Bruxism-grinding teeth

suganthiramesh

Guru's of Penmai
Blogger
Bruxism, or teeth grinding, is a problem in kids as it is in adults.Bruxism is the unconscious habit of grinding one's teeth. In adults, it is usually caused by stress. In kids, bruxism usually occurs in their sleep. It is a rather common condition in kids. toddler-girl-grinding-teeth.jpg
Causes for Bruxism/teeth grinding in children

As the permanent teeth are erupting one after the other, top and bottom teeth don't fit together comfortably until the permanent dentition is completed. This will make the children feel uncomfortable.

The other reasons are tension, anger or some other pain in the body that will make the children to grind their teeth unknowingly either at sleep and rarely at daytime.

Some more factors of Bruxism include intestinal parasites, nutritional deficiencies such as calcium and magnesium deficiencies and allergies.

Symptoms of sleep bruxism

1. painful teeth and painful jaws
2. severe headaches

Cure for bruxism

1. child should lie flat on his back to give good support to his neck.

2. Cover the kids face for a few seconds with a towel soaked in warm water to increase the blood circulation around the jaws...

3. Avoid giving kids stimulants like tea/coffee which disturbs sound sleep.

Last edited:

umaravi2011

Minister's of Penmai
Hi Suga

Very nice sharing

Even i heard about this problem normally if any child do this elders say that the child will get sick I dont know how far it is true but my kids never did like that

I wanted to share one remedy which i read in a magazine

Having a cup of warm milk or tea at bedtime has been proven to help improve quality of rest. It promotes duration of deep sleep, and relaxes facial muscles, preventing clenching and grinding

suganthiramesh

Guru's of Penmai
Blogger
Hi Suga

Very nice sharing

Even i heard about this problem normally if any child do this elders say that the child will get sick I dont know how far it is true but my kids never did like that

I wanted to share one remedy which i read in a magazine

Having a cup of warm milk or tea at bedtime has been proven to help improve quality of rest. It promotes duration of deep sleep, and relaxes facial muscles, preventing clenching and grinding
correct thaan uma... warm milk adults ku kooda nalla thookam tharum... enga veetla moonu perume compulsory night milk eduthupom... avanga rendu perum asanthu thoonguvaanga... naan jaamak kozhiyaatam rendu mani varaikkum muzhichittu iruppen... enna solrathu po....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Ask Question 2
U Ask Question 7