Ruler's of Penmai
- May 24, 2010
- Muskmelon comprises of a significant amount of dietary fiber, making it good for those suffering form constipation.
- Since the fruit is not high in sugar or calories, it serves as a good snack for all those who are trying to lose weight and maintain a healthy body.
- The potassium present in muskmelons makes them quite helpful in the lowering of blood pressure.
- The fruit has been associated with regulating heart beat and, possibly, preventing strokes.
- Researches have suggested that muskmelons might reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and age-related bone loss.
- Being rich in Vitamin C, an antioxidant, the fruit has been believed to be good for preventing heart diseases, cancer and other chronic ailments.
- Muskmelons have been found to have sedative properties, making them beneficial for the people who are suffering from insomnia.
- The fruit has almost zero cholesterol and thus, is safe for the people who suffer from the problem of high blood cholesterol.
- Regular consumption of muskmelon juice can help treat lack of appetite, acidity, ulcer and urinary tract infections.
- Since it has high water content, the fruit can help reduce the heat in the body and thus, prevent heat-related disorders.
- The fruit proves to be a good source of vitamin A and thus, helps maintain healthy skin.
- The folic acid present in muskmelons helps create healthy fetuses (in pregnant women) and can even prevent cervical cancer and osteoporosis. It also serves as a mild antidepressant.
- If you are feeling too tired on a hot summer day, consume a muskmelon and you will find yourself refreshed and energized.