Minister's of Penmai
- Jul 4, 2011
- Ragi has a high content of protein.
- It is an extremely good source of iron and calcium.
- Ragi flour can be used to make flat breads, chappatis, dosas, idlis. Ragi grains are malted and the grains are ground. The ground flour is then mixed with milk, boiled water or yoghurt and consumed.
- Because of its high nutritional content ragi flour is recommended as a weaning food especially in the south India.
- The Ragi based foods are highly suited for expectant mothers and elderly due to there high calcium and iron content.