nowadays’ children like to play more of indoor games like Video games . This can be avoided or restricted, when they ought to do the Home – works.
- Once they come home from School, they can be allowed to play outside. After this, they can be scheduled to do their Home – works, thus avoiding the Video games or sitting on Internet.
- Doing Home – works, improves the Time – Management skill in the children.
- When they are supposed to finish their Home – works in the specified time, they will come to understand , as how much time is to be spent for solving the questions given.
- This will also make them responsible towards their studies.
- In Mathematics, when they are given different sums to be solved, they will be able to understand the variety of questions in the same chapter or same pattern.
- In other subjects, when they are asked to write few more questions from the lesson taught, they will come to understand the lesson much more deeper.
- Through these Home – works, the teacher will also come to know, as how much the student has understood the lesson , and thus assess the capability of the student.
- By giving home –works, the teacher is letting the Parents, to know about the lessons which are taught in the class. So, the parents also gets involved in the school activities by encouraging their children to do their home – works.
- Nowadays, Project work is also given along with the written home- works. This makes the children understand the lessons, practically.
- When the teacher praises the child for the home –works done by him /her, this will be a boost for the child to concentrate more on his/her studies.
- They will surely want to be praised and thus do their home –works without fail.
- Generally, to emphasize more on the lesson to be understood, it should be taught repeatedly. But since, this is impossible for the teacher, these Home – works come in hand.
- In fact, during their tests and exams, these Home – works done by them will help a lot to get revised.
- Doing home – works will certainly help the children to rectify their mistakes regarding that specific lessons.
- If any mistake is done by the student and if it is notified by the teacher, this will certainly get emphasized in their brain, and thus , they will not repeat .
- The legibility in handwriting will also improve by doing home – works.
Last , but not the least, the parents must only clear the doubts for a few solutions. They should never sit beside the child as long as he is doing his home –work.
Parents, please do not show or spill hatred words regarding the home works and make your children's mind , that the home work is like a punishment.
They can monitor the children, then and there, so that their presence would make the child do their home –works in a faster way, without getting distracted to play .
The parents, can analyse the amount of Home – work to be done and set a time for it to be done (thinking in the angle of the child’s ability). If the child is able to do it within that time, they need to praise for it. Even if he is not able to finish it, please do not scold for it, but encourage him that he could do better the next day.
The parents can also discuss with the concerned teacher, about the home –works given and the subsequent progress in the child.