books to read during pregnancy

radhika

Friends's of Penmai
Is there is any general or spritual books should be read during pregnancy. I don't have lot of friends so asking it here, treating all you as friends...

Please advice me what are all books to read during this period to have a good healthy and good hearted child.

sweetlalitha

Friends's of Penmai
we are here to help you!!! you can read Bhagavad Gita, Thiruvasagam, Ramayanam (Sundarakandam) because these books teaches truth to the human life.

Did you heared about goddess garbarakshambigai, she is the protector of foetus... here is a sloka to be read during each month of pregnancy.

The first slogam should be chanted in the first month. First and second in the second month. And so on..... Till 10 months.

Aehyaehi Bhagavan Brahman, Praja-Karthaha Prajaapathae I Pragrihneeshva Balim Sa-imam, saapathyam raksha Gharbineem II

Ashvinou Dheva Dhevaesow, Pragruhneedhan Balim Dhvimam I Saapathyaam Garbineem sa-imam sa Rakshatham Poojayaanayaa II

Rudhrasha Aekaadhasha Broktha , Pragrahnanthu Balim Dhvimam I Yakshamaagam Preethayae Vrutham, Nithyam Rakshandhu Garbineem II

Aadhithyaa Dhvaadhasha Brokthaha, Pragrimneethvam Balim thvimam I Yashmaakam Thejasaam Vridhya, nithyam rakshatha garbineem II

Vinayaka Ganaadhyaksha, Shiva puthra Mahabala I Pragrihneeshva Balim sa-imam, Saapathyam raksha garbineem II

Skandha Shanmuga devaesha puthra preethi vivardhana I Pragrihneeshva Balim sa-imam, Saapathyam raksha garbineem II

Prabhaasaha prabhavashyamaha prathyoushow maaruthoenalaha I Druvodhara dharashaiva, vasavoeshtow prakeerthithaha I Pragruhneethvam balim sa-imam, nithyam Rakshatha Garbineem II

Pithurdevi pidhushraeshtae, bahu puthree mahaa bale I Boodha sreshtae nisha vaasae, nirvrithae shounagapriyae I Pragrihneeshva Balim sa-imam, Saapathyam raksha garbineem II

Raksha Raksha Mahadeva, Baktha-Anugraha karaga I Pakshi Vaahana Govindha, Saapathyam raksha Garbineem II

Hope this helps you!!!

radhika

Friends's of Penmai
thanks lalitha for your quick replly... is the mantra should be said once or there is any repetition is there?

suji

i just read bagavad gita and sundara kandam devotionally and some more books regarding pregnancy and child care.

Pregnancy books always helps mothers. Helps you to understand pregnancy and what to expect while pregnant and labor.
I think the only reason it freaks you out is because you have not experienced a pregnancy. the unknown will always freak you out especially when pain is involved and how your body changes.
I can refer this link for buying parenting books

Last edited by a moderator: